Vanek starting to play well....

Status
Not open for further replies.

DW

May 3, 2003
MN
Visit site
This is the kind of start I was expecting from him. He has to change some of his poor habits to get playing time now. That was overlooked with the Gophers which needed the scoring threat on the ice. By the end of the season his #'s will be pretty good IMO.

Eb0la11

Aug 28, 2004
Calgary
Does anyone know if he is breaking his old habits and getting more ice which in turn leads to point scoring like this? Or is this just a couple good nights with not much ice time? I mean he'll get pp time almost no matter what down there... Hows he been playing? 13 points in 18 games looks good but with 6 in the last two its not that great for his standards

DownFromNJ

Mar 7, 2004
If he can manage to do it over a long period of time, I'll be convinced. Until then, I still think he'll bust.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
He needed a few pro games before tearing it up, nothing to be ashamed about. The AHL is a tough league to play in, especially this year.

Ruckus007

where to?
May 27, 2003
Huntington, WV
Had an assist and a shoot out goal tonight. When I saw him last week he was even fore- and backchecking. I think most Sabre fans realize that Vanek is going to be the kind of player that'll drive you absolutely nuts one night then put up three points the next. He's becoming increasingly important for Rochester.

CH Wizard

In which lines He's playing ? Kostitsyn is playing sometimes in the third or fourth line ! :shakehead

Ruckus007

where to?
May 27, 2003
Huntington, WV
thegreatone said:
In which lines He's playing ? Kostitsyn is playing sometimes in the third or fourth line ! :shakehead

He started the year with Derek Roy and Jason Pominville. He's since been teamed up with Chris Taylor and Norm Milley. It looks like he was with Taylor and Pominville last night.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
thegreatone said:
Your so skilled you felt no shame in bringing Kostitsyn into another thread about Vanek.

And I don't think Parise and vanek is a good matchup, Derek Roy and Parise is better. And Roy is the superior player.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Moskau said:
Your so skilled you felt no shame in bringing Kostitsyn into another thread about Vanek.

And I don't think Parise and vanek is a good matchup, Derek Roy and Parise is better. And Roy is the superior player.
Do you try to be a Homer or does it just squirt out?

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
JasonMacIsaac said:
I'm one of the biggest non homers here, unlike you.

"zach parise is better than Roy because New jersey drafted Parise" remember that argument?

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
JasonMacIsaac said:

You call others homers but you're the first one out there to compare all the devils prospects with players that were drafted higher in the same draft. Why did you have to come into a Vanek thread and pimp up Parise anyway ?

Vlad The Impaler

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
E = CH² said:
You call others homers but you're the first one out there to compare all the devils prospects with players that were drafted higher in the same draft. Why did you have to come into a Vanek thread and pimp up Parise anyway ?

Well, to be fair, there was a huge thread comparing the two recently. With quite a few spectacularly embarassing comments on it. Everytime I check out how Vanek is doing, I immediately think about Parise too and this accident of a thread.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
Vlad The Impaler said:
Well, to be fair, there was a huge thread comparing the two recently. With quite a few spectacularly embarassing comments on it. Everytime I check out how Vanek is doing, I immediately think about Parise too and this accident of a thread.

It's not the first time, he was comparing Suglobov with Perezhogin a year ago after Perezhogin slow AHL start and Suglobov hot one. And if I were to look up for others I'm sure I wouldn't look for long.

I don't know, I just think JM is not in the best position to call others homer. From what I've seen personally.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Moskau said:
I'm one of the biggest non homers here, unlike you.

"zach parise is better than Roy because New jersey drafted Parise" remember that argument?
You are by far the biggest Saber Homer on this site. To say you are unbiased is a joke that will keep me laughing for at least a minute.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
E = CH² said:
Most times a happy face means it is a joke. For anyone who posts at uscho you would know it is a friendly pick between Gophers and UND. I shouldn't expect people like you to be that smart though.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
E = CH² said:
It's not the first time, he was comparing Suglobov with Perezhogin a year ago after Perezhogin slow AHL start and Suglobov hot one. And if I were to look up for others I'm sure I wouldn't look for long.

I don't know, I just think JM is not in the best position to call others homer. From what I've seen personally.
I simple made a thread that asked who you would rather have. I even said myself that Perezhogin was the better player.

sabresfan65

Vegas HAS Hockey!!
Sponsor
May 23, 2004
Vegas
JasonMacIsaac said:
You are by far the biggest Saber Homer on this site. To say you are unbiased is a joke that will keep me laughing for at least a minute.

The word is:

SABRE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->