Rumor: Vancouver & Chicago have asked about Alex Turcotte

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Nucks management is disaster and has already done dumb moves
Their thinking right now is that they need to win to convince Petey to extend once his deal is up in 2024 and he'd be a year out from ufa in 2025. Basically, the Matt Tkachuck situation from 2022.
Even Hughes has indicated that he doesn't want a 3-4 year rebuild on the remaining 4 years of his contract. He'd be gone by then. Same with Demko who has 3 years left on his deal.

They have these 3 high end talents, but a bunch of either nothing or higher paid guys who aren't performing to the level of their contracts.

Things will crumble for their plans a year from now, if Petey follows Tkachuck and says he doesn't want to extend with them.

That's kind of why they are pushing their chips in.

But, I think this team is too messed up from Benning and owner Aquillini to be fixed in the near term. That needed to have happened once JR took over and started to move guys out. That decision to run it back with Benning and Green in 2021, and thus the OEL deal, IMO will lead to Petey asking out when they miss the PO again next season.

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
Pretty sure that means you get one or the other, not both.
No way . She is my spirit animal
1677863645060.png

Reactions: kinghock

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
I mean, other teams can inquire. I am sure they did their due diligence to see if he could be had for a 3rd or something. In the end, unless he is packaged with a 1st and other asset for an upgrade somewhere in our lineup, I doubt the Kings will take any lowball return for him. At this point, there is no downside to waiting him out and seeing if he can stay healthy.

The skill/talent is easily there if you watch him and he has had good streaks in the AHL where he looks fantastic, but it seems like every time he gets rolling he gets bulldozed by someone and now any little thing will send him to the concussion room.

It's sad but he still could be 2nd-line center or a crazy bottom 6'er if he is able to find a way to play his game and stay healthy in the NHL.

Sinbad

Jun 22, 2018
Parts Unknown
To Chicago:
:hawks
-Alex Turcotte
-Cal Petersen

To LA:
:kings
-Alex Vlasic/Nolan Allan
-Alex Stalock
This is absolutely horrible for the Hawks.

If Petersen with his contract is part of the deal, then Turcotte is the potential reward the Hawks should get for taking it.

Going back to LA should be our old friend future considerations. I’m sure as hell not giving them Allan, Vlasic or any other young prospect.

Reactions: HawksDub89

kinghock

Feb 1, 2011
Mahwah,NJ
Yeah, obviously the draft pedigree says otherwise - but these are pretty much equivalent prospects.
It just Kings have no need for Rathbone and will not trade Turcotte for not needed assets.
If Rathbone was bigger and physical it will be different case.

LuLover96

Feb 28, 2017
Rathbone for Turcotte?
I was going to suggest the same thing. Two players who can't stop getting injured with high potential, but in better areas of need for their respective clubs. We need a C prospect to compete with Raty, and Kings are good everywhere but LD. Given what the management has done so far, I don't see this being for Demko.

Kings do have cap space, but I don't see them wanting a middle six winger ala Boeser or Garland.

HawksDub89

Apr 17, 2019
I mean, other teams can inquire. I am sure they did their due diligence to see if he could be had for a 3rd or something. In the end, unless he is packaged with a 1st and other asset for an upgrade somewhere in our lineup, I doubt the Kings will take any lowball return for him. At this point, there is no downside to waiting him out and seeing if he can stay healthy.

The skill/talent is easily there if you watch him and he has had good streaks in the AHL where he looks fantastic, but it seems like every time he gets rolling he gets bulldozed by someone and now any little thing will send him to the concussion room.

It's sad but he still could be 2nd-line center or a crazy bottom 6'er if he is able to find a way to play his game and stay healthy in the NHL.
Yeah I’m guessing he stays then. No team is giving up a 1st for a relatively unproductive player with multiple concussions and injury issues.

I hope it works out for him though. If he hits his ceiling he could still be a really good 2/3 C

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
I wonder if JT Miller is a target for LA? They could move Byfield back to 3C and play Miller with Kopitar and Kempe. Not entirely sure how the salary would all work out but crazier things have happened.

Reactions: JKG33

Gjwrams

A Know Nothing Fool
Mar 4, 2019
Turcotte just can't stay healthy. Once he starts to get going, he takes a bonk to the head. If healthy, I think he can be a real feisty middle-six, but it just hasn't happened.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad