Pre-Game Talk: Vegas at Jets Friday March 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teemusalami204

Jul 30, 2014
Winnipeg
Vegas is new like us
Vegas has achieved better success than us in much less time.
I’d be curious to see the support in lean years in which we have had many

With the bold moves they make I would argue they dont want to risk that. They have an urgency in their organization we may never have

Reactions: Bigfish

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
I love what you've done with Sonnet 32 but ..... somehow it's just not as good without the "real" Shakespeare and his tattooed attitude.

Thanks! He hasn't gone anywhere. :nod:

(Its a pre-game thread, so Bob's your Uncle)

2e6dd8de88749f297843dca538a5962a--shakespeare-funny-shakespeare-tattoo.jpg

cool-shakespeare.png

160422-jones-shakespeare-movies-tease_wspjdp

swag.jpg

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Vegas is new like us
Vegas has achieved better success than us in much less time.
I’d be curious to see the support in lean years in which we have had many
A non competitive Vegas team is a scary prospect. With the arrival of the NFL next season , there is another new shiny toy in the neighbourhood. It wouldn’t take much for the Knights to become irrelevant.

Reactions: GNP and Jets 31

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
A non competitive Vegas team is a scary prospect. With the arrival of the NFL next season , there is another new shiny toy in the neighbourhood. It wouldn’t take much for the Knights to become irrelevant.
When the NFL season is going the hockey is going to take a back seat big time . NFL is a religion in the U.S , just go to a game , it's like the Grey Cup for regular season games . :laugh:

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
That's what I don't get about the bean counting stat junkies. This doesn't mean anything to them. Who cares if we finish last in the wild card spots, it gives us a chance for this, no matter what you think drafting 9th over 13th means to our past, present, and future.
Yup , it's easy to say we won't do anything in the playoffs if we get one of the wild card positions but you can't win shit if you don't get in . Also if the Jets get in this season that would be 3 years in a row , helps sign some free agents and re-sign players if you are a perennial playoff team . :nod:

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I like this better though , might have something to do with the singer . :naughty:

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
1st Connor , Scheifele and Wheeler 2nd Ehlers , Eakin and Laine 3rd Roslovic , Copp and Harkins 4th Frenchie , Lowry and Appleton . That's a pretty good lineup with the same defensive pairings as last game , i like that , pretty decent team .

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
Alrighty kids, place your bets accordingly as I will be in attendance at this game.

Overall MTS record this fine season: 5-8.

Confounding consideration: 2-0 in the last two with wins over the Kings and the Caps.

Can I finish the season with a three game win streak? Maybe. Does my personal record at Jets games have any influence whatsoever? Absolutely not.

Go Jets Go.

And yeah **** Vegas.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011

Have the same sentiments, hockey in Vegas is still the cool thing right now, you don’t have to look far to see a market where the team struggles for fans and relevancy but has three times the population, a lot more northern transplants and where after 24 years a strong fan base should have already been created!

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Yup. Lower body. Long term/week to week. Injury reports I have seen haven't given more info than that.

That is a massive loss. I guess as long as they have him back for the playoffs they will be alright.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad