Confirmed with Link: Vatanen to CAR for Janne Kuokkanen, Frederik Claesson and conditional 4th rounder

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Simply all you do is pronounce all letters. The reason for the confusion is being used to the rules and confusion in the English language. It's really not that complicated.
That was a joke about our color commentator Ken Daneyko who can never pronounce anything. Thats why I added the pic of him...

Reactions: Darkauron

Lou is God

Nov 10, 2003
New Jersey

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
Has anything really gone right for us? Genuine question because I've been watching the games but not following closely what we need to happen in the playoffs for us to get better picks, but it seems like any news I hear is bad news.

You have to wonder if the good luck we've had in this area has run out.

It’s the opposite of last year. Everything this offseason will appear like poison but then this coming season will actually be awesome with a bunch of things that didn’t work actually turning out to be gifts.

Al Belin

Aug 12, 2020
Has anything really gone right for us? Genuine question because I've been watching the games but not following closely what we need to happen in the playoffs for us to get better picks, but it seems like any news I hear is bad news.

No.

Reactions: Ronnie Bass

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007

Well getting 'any' pick at all from Vat playing the play-in games was more than we expected since he didn't hit the 5 regular season game quota.

StevenToddIves

May 18, 2013
Brooklyn, NY
I'm guessing the Carolina 3rd rounder will be in the range of #80 overall. There will be some very intriguing prospects available there. Here's my "All-Maybe They'll Be Around In The 3rd Round Team":

C Evan Vierling: competitive, do-it-all center offers 2nd-line caliber skill-set and really bloomed after a mid-season trade to the Barrie Colts.
LW Carter Savoie: most under-rated winger in the draft has the best shot of any LW in the class of 2020 not named Lafreniere or Perfetti.
RW Martin Chromiak: best Slovakian in the draft has 30+goal NHL potential due to a ridiculous shot/release. Also features plus vision, but the rest of his game and compete level need work.
LD Mitchell Miller: puck-rushing defenseman with an excellent offensive skill-set and great skates, also plays with a physicality and edge which belie most 5'11 offensive-minded defensemen
RD Brock Faber: most under-rated D in the draft may be the steadiest defensive presence in 2020 after Sanderson and Schneider; also a good skater with intriguing offensive tools

NOTE: I would have my personal favorite 2020 draft sleeper Tristen Robins in the mix here, but as much as I love this kid's potential to basically become "Brad Marchand without the cheap s--t", I can't see him falling 80 picks deep.

beekay414

#FireEveryone
Jul 1, 2016
Milwaukee, WI
NOTE: I would have my personal favorite 2020 draft sleeper Tristen Robins in the mix here, but as much as I love this kid's potential to basically become "Brad Marchand without the cheap s--t", I can't see him falling 80 picks deep.
Depends how seriously you take Bob McKenzie's final rankings where Robins was an honorable mention.

Reactions: StevenToddIves

StevenToddIves

May 18, 2013
Brooklyn, NY
Depends how seriously you take Bob McKenzie's final rankings where Robins was an honorable mention.

I'm going to re-do my final rankings when the draft gets closer, because I can. Robins is now up in my 25-overall range. The kid has a skill set I would describe as "borderline dynamic" and a top 5 compete level of anyone in the 2020 class.

Whereas I would describe Marco Rossi as a "Brayden Point 2.0", I would describe Robins as a "Brayden Point-lite". This is far from an insult, as Point is one of my very favorite guys to root on in the NHL.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
great news. i might try and package the 3rd and one of the 4ths to move into the second round

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Devils Army
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2002
I'm guessing the Carolina 3rd rounder will be in the range of #80 overall. There will be some very intriguing prospects available there. Here's my "All-Maybe They'll Be Around In The 3rd Round Team":

C Evan Vierling: competitive, do-it-all center offers 2nd-line caliber skill-set and really bloomed after a mid-season trade to the Barrie Colts.
LW Carter Savoie: most under-rated winger in the draft has the best shot of any LW in the class of 2020 not named Lafreniere or Perfetti.
RW Martin Chromiak: best Slovakian in the draft has 30+goal NHL potential due to a ridiculous shot/release. Also features plus vision, but the rest of his game and compete level need work.
LD Mitchell Miller: puck-rushing defenseman with an excellent offensive skill-set and great skates, also plays with a physicality and edge which belie most 5'11 offensive-minded defensemen
RD Brock Faber: most under-rated D in the draft may be the steadiest defensive presence in 2020 after Sanderson and Schneider; also a good skater with intriguing offensive tools

I know you hate ranking goalies, but if you were to project, which goalies could be available in the 3rd round.

I've got my eye on Nico Daws.
Also whether Commesso or Blomqvist could slide to Round 3.

StevenToddIves

May 18, 2013
Brooklyn, NY
I know you hate ranking goalies, but if you were to project, which goalies could be available in the 3rd round.

I've got my eye on Nico Daws.
Also whether Commesso or Blomqvist could slide to Round 3.

Ugh, goalies. I'm so bad at goalies. To be honest, I can watch them play and tell if they're good or not for their level, but I'm really insecure about rejecting them. I really liked Commesso from what I saw of him, but he's not nearly as athletic as a Spencer Knight, so I guess he could last until the third round.

I've been impressed by Daws and Blomqvist as well, and the people I trust both see them as going in the second or third round. But again, I can't really give you any insight, I can just regurgitate what I've heard and read.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad