GDT: Vancouver @ Dallas 5:30 SNET

Status
Not open for further replies.

KeninsFan

Fire Benning already
Feb 6, 2012
Is there any kind of petition that can be made to make that happen every Halloween? That would make me so happy.

The NBA does seasonal/holiday jerseys (Xmas/retro nights) so I don't see why the NHL doesn't jump on that bandwagon.

Intangibos

High-End Intangibos
Apr 5, 2010
Burnaby
That was also my recollection. Could be wrong, though.

And yeah, maybe this is the year we finally start beating Dallas again.

It's probably because we had their number during our dominant years, and in the few years since then we've been annihilated by them repeatedly regardless of who was in goal.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Dallas is a good offensive team that will expose are weak d

6-2 stars is my predy

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Can't wait to see Gaunce! Plus, Millertime:

I thought it was Arizona not phoenix any more :)

Good to see Gaunce in but would of liked bartchi out and Crackers in he played good for us

Ozone

Jan 19, 2013
Stars Projected lineup:
Jamie Benn – Cody Eakin – Tyler Seguin

Valeri Nichushkin – Jason Spezza – Patrick Sharp

Antoine Roussel – Vernon Fiddler – Colton Sceviour

Mattias Janmark – Radek Faksa – Ales Hemsky

Alex Goligoski – John Klingberg

Johnny Oduya – Jason Demers

Jyrki Jokipakka – Jordie Benn

Antti Niemi

Kari Lehtonen

Scratched: Patrik Nemeth, Jamie Oleksiak

Injured: Patrick Eaves (lower body), Travis Moen (upper body), Curtis McKenzie (hip)
http://stars.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=785433&cmpid=rss-stepneski&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Drop the Sopel

May 4, 2007
calgary
Does anyone know the last time we dressed 3 rookie forwards in a game?

5 rookie/sophomore forwards dressed with Ben Hutton playing close to 20 minutes on the backend?

No youth movement my ass.

Ozone

Jan 19, 2013

mhP4c7p.gif

KeninsFan

Fire Benning already
Feb 6, 2012
Why would you care what Stars fans think?

They're an irrelevant fanbase

One of (if not the best) dynamic duos with Seguin and Benn, a former superstar who played in a Canadian market in Spezza and an up and coming #1 D in John Klingberg and yet so...meh

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
Does anyone know the last time we dressed 3 rookie forwards in a game?

5 rookie/sophomore forwards dressed with Ben Hutton playing close to 20 minutes on the backend?

No youth movement my ass.

Good forward rookies? Probably Burrows, Kes and Hansen back in 2006 maybe? Bad rookies filling in for injuries? I'm sure we had some combo of Oreskovich, Bolduc, Desbiens, Shirokov back in 2010-11.

Not trying to be a downer but you know that two of those rookies are only in because Higgins and Prust are injured right? Not really a youth movement when callups are filling in for injuries. Better than calling up Vey or Jones though, that's for sure.

Intangibos

High-End Intangibos
Apr 5, 2010
Burnaby
Good forward rookies? Probably Burrows, Kes and Hansen back in 2006 maybe? Bad rookies filling in for injuries? I'm sure we had some combo of Oreskovich, Bolduc, Desbiens, Shirokov back in 2010-11.

Not trying to be a downer but you know that two of those rookies are only in because Higgins and Prust are injured right? Not really a youth movement when callups are filling in for injuries. Better than calling up Vey or Jones though, that's for sure.

I liked Shirokov =[

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
From the Site Rules:

...We do not permit any forums to be used to demean/insult the fans of other teams. This is viewed as generalized flaming. ...

...When visiting the team forums, please note that these are fan forums for that team and are here mainly for the enjoyment of that team's fans. Do not visit team forums to cheer against nor demean their team. In other words, if you want to cheer for the Habs and criticize the Bruins, do it on the Habs board. And if someone is doing the opposite on the Bruins board, don't start flaming them to defend the honor of your team. Either ignore it or respectfully disagree and move on. Copying posts from one HFBoard forum to another for this purpose is considered trolling/flaming as well....

Let's make that the end of any remarks about other fanbases/GDTs, please.

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
Gillis can't draft my ass.

To be fair - and I've been critical of Gillis' drafting - the emergence of Hutton this year was quite unexpected and certainly changes the legacy of Gillis' drafting. 2008-2011 remains a barren wasteland, esp. with the continued stagnation of Jensen and regression of Corrado the last two years.

That said ...

2012 and 2013 are looking VERY good for Gillis and Crawford. Gaunce is close enough now that he looks like a near-lock to be a solid bottom 6 player, Hutton is just a revelation. Then with Horvat, Shink (still a bit of a question mark but looking better this year), Cassels, and Subban from 2013 the final two years of Gillis' tenure is suddenly looking quite positive.

That's a potential swing of 1 NHLer in his first 4 drafts (and a disappointing one considering we took him 10th OA) to potentially 6 in his final 2 drafts. As the 2012 and 2013 drafts have had more time to show their strength, it certainly changes how I view Gillis' drafting (i.e. much more positive now).

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
Not to mention his ability to sign undrafted guys like Tanev, Lack and Kennis. Right there you have a legit top pairing guy, a starting goalie and really good bottom 6 forward.

StrictlyCommercial

Oct 28, 2006
Vancouver
Hutton's emergence isn't that unexpected at all. It's earlier than expected. I feel like a lot of us who watched him projected him as a top 4 offensive D. Just figured he would need a year or two in the A to get his defense up to a pro level.

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
Hutton's emergence isn't that unexpected at all. It's earlier than expected. I feel like a lot of us who watched him projected him as a top 4 offensive D. Just figured he would need a year or two in the A to get his defense up to a pro level.

It's earlier yes, but also much better than I expected. He looks like he has top pairing potential now, based on how well and how quickly he has adapted. I don't recall anyone on this board touting him as *that* good of a prospect. I'm not going to look it up but if I reviewed the voting on the Canucks best prospect polls I don't think i'd see more than a handful of votes putting him ahead of Virtanen, McCann, Demko, and Shinkaruk. If anyone did see this, then my hat off to them because it's quite a surprise to me.

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
Not to mention his ability to sign undrafted guys like Tanev, Lack and Kennis. Right there you have a legit top pairing guy, a starting goalie and really good bottom 6 forward.

No one has ever disputed his ability to spot 22 undrafted year free agents. It was always about his (or his scouts) ability to draft and develop 18 year kids out of the amateur draft. Lumping them together to prop up Gillis' overall record isn't useful in an evaluation of his drafting. There was nothing stopping him from doing better at the draft and still being good at identifying UFAs. We'd be much further ahead if the changes made in 2013 had been made in 2008 or 2009.

Anyway, that's neither here nor there. I'm happy to see his final two drafts yielding some NHL talent at least, so my opinion of him has improved recently in that regard.

BROCK HUGHES

Jun 3, 2006
Victoria bc/red deer alberta
I am lost with Baertschi,i don't see him staying long with the Canucks this year.He has been a huge disappointment.How much longer are we going to wait for this guy to show something in the way of goal scoring?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad