Proposal: Vanek maybe available

• Thread starter Bi Coastal Bawse*
  • Start date

Paddington

Mar 8, 2011
Toronto
he'll end up in Philly lol

Haha that was my initial reaction. They always want to be in on every trade.

As for the Bruins making a bid, like most people said, no available spots and no cap room. Therefore, there isn't even a need to get into trading chips.

I hope he goes west.

bb_fan

Feb 27, 2002
boston
Visit site
There is no such thing as being too deep and having too much talent. If you can afford it, you add a guy like this all the time. The problem is that they can't afford it in terms of cap space and cost to obtain.

Exactly.

If you could put him on the second line and drop Ericsonn to the third (or vice versa).... talk about a three line threat......

rkwittem

May 13, 2013
Fargo, ND
like many have already said....no cap space = no fit in Beantown. Pass, try dealing with the Wild. I know there are PLENTY of people in the Twin Cities who'd love to have Vanek.

slim399

May 1, 2002
Boston
Visit site
Kelly and Boychuck would have to be involved to even out the cap. Then we would have to add a first, spooner and another good prospect and it probably still wouldnt be enough

Too much going the other way, too big of a cap hit and we won't have the cap space next year to resign him. Team is looking solid. Only trade you make at this point is something that helps long term and too good to turn down.

fake british accent

Aug 11, 2006
www.exceptionalautobody.com
Kelly and Boychuck would have to be involved to even out the cap. Then we would have to add a first, spooner and another good prospect and it probably still wouldnt be enough

I'd at least consider this.

If the biggest piece off the roster that you're giving up is Boychuk in order to get a fairly regular 35-40 goalscorer who has proven he can light it up against a tough playoff team (the Bruins), why not?

I'm sure it won't happen but I wouldn't sleep on the chance to get Vanek for a cup run.

Daydreaming...

Lucic-Krejci-Vanek
Marchand-Bergeron-Iginla
Eriksson-Soderberg-Smith/Caron
Paille-Campbell-Thornton

Chara-Seidenberg
McQuaid-Hamilton
Krug-Bartkowski
Johnson

Rask
Second Johnson

Last edited:

hoss75

Nov 8, 2008
Cambridge, MA
It could be made to work but it would be a blockbuster trade with a lot of people moving around...ruin chemistry...nice to think about though...
Whenever the B's hit a lull this season we're all going to be complaining "Why didn't we get Vanek?"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad