Value of: Vatrano to DET

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
Detroit has taken a big step this season and I could see them looking to add. They have a tun of depth up front (11 guys in double digit goals). I think vatrano could be a great add to round out the top 6. Only 2 year commitment at a good cap hit just over 3.5 per

What would ANA be looking for?

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Detroit has taken a big step this season and I could see them looking to add. They have a tun of depth up front (11 guys in double digit goals). I think vatrano could be a great add to round out the top 6. Only 2 year commitment at a good cap hit just over 3.5 per

I don't see Detroit paying the price to acquire him to be honest.

Play

Time to play the game
Nov 12, 2021
Russia

Red wings are too cheap to pay the price , like @Voodoo Glow Skulls said

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012

I mean are you asking for him at full price, or trying to get him down to 1.8. Because I imagine if he’s available some teams might want to pay to get that extra value.

For us to move him, we’d need more than what we would get back next years deadline…. So a 1st prob isn’t really close to enough

n8

WAAAAAAA!!!
Nov 7, 2002
san francisco
Visit site

Question 1: are you willing to part with your 1st.
If yes:
Question 2: what else are you willing to part with?
If no:
CLOSE THREAD

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Most of the Wings's roster especially the bottom 6 is basically what you would trade for at the deadline, they'll just go in with what they have and make the changes in the summer imo depending how the playoffs go for them

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
does this team have more offensive depth than the 08 team? If not then keep adding.

The cup won’t be won by playing it safe, in my honest opinion
Detroit is a hell of a lot further than a Frank Vatrano away from a Cup.

We need a #1A/B center and/or a true top pairing D.

Anything else won’t make a difference really.

FissionFire

Dec 22, 2006
Las Vegas, NV
www.redwingscentral.com
does this team have more offensive depth than the 08 team? If not then keep adding.

Won’t win the Cup this year even with Vatrano. The team has to dramatically improve their defense to be a serious contender. No point pissing away high picks and prospects for a player who won’t make us into a serious threat.

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
Won’t win the Cup this year even with Vatrano. The team has to dramatically improve their defense to be a serious contender. No point pissing away high picks and prospects for a player who won’t make us into a serious threat.
Vatrano isn’t a rental though

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007

Vatrano doesn't push the Wings over the edge to win the cup. They are one injury to a key player (Lyon, Larkin, Seider, Walman, Raymond) away from being an easy sweep in the playoffs.

Wings are getting a lot better but likely still two years out from being a legit threat in the playoffs.

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
Vatrano doesn't push the Wings over the edge to win the cup. They are one injury to a key player (Lyon, Larkin, Seider, Walman, Raymond) away from being an easy sweep in the playoffs.

Wings are getting a lot better but likely still two years out from being a legit threat in the playoffs.
You may be right but vatrano isn’t a rental

Play

Time to play the game
Nov 12, 2021
Russia

Fine, Pettersson then

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
It'll be funny watching the people dreaming up all these trade proposals for Detroit rage out when Yzerman makes a couple minor upgrades.

Reactions: Stony Curtis

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
It'll be funny watching the people dreaming up all these trade proposals for Detroit rage out when Yzerman makes a couple minor upgrades.
I’m not sure how many minor upgrades they can make though. They have 2 guys on their 4th line with 14 and 16 goals. Even their bottom 5 D-men are solid NHL d-men. They really can only make relatively big moves or they mine as well stand pat as they won’t be improving. Don’t need depth, they need difference makers

Reactions: sureWhyNot

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
I’m not sure how many minor upgrades they can make though. They have 2 guys on their 4th line with 14 and 16 goals. Even their bottom 5 D-men are solid NHL d-men. They really can only make relatively big moves or they mine as well stand pat as they won’t be improving. Don’t need depth, they need difference makers

Everybody keeps talking about adding forwards like Detroit isn't already clogged at forward to the point that Berggren is rejecting a contract. And it's not like it's bad. They're just outside the top 5 in scoring.

Meanwhile, their defense is rancid and they don't have help coming anytime soon on the right side. Think if you see any move of significant, that's where you see it.

Also FWIW, everybody's going out of their mind for Elliotte speculating Guentzel (Which makes no sense, and he admits it's just speculation with no rumors to indicate it's happening) but completely ignores that Marek, on the same podcast, is saying he's heard from multiple people that Detroit wants a pain in the ass defenseman. (Which make sense based on need and Yzerman loving ultra-competitive, gritty players)

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
If I were Detroit I’d just stay put. See what a year of playoffs does for the team and keep the prospects / picks for next season.
Vatrano would make sense for a team that is a little more of a realistic contender, not sure detroit is quite there yet.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad