GDT: Vancouver Hughes @ Colorado Makars | 8pm MT | Emergency No Effort GDT

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Reading through the nucks game thread is a good reminder why they are one of the worse fan bases on here. Delusional on a bunch of stuff.

One poster saying Hughes had a better game than Makar and Makar is surrounded by better players and Hughes has to do everything by himself......as if Cales goal wasnt him literally doing it all by himself lol f***in hilarious.

With the Avs W, I can now actually enjoy what truly makes me happy as a hockey fan, reading the Oilers PGT after a loss.
This has been a great night of hockey compared to the other night. Oilers lose, Avs win, Nucks lose. Go read Nucks PGT aswell after the Oilers PGT. Equally as funny for different reasons.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
I think Cale Makar lives for the big head-to-head matchups. Dude absolutely loves that part of the game.

The best he’s ever been was against McDavid in the cup run, and Josi/Hedman in that run as well. When he goes up against guys like Fox and Hughes when those guys are humming he’s often at his best too.
Two things are going to slow Cale Makar down this season.

1. Injury obviously
2, Quinn Hughes slowing down.

Makar wont say it but I guarantee he wants to beat all other dman in points. Reminds me of McDavid last season after a whole off season of Matthews might be better yada yada yada and then Connor comes back and posts what 65 goals and 150 points? Feels like Makar is taking my comments on Hughes being the MVP personal.

Mr Zappalanche

Oct 7, 2015
Zagreb, Croatia
The Avs got better after Manson was off the ice. Avs played well defensively without Manson and Girard tonight. If they can somehow get rid of Jack Johnson they might make the playoffs.

I don't understand the hate towards Johnson. Since the moment he was separated from Manson, he started playing like the Johnson from last year. Simple, knows his limitations, and gets the job done. This Jones - Johnson pairing looks pretty good to me.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
Reading through the nucks game thread is a good reminder why they are one of the worse fan bases on here. Delusional on a bunch of stuff.

One poster saying Hughes had a better game than Makar and Makar is surrounded by better players and Hughes has to do everything by himself......as if Cales goal wasnt him literally doing it all by himself lol f***in hilarious.

This has been a great night of hockey compared to the other night. Oilers lose, Avs win, Nucks lose. Go read Nucks PGT aswell after the Oilers PGT. Equally as funny for different reasons.
If only Hughes had some of the NHL's top scorers on his team. He'd probably rack up assists on the powerplay

niwotsblessing

May 1, 2010
City of Holy Faith
The Avs got better after Manson was off the ice. Avs played well defensively without Manson and Girard tonight. If they can somehow get rid of Jack Johnson they might make the playoffs.
The Avs got pissed off after Manson was wrongly tossed from the game and put a beatdown on the Nuck.

And speaking of Manson getting tossed, that was some Grade A, prime bullshit by the refs and the league. Fvcking hell!

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
It's very obvious that Makar is just on a different level when it comes to defensemen.

Hughes is amazingly good especially offensively, but Makar is just better.

There was a shift in the 3rd period where Petterson stole the puck from Makar, Makar proceeded to hit Petterson 3 times steals the puck and made sure nothing came off his turnover.

Then a shift or two later he makes the unreal poke and breakaway goal to ice the game. These are plays that only he makes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad