Value of: Vasili Podkolzin as RFA next summer?

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Podkolzin is already a bottom six forward in terms of what he will contribute for us. Anything more than that as far as progression is welcomed, but I want to echo that the OP speaks for no one but himself concerning Podkolzins future here.

True blue let’s be honest. 10th picks is usually top 6 material, or top 4 dman, etc etc. but yes, any progression is welcomed.

But man, truly top 10 pick is no gaurantee.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I mean he was ranked top 10 on a lot of pre-draft lists, if they reached on him then sure clown them.

I wanted Boldy myself but I don’t remember the Canucks getting much hate for the pick at the time.

I’d bet the vast majority of nhl teams had him ranked top 15
Pod was considered a steal at 10. He was ranked higher than that, especially early on in the year. Scouts liked his "NHL body", and the rest of his physical tools looked right.

Wild were thrilled to get Boldy at #12, but if he and Pod were still available, I wouldn't have bet against them picking the latter. One worked out, the other didn't. Broberg was the off the board pick, as well as Seider, at the time. One worked out, the other, not so much.

Reactions: biturbo19

lawrence

May 19, 2012
if Canucks decides not to re-sign him, any takers?
and for how much?

1x1? or under million a year?

or maybe KHL bound 🤔

23 years old (June 24th)
on his 6th pro season
about 350 career pro games combined; KHL, VHL, NHL, AHL

Literally 2 year 1 million per.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad