Prospect Info: Vasily Glotov (2016, 190th) – '18-19: Cincinnati #92 (ECHL) AHL SPC

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I still think he should be the Sabres new Russian PR guy. Erase some of the bad press from Slob Kozlov, Makarov, et al.

Reactions: Dingo44

Icicle

Think big
Oct 16, 2005
I was all about Rodrigues after seeing him and I'm all about Vasily in the same way. Get him in the AHL! Do we really need to see more of Cornel?

sabrefan27

Mar 9, 2004
Rochester, NY
I was all about Rodrigues after seeing him and I'm all about Vasily in the same way. Get him in the AHL! Do we really need to see more of Cornel?
Cornel has come on a bit, and that’s coming from someone who couldn’t stand him. Glotov’s numbers don’t at all suggest he should step immediately on to an AHL playoff team that’s tanking. Using the ECHL like this is smart. The Sabres need to develop the 3 tier system. My guess is he’s ticketed for Cincinnati to start next season.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
He has a long way to grow yet before he's a viable AHLer. Let him bring his enthusiasm to the Cyclones and see how his game progresses.

Duddy

Everyday is
Dec 24, 2005
Happy for him

I would try to get him to talk to Antipin. Maybe that changes his mind that not everything in this org is horrible.

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
Guess you lose some letters on your first name when you make it to the pros!
Vas Stats - had one shot on goal - was a -1 for the game. Unfortunately he was on the ice for the Atlanta Gladiators game winning goal - 3-2 win - that was scored with 1:03 remaining in the third period. Cincy finishes a 7 game in 9 day span with a game tonight in Wheeling against the Nailers. They are currently on a 5 game losing streak with the last 4 losses being at home.

Last edited:

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Guess you lose some letters on your first name when you make it to the pros!
Vas Stats - had one shot on goal - was a -1 for the game. Unfortunately he was on the ice for the Atlanta Gladiators game winning goal - 3-2 win - that was scored with 1:03 remaining in the third period. Cincy finishes a 7 game in 9 day span with a game tonight in Wheeling against the Nailers. They are currently on a 5 game losing streak with the last 4 losses being at home.

Not surprising about how Cincy is fairing. Stop me if you’ve heard this one before, “we’re going to take your top center, you’re starting goaltender, and maybe some of your depth guys”.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
I have some ideas about how everyone gets players back. It involves signing Borgen, Mittelstadt and a college ufa or two.

Or we can sit back and get nothing done, it has gotten us this far.

Reactions: Chainshot

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY

1f6a8.png
GOOOOOAAAAAL
1f6a8.png
: @bmcnalls74

FINISHES OFF A 2-ON-1 WITH @mikebarrett20 FOR THE OVERTIME WINNER! #CINCYCYCLONES PREVAIL 3-2!!!

FINAL: Goals from @Chrisleone02, @Glotov97, & the game-winner in overtime from @bmcnalls74 sends #CincyCyclones to a 3-2 OT win!

Game Recap - CYCLONES SNAP SKID WITH COME-FROM-BEHIND OVERTIME WIN - Saturday, March 24 - Cyclones Website.

Vas Stats - Aside from the one goal that tied the game at 2 - Vas assisted on the first Cyclones goal that was scored by Leone. He was a +2 and his lone shot on goal was his goal.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dingo44

hizzoner

Sponsor
Jun 19, 2006
Cornel has come on a bit, and that’s coming from someone who couldn’t stand him. Glotov’s numbers don’t at all suggest he should step immediately on to an AHL playoff team that’s tanking. Using the ECHL like this is smart. The Sabres need to develop the 3 tier system. My guess is he’s ticketed for Cincinnati to start next season.
At best he is ECHL fodder much as I would like to see him do well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad