Value of: Vatrano to DET

RedHawkDown

still trying to trust the yzerplan
Aug 26, 2011
Canada
There is no reason to trade for a player like this. Sincerely hope Yzerman doesn't pursue this.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Detroit has taken a big step this season and I could see them looking to add. They have a tun of depth up front (11 guys in double digit goals). I think vatrano could be a great add to round out the top 6. Only 2 year commitment at a good cap hit just over 3.5 per

What would ANA be looking for?
2024 1st top 10 protected + a B prospect like Jonatan Berggren. Ducks retain 50%

Deal assumes pick lands around 20th overall in the so-so 2024 NHL draft.

not a deal I'd make if I'm Detroit. Wait to see if you're more of a contender next season.

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
I'd think the player Detroit would target is Fowler... assuming they don't need him to be a 24 min a night, #1 D. If they need a #2/3 LHD and have the cap space. Also, probably not a move this year, but the Ducks will have to move a LHD at some point and I think he's from that area? He's got 2 more years on his contract, and with Minty, LaCombe, Vaaks, Zellweger, and a couple guys a year or two away on the left side, it might make sense to move on from Cam if one or two of the kids take a step. Ideally, Fowler is moved for or Ducks sign a similar stop gap on the right side (guy that can play defense, veteran mentor for the very young LHD).

Reactions: SmokeyDuck

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad