Vegas = 2012 Coyotes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

illpucks

May 26, 2011
2012 Coyotes ranked 3rd in conference similar to Vegas but were expected to lose first round. They convincingly won 2 rounds but got exposed in round 3. With the Jets looking like the old Kings tonight is Vegas team basically the '12 Coyotes?

Reactions: TimeZone

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
f***, an illpucks post i'm forced to agree with since it's the same thing i've been saying.
Basically the goaltending ran out for the Yotes and if it runs out for the Knights the same will happen.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
****, an illpucks post i'm forced to agree with since it's the same thing i've been saying.
Basically the goaltending ran out for the Yotes and if it runs out for the Knights the same will happen.

I wouldn’t say the goaltending ran out that year for Phoenix, I think they just ran into a powerhouse in LA. Which Winnipeg looks like they could be a similar powerhouse, regardless of LA walking threw their playoff run in 2012. The Kings never played a team as good as Nashville in their 2012 run.

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
I wouldn’t say the goaltending ran out that year for Phoenix, I think they just ran into a powerhouse in LA. Which Winnipeg looks like they could be a similar powerhouse, regardless of LA walking threw their playoff run in 2012. The Kings never played a team as good as Nashville in their 2012 run.
iirc st louis was downright scary that year.

MVP of West Hollywd

Oct 28, 2008
To me Vegas is a lot more exciting team both on paper and play style. They have some exciting forwards like Marchessault and Karlsson that are more compelling than any forwards on Coyotes and they just play a fast and entertaining style compared to team full of grinders the Coyotes. Coyotes probably have better defenseman with Yandle as one of the only stars on the team. That Coyotes team feels more like what an expansion team should look like than Vegas does weirdly

Last edited:

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
It’s a freaking travesty that I have to watch a stupid expansion team from a lousy Pacific division play in the conference finals.

As a Jets fan, it’s nice that we’re getting a free ticket to the Stanley Cup, but as a hockey fan, I was bored to tears tonight.

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
It’s a freaking travesty that I have to watch a stupid expansion team from a lousy Pacific division play in the conference finals.

As a Jets fan, it’s nice that we’re getting a free ticket to the Stanley Cup, but as a hockey fan, I was bored to tears tonight.

Diversify your investment portfolio to include some non-trivial stocks in "Winnipeg -1&1/2" for game two, that'll keep you awake all game :)

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
A thread from illpucks that not only makes sense but also has no hidden anti Crosby agenda. Wow.

The comparison is a pretty good one. That’s assuming Winnipeg wins the series which is far from a guarantee still.

Reactions: kladorf2005

indigobuffalo

Portage and Main
Feb 10, 2011
Winnipeg MB
****, an illpucks post i'm forced to agree with since it's the same thing i've been saying.

Wouldn’t the same be true of the Jets? Hellebuyck is vastly outperforming his career average whereas Fleury is only slightly outperforming his.

If Winnipeg allows 4+ goals the rest of the series can they realistically win?

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Coyotes fan saying that our 2012 team was boring as f*** to watch if you don't consider winning games exciting because you're not a fan of the team. Objectively, watching us that season probably made most non-fans want to shoot themselves (or at the very least, just turn off the TV, or fall asleep).

"Hockey the hard way" was our marketing motto for a couple seasons after that for a reason.

libertarian

Jul 27, 2017
Middle Earth

As a Jet fan I can say you have no idea what you are talking about. LV is a good team. I think the Jets are better but this does not mean that LV doesn't belong in the 3rd round. It is post like this that give Jets fans a bad name. If you do not see how good LV is then you don't understand hockey. This is coming from a guy that kept underestimating the Knights all season but see now that they are a good team. Jets may win and I hope they do but the Knights have earned respect with their play this season. If the Knights do win this series then the Jets loss to a better team. No one fakes their way to WCF, give the Knight the respect they deserve.

Last edited:

libertarian

Jul 27, 2017
Middle Earth
My god I didn't really care about either team this series but the cockiness of Jets fans has made me cheer for the Knights.

In was one game I think by game 3 we will have a clearer picture of how the series will end up.

You are judging all Jets fan by the comments of a few. I am a Jet fan that think they are good enough to win and get to the next round. That said I have total respect for the Knights. They did not get to the 3 round on smoke and mirrors, they beat some good teams to get here but so did the Jets. The Knights have proven all year long that they belong in the 3rd round but the Jets have also proven the same thing. Believing in a team that was 2nd over all in the regular season and beat the President Trophy winner in 7 games has shown their fans how good this team can be. Sorry if we believe this team can win it all. Believing this does not mean we have no respect for LV it just means we believe in a team that has accomplish what the Jets have done so far. LV is more then capable to prove us wrong but they will have to do it before we see that they are the better team.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
2012 Coyotes ranked 3rd in conference similar to Vegas but were expected to lose first round. They convincingly won 2 rounds but got exposed in round 3. With the Jets looking like the old Kings tonight is Vegas team basically the '12 Coyotes?

The Coyotes didn't get 'exposed' in the third round, they ran into the only team playing better hockey than them in the Kings. Winnipeg is no slouch.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
My god I didn't really care about either team this series but the cockiness of Jets fans has made me cheer for the Knights.

In was one game I think by game 3 we will have a clearer picture of how the series will end up.

Don't think the most vocal fans represent everyone. Most of us are frankly surprised we even got this far and are taking each game at a time. Jets have a decent chance against Vegas IMO but anything could happen at this point.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
A thread from illpucks that not only makes sense but also has no hidden anti Crosby agenda. Wow.

The comparison is a pretty good one. That’s assuming Winnipeg wins the series which is far from a guarantee still.

Yes they're exactly like a slow team led by a 39 year old and 34 year old. Very wishful thinking on some people's parts.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON

Yikes.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

sr edler

gold is not reality
Mar 20, 2010
The President's Trophy winning Vancouver Canucks?

Canucks barely won the 2012 Presidents' Trophy (2 points in front of the Rangers and the Blues) (unlike the year before when they coasted to it) and Daniel Sedin also missed the first three games of the series against the Kings after having been Duncan Keith-ed in the head during the regular season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad