Vancouver Sports Media

Status
Not open for further replies.

geebaan

7th round busted
Oct 27, 2012
I wouldn't be shocked if Aquilini "convinced" them to let go of the few people who were critical of the organization. They've already done a great job of getting the radio people to only give softball questions and let them deflect anything which might paint them in a bad light.

It’s just sad really. Feels a lot like fearless leader propaganda is coming in waves.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
I wouldn't be shocked if Aquilini "convinced" them to let go of the few people who were critical of the organization. They've already done a great job of getting the radio people to only give softball questions and let them deflect anything which might paint them in a bad light.

All of them should go to TSN 1040 and rip the organization if that's true. The station would have a surge in popularity most likely.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
All of them should go to TSN 1040 and rip the organization if that's true. The station would have a surge in popularity most likely.
In a narrow industry like they are in with only so many opportunities locally, one should not go around burning bridges.

Reactions: Nomobo

Archangel

Oct 15, 2011
Vancouver
Soon negative comments won’t be allowed

remember the Burke/Dracula fiasco? (Tony Gallagher is called either Dracula or the mortician). Local media has always been too cosy with the team. Up to the day Gillis got fired the media was polishing his man sack--the moment he got fired the knives came out

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Sounds like major changes at the Postmedia papers incoming. Maybe the long overdue merger of the Province/Sun into one newspaper. Any chance TSN 1040 hires Botch?

hellstick

Nov 2, 2006
Abbotsford
Sounds like Botch will be on TSN radio during the season on Mondays and Fridays. I heard that on the radio show, but who knows. I hope the Provies sticks around in some form. It's fun morning coffee reading material.

Kickpuncher

Nov 7, 2017
NYC/Vancouver
If Paterson and Botch are gone, I'm pretty much done with Vancouver sports personalities. No one else is even remotely interesting. I'll stick to CA and The Athletic.

I watched maybe 5-10 Canucks games last season, tops, because of how absolutely **** this team was. I read all 82 Provies. I'll leave it at that.

Huggy43

Jan 13, 2016
Burnaby, BC
1040 should really look into grabbing JPat & Botch to shake the rotation up & trim the fat.

JPat/Botch for the Mornings
Halford/Brough for the mid day
Sekeres/Price for the commute home

My preferred line up.

Samzilla

Prust & Dorsett are
Apr 2, 2011
Is Karen Surman a temporary host or full time? She's so much better than Bro Jake...and Pratt too.

MoeLemay14

Feb 19, 2015
Is it just me, or is everyone missing the fact that Paterson (and Botch) has a (so-called) “radio” show, which is popular and well received, and BOTH local sports stations are in need of hosts to fill their morning slots? Not a huge leap to think those guys could be jumping to FT radio gigs, BECAUSE THEY WANT TO, rather than just stay and chil, hanging out in the burning building that is print media these days....

Feb 24, 2017
Care to add anything of actual substance to the conversation?

What is the line up you want to see?
I dunno. I feel like halford and brough already have the slapping dicks market cornered for 1040
Don’t need to add jpat and botch to that

Feb 24, 2017
Care to add anything of actual substance to the conversation?

What is the line up you want to see?
I’d maybe like classic Pratt and Taylor back
Price and sekeres are fine
Halford and brough for the slapping dicks
Moj and botch?
Patterson can do a one man night time gig

MoeLemay14

Feb 19, 2015
Halford and brough for the slapping dicks

Apologies for my ignorance, but I don’t think I get this part... Who’s dicks are being slapped, and who is doing said slapping, and is it a positive or negative process, both for those involved, and for listeners?

pgj98m3

Jan 8, 2012
Apologies for my ignorance, but I don’t think I get this part... Who’s dicks are being slapped, and who is doing said slapping, and is it a positive or negative process, both for those involved, and for listeners?
Depends on your tastes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad