Vanek starting to play well....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eb0la11

Aug 28, 2004
Calgary
Well we all know you cant become a poster on these boards without being labelled a homer unless you never mention the play of one of your teams drafted players. Lets talk about Vanek here, this is a Vanek thread, Im eager to learn how this kid is playing, I traded Berard for him and Eriksson last year in a keeper league with which Erikssons already huge season last year has me looking to be a clear winner in that trade but the main reason for the trade in the first place was Vanek not Eriksson. I can only read so much about stats, can I get some meat?

CH Wizard

Moskau said:
Your so skilled you felt no shame in bringing Kostitsyn into another thread about Vanek.

I know I am skilled ;) but what this sentence suppose to mean ?

What shame ? Some persons are asking me why does Vanek is producing but not Kostitsyn right now.I told to the guy that Kost was still adapting and playing in the third and sometimes in the fourth line.

So , I just asked him which line Vanek was playing that's all.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ruckus007

where to?
May 27, 2003
Huntington, WV
Your Thomas Vanek update brought to you by a Sabre homer.

Goal (PP) and an assist tonight vs Utah.

Who am I kidding? I just want this flame war to keep going.

Ruckus007

where to?
May 27, 2003
Huntington, WV
JasonMacIsaac said:
Its pretty hard for a fan of the same team to see homerism in a certain poster. You may think the exact way as him.

Moskau and I disagree plenty.

I have my list of the balanced Sabre fans and I have my list of the blatant homers. Moskau isn't on the latter. He can be abrasive, but he lives in reality.

This Moskau love-in brought to you by a Sabres homer.

sabrefan27

Mar 9, 2004
Rochester, NY
From someone who watches many of his games, he is turning into a more complete player. Plays more defense, throws his weight around and is adapting to the AHL which in turn is leading to more goals. He's turning into that scoring winger the Amerks so desperately needed.

But I guess I must be biased too, I don't know.

MN_Gopher

May 2, 2002
Mpls
Visit site
Yeah but all of his goals are on the PP. Plus he is still to big. And he has more goals than assists. All this leads me to believe that if he would score more even strength goals, lose a few pounds and gain lightning speed, plus he must learn to pass more (must be a puck hog). Oh yeah i see he is only at an even plus minus, he must become a two way threat. And latley what 2 multiple point games then a dude followed one in each of the next two then another multy point game. Sounds inconsistant to me. I mean only 3 out of the last 6 games were multi point, then two misly one pointers, and a bagel. If he doesn'y completly change, and i mean even the name, he is a bust to me.

Reilly311

sabrefan27 said:
From someone who watches many of his games, he is turning into a more complete player. Plays more defense, throws his weight around and is adapting to the AHL which in turn is leading to more goals. He's turning into that scoring winger the Amerks so desperately needed.

But I guess I must be biased too, I don't know.

your avatar :bow:

Reilly311

JustynFoo said:
her arm though, thats disgusting....she looks like if she holds that pose for very long, her arm is gonna break

her arm is fine, it looks thin because the flower is in the way.

dancingtree

May 9, 2003
So-Cal
Visit site
Vanek had another goal and an assist tonight. He still looks lazy at times, but not as often as he did at the start of the AHL season. Since his early season drought, he has stepped it up and so has the entire Rochester team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad