GDT: Vancouver Hughes @ Colorado Makars | 8pm MT | Emergency No Effort GDT

AegonLeConqueror

Jan 4, 2018
It's very obvious that Makar is just on a different level when it comes to defensemen.

Hughes is amazingly good especially offensively, but Makar is just better.

There was a shift in the 3rd period where Petterson stole the puck from Makar, Makar proceeded to hit Petterson 3 times steals the puck and made sure nothing came off his turnover.

Then a shift or two later he makes the unreal poke and breakaway goal to ice the game. These are plays that only he makes.
I remember seeing this and being kind of surprised to see Makar kind of "retaliate" (for lack of a better word). It looked like Pettersson was trying to kind of punk Makar and catch him off guard with some physicality and Cale kinda just went:

1700769308819.png

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
Showed the video of the Manson major to a coworker who doesn’t even watch sports but does know a little about hockey cause her kids do (really just wanted to show her Manson mocking him). She literally said ‘why is that a penalty, the Canuck player bumps himself into the other guy standing there then flops his head back?’

Also told me he should ‘win an Oscar for that performance’. Even regular people can tell it didn’t make sense

The funny thing is, even the refs knew it was a mistake because they suddenly found 2 penalties for the Nucks during that 5 minutes and negated almost all of the major.

niwotsblessing

May 1, 2010
City of Holy Faith
It really was unbelievable. Boeser was the one who initiated the contact and tried to crosscheck Manson in the midsection in the first place. Just typical front of the net stuff, no big deal. But he's hunched over, short, and skates into Manson's stick -- who's literally just holding it at the height of his own chest and not even looking at the dude. And whoopsy, look at that, down goes Boeser from a brutal headshot! Blood all over, as Nucks fans are whinging about, but in a miraculous recovery Boeser doesn't even need to go to concussion protocol for the supposedly brutal bloody headshot that sent him flailing to the ice. He instead pops right back up and starts yapping from the penalty box.

5 minutes to Josh Manson for being tall and standing in place.
That's another thing- if a guy is getting tossed from the game for a forecheck to the kisser, the recipient needs to go into protocol. No discussion.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
I don't understand the hate towards Johnson. Since the moment he was separated from Manson, he started playing like the Johnson from last year. Simple, knows his limitations, and gets the job done. This Jones - Johnson pairing looks pretty good to me.
Yah Jack Johnson sucks.

The Avs got pissed off after Manson was wrongly tossed from the game and put a beatdown on the Nuck.

And speaking of Manson getting tossed, that was some Grade A, prime bullshit by the refs and the league. Fvcking hell!
Thats probably the worse ejection I have ever seen.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
It's very obvious that Makar is just on a different level when it comes to defensemen.

Hughes is amazingly good especially offensively, but Makar is just better.

There was a shift in the 3rd period where Petterson stole the puck from Makar, Makar proceeded to hit Petterson 3 times steals the puck and made sure nothing came off his turnover.

Then a shift or two later he makes the unreal poke and breakaway goal to ice the game. These are plays that only he makes.
Speaking of stealing pucks. Whats with the Avs dman brain turning to shit in the final minutes of periods? Happened in Nashville and it cost and it happened last night in the first period and nearly cost when Toews coughed it up. Joshua had 2 chances to score afterwards. They have to be way more focused end of periods its happened a bunch of times this season. I think the first time I noticed it was against LA when Byfield scored.

It really was unbelievable. Boeser was the one who initiated the contact and tried to crosscheck Manson in the midsection in the first place. Just typical front of the net stuff, no big deal. But he's hunched over, short, and skates into Manson's stick -- who's literally just holding it at the height of his own chest and not even looking at the dude. And whoopsy, look at that, down goes Boeser from a brutal headshot! Blood all over, as Nucks fans are whinging about, but in a miraculous recovery Boeser doesn't even need to go to concussion protocol for the supposedly brutal bloody headshot that sent him flailing to the ice. He instead pops right back up and starts yapping from the penalty box.

5 minutes to Josh Manson for being tall and standing in place.
I hope Brock Boeser is alive today after that vicious assault.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
Despite that second goal being shitty George was tremendous tonight. Didnt like his reaction to shooting Bo in the nuts though. Could do without that but maybe he just doesnt like Bo.
I've played in front of goalies who hold you accountable when you seriously ef up.

And I have the scars to prove it.... LOL

AvsMakar08

Feb 14, 2017
New York
RyJo is a playoff kind of player when looking at his stats. Some players are like that, they just come out to play in playoffs and don't want to be really bothered during regular season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad