Confirmed with Link: Vanek Traded to MTL for 2nd rounder and Sebastian Collberg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Systemfel

<b><i>Hockey Talk by Country</b></i>
Jun 20, 2004
Gothenburg
And don't let that swedish poster dismay you, he was hating on Collberg over on our board as well. Habs fans were critical of how his Swedish club was handling Collberg, and this poster, a fan of the club, bashes Collberg to justify the poor treatment.
Just calling things like I see them. Over the past few seasons, I often criticised the club for not giving Collberg a proper chance.

islandermaniac

Feb 27, 2002
If you guys noticed the Nets right before moving from NJ were gutted and running at no frills expense mode. Once they hit Brooklyn, they became active in the FA market and building a competitive team. I fear this is what will happen with us.

Next year we will be a lame duck again.

And snow should know whether this is the case or not. If he has been informed that the team won't spend in advance of Brooklyn, and he STILL pulled the trigger on acquiring vanek from the sabres...well...wow...what an idiot. I guess only a few people really know...

gordie43

Nov 21, 2008
Anyone read Chris Botta's notes about trade deadline? Here is link

Notes that isles received over $700,000 reimbursement from Tavares injury from Olympic Committee.

Wonder where Wang plans on spending that money.

12Dog

Feb 14, 2013
If you guys noticed the Nets right before moving from NJ were gutted and running at no frills expense mode. Once they hit Brooklyn, they became active in the FA market and building a competitive team. I fear this is what will happen with us.

Next year we will be a lame duck again.

Although the FA class the following season looks pretty promising in the Forwards department. If we start spending that may be the time.

Maybe the Russian billionaire who wants to win had something to do with it also?

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
The whole salary rentention screams Wang. I do not doubt this for a split second.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
It was not a fake report. McKenzie said this on TSN radio.

Here's what Staple said about this a little while ago (see 1:11pm):

"I spoke to Bob McKenzie, the source of this info who is the best there is in my business. He said this bit of info was said during a radio chat and that a couple of teams felt they had better offers to make, but the Islanders would not take salary back -- that is NOT to say they were unwilling to pay part of Vanek's salary. It is to say that those teams were offering players off their roster with decent salaries and not much future that Garth Snow didn't want. Snow wanted a first-round pick for Vanek; barring that, from what I understand (and no one was offering a 1st), he wanted a good prospect, not someone else's salary toss. So that's the best I can tell you."

http://www.newsday.com/sports/hocke...th-arthur-staple-on-friday-at-1-p-m-1.6252031

Of course, that begs the question whether the player included was there not as an asset but merely as a salary cap take-back. If so, were the other assets better than what MTL gave up? If MINN's supposed offer was the same as what they sent for Moulson, I don't think it would have been better.

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
I'm in the camp that believes sometimes you have to spend money to make money. Wang seems only willing to spend revenue generated by the team. He will not or does not have any of his own capital to invest in the Islanders.

I actually thought he would start to spend money this year in advance of the move to Brooklyn so that the team would have a couple of playoff years and hit the ground running at Barclay's. Doesn't look like that will happen now.

Horse hockey!!

http://www.therichest.com/sports/the-10-most-controversial-sports-franchise-owners-in-america/8/

$925 million this year in Forbes

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Of course, that begs the question whether the player included was there not as an asset but merely as a salary cap take-back. If so, were the other assets better than what MTL gave up? If MINN's supposed offer was the same as what they sent for Moulson, I don't think it would have been better.

Minnesota sent two 2nds (one of them was pick #43 from WPG) and Torrey Mitchell for Moulson.

Don't know if that was what Fletcher would've offered for Vanek. But if he offered that 2nd round pick (guaranteed) + Jason Zucker, I think that would've been a better return than what Snow got.

All speculation, though.

If it's on the radio, it must be true.

No different than in print or a tweet. The fact that Bob McKenzie is the one who said it should lend credibility, however.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
not a surprise...from a business point of view, I wouldn't either.

And I'm pretty sure Wang wishes he never bought the Isles.

I'm amazed that he allows Snow and Mike Milbury to do the damage they've done to his team for as long as they have and hurt the value of his investment.

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
Minnesota sent two 2nds (one of them was pick #43 from WPG) and Torrey Mitchell for Moulson.

Don't know if that was what Fletcher would've offered for Vanek. But if he offered that 2nd round pick (guaranteed) + Jason Zucker, I think that would've been a better return than what Snow got.

All speculation, though.

No different than in print or a tweet. The fact that Bob McKenzie is the one who said it should lend credibility, however.

If it's in the paper or internet then it's DEFINITELY true! :)

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
so if you don't like how i call it, it's drama? i think snow has sold out to make something of himself. it seems as though you are saying that's good for him. i say that i couldn't live that way. doesn't sound too dramatic to me. then again, your m.o. is to be aggressive and name call so i can't be surprised by your comments. it would seem to me that the way you come at people on this board that you are the one who craves the drama, toots :D

Haha....no I call drama making something out of nothing. You have never actually provided any evidence of what "moves" Snow is making that would make him a "sell out". You are kinda just name calling with no actual relevant facts.

I don't "come at" people on these boards. When I first joined I merely posted a simple comment about how I hope DP can rebound from his injuries and that he is a heart and soul Islander and I pretty much got gang ***** by a mob. The mods don't give a crap because they were hating on DP as well so they let it slide. So i decided if that's the way the boards ran I would give people the same respect they gave me. I tell it how I see it, that's all. Unlike you though, I do try to provide actual evidence of why I THINK that way.

MaryChristine*

Haha....no I call drama making something out of nothing. You have never actually provided any evidence of what "moves" Snow is making that would make him a "sell out". You are kinda just name calling with no actual relevant facts.

I don't "come at" people on these boards. When I first joined I merely posted a simple comment about how I hope DP can rebound from his injuries and that he is a heart and soul Islander and I pretty much got gang ***** by a mob. The mods don't give a crap because they were hating on DP as well so they let it slide. So i decided if that's the way the boards ran I would give people the same respect they gave me. I tell it how I see it, that's all. Unlike you though, I do try to provide actual evidence of why I THINK that way.

so if you don't like how i call it, it's drama? i think snow has sold out to make something of himself. it seems as though you are saying that's good for him. i say that i couldn't live that way. doesn't sound too dramatic to me. then again, your m.o. is to be aggressive and name call so i can't be surprised by your comments. it would seem to me that the way you come at people on this board that you are the one who craves the drama, toots :D

Now, Now Ladies...

Bronson

Apr 5, 2007
**** Charles Wang, the cheapest ********** in the league. If you don't plan on investing, then don't buy a ****ing hockey club. I'm not watching a single NHL game til this asshat has sold the club.

IHateSidney

Oct 30, 2011
NY
Good bye Vanek. Don't let the door hit you on the ass on the way out...but Snow ****ed even this up. Even my Dad couldn't believe it.

islandermaniac

Feb 27, 2002

you said that snow is likely feeling uncomfortable because of the situation he is in. in doing so, you've alluded to the fact that the situation is a crappy one. where is your evidence? where are your relevant facts?

i'm speculating that snow has set aside much of his self respect by continuing to act as wang's stooge. definite speculation, as garth has not submitted to my requests to psychoanalyze him. i won't know for sure what makes him tick until he does. my speculation, however, is not wild. i believe my theory to be reasonably sound.

and so people were nasty to you so you are nasty to others? that's some really nice second grade logic :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad