GDT: Vancouver @ Dallas 5:30 SNET

Status
Not open for further replies.

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
What's the record for most consecutive goalie starts in a row? I want to break that record. And I want Cannatta to keep getting games on the farm.

Nick Lang

May 14, 2015
What's the record for most consecutive goalie starts in a row? I want to break that record. And I want Cannatta to keep getting games on the farm.

Glenn Hall managed to play 502 consecutive complete games, which spanned eight seasons, an NHL record for goaltenders that is unlikely to ever be broken.

iceburg

Don't ask why
Aug 31, 2003
Sedin - Sedin - Vrbata
Bae - Horvat - Hansen
Burrows - Sutter - Virtanen
Guance - McCann - Dorsett

Average age of lines 2 thru 4: 24.333

I'd say that's a full on youth movement and I like it.

Burrows increases the average age by over a full year!!

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
Starting a 35 year old like 10 straight is pretty dangerous too imo

With potentially a second back to back for Miller

This feels like Torts with the twins. It worked wonders at first but how could not see that eventually it's going to blow up in our faces.

The last time people questioned WDs decision to play Miller he got a shut out.

While it worked that time, it's simply not good practice to play such a veteran goalie this much.

alicia

~
Apr 11, 2011
Vancouver, B.C
I really feel like this Canucks team is building some of that swagger that the 2011 team had. I mean it's the young guys leading the charge this time, but that's even more exciting because when our vets get cycling this team is going to be really really good

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
Is Hamhuis still out? And does anyone know if Biega is drawing in? Thanks

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Glenn Hall managed to play 502 consecutive complete games, which spanned eight seasons, an NHL record for goaltenders that is unlikely to ever be broken.

An amazing keeper. Used to slide across the crease in what is now called the butterfly position to stop cross ice attempts. (Tretiak, with the Russian team, later had it down even better.) My room mate, defensive stalwart in the Bobby Orr mold, and I used to refer to it, as the "Glenn Hall move". I worked on it for years, but could never get both legs to go flat along the goal line at the same time so I worked on just laying down the leg to the post I was traveling to. Worked pretty darned good. Oh to have been able to get them both down.

I could do a full split, but the two pads straight out to the sides would have been quicker and more effective. Leaves your upper body erect and both arms and hands free. The split left you very vulnerable on shots going back where you came from, thus the flop, roll.

Oh, the memories this all brings back.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Sedin - Sedin - Vrbata
Bae - Horvat - Hansen
Burrows - Sutter - Virtanen
Guance - McCann - Dorsett

Average age of lines 2 thru 4: 24.333

I'd say that's a full on youth movement and I like it.

Burrows increases the average age by over a full year!!

This makes me happy.

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
This is the first NHL game where Bo and Nich have faced each other, right?

Now that's gonna be fun to watch.

Nick Lang

May 14, 2015
An amazing keeper. Used to slide across the crease in what is now called the butterfly position to stop cross ice attempts. (Tretiak, with the Russian team, later had it down even better.) My room mate, defensive stalwart in the Bobby Orr mold, and I used to refer to it, as the "Glenn Hall move". I worked on it for years, but could never get both legs to go flat along the goal line at the same time so I worked on just laying down the leg to the post I was traveling to. Worked pretty darned good. Oh to have been able to get them both down.

I could do a full split, but the two pads straight out to the sides would have been quicker and more effective. Leaves your upper body erect and both arms and hands free. The split left you very vulnerable on shots going back where you came from, thus the flop, roll.

Oh, the memories this all brings back.

Yeah that was a sliding stack pad save for the ages.

VC

Feb 28, 2002
Vancouver Island
Visit site
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノPRAISE THE HALLOWEEN JERSEYS!ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
mclean.jpg

[/CENTER]

Is there any kind of petition that can be made to make that happen every Halloween? That would make me so happy.

Intangibos

High-End Intangibos
Apr 5, 2010
Burnaby
Really like the lineup, thanks Willie. Well up front, anyway. Bartkowski should be sitting for Biega.

Yay it's Niemi. Lehtonen always looks like a Roy/Hasek hybrid everytime we play him.

Really? I always felt that Lehtonen was Let-one-in against us and every time we played against Dallas' backups we couldn't buy a goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad