GDT: Vancouver Canucks vs. Philadelphia Flyers | 7:00PM PST | SNET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Indiana

Mar 17, 2008
Canada
I was done with Green after last year, I don't know how many more chances he needs. Philadelphia has one of the worst defenses in the league, with one of the worst goaltending tandems in the league, playing vintage Alain Vigneault sit-on-a-lead-and-ice-it hockey, when they're the ROAD TEAM ON A BACK-TO-BACK, and we can't get more than one goal?? It's not enough. Dropping back to back games at home, in front of some of the most hype crowds this stupid city has ever assembled, scoring 3 goals total, and you can't even say they deserved more. It's NOT ENOUGH
To be fair:

They got a good team over there.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
The bottom 6 could look better if TG simply split Pearson up with Bo
I would like to see a 3rd line of Pearson Dickinson and Pod when healthy

But it’s still on offensive black hole. The top 6 the last couple of years isn’t the issue (it’s decent enough). The bottom six has been by far the worst in hockey. I don’t think it’s really any better mainly because the remaining centers in the organization just can’t do offense. It’s neuters any improvements there may be on the wing. It’s some sort of consistent production from the bottom of the lineup that will propel the team forward.

To compensate Green tries to put Miller at center but IMO Miller is a poor fit at center. Too careless. He’s a winger through and through.

now of course the top of the lineup needs to be better as well but this isn’t McDavid and Draisatl thing. Even if the top 6 is flying they don’t have the defensive chops and the bottom 6 barely has any chops whatsoever. We’ve seen what one of the best top 6 production in the league provides…because that is what we’ve been witnessing the last few seasons.

I simply don’t feel they really addressed much of anything this off-season in the end…on paper and the ice. I hope they prove me wrong.

Reactions: mossey3535

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Not sure what you all expected. Everyone knows that the second game of a home stand is always a killer.

Yep. You’re over the jet lag but now you have to do the grocery shopping and have to figure out what bottle of wine to pick up after the game for the dinner party tomorrow. Very hard to concentrate.

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
Oilers, Flyers, and Wild all have huge warts on their teams and IMO are bottom-bracket playoff teams if that.

We haven't played a good team yet. Think about that.

Next teams aren't that good either. Normally that would be an ideal scenario since they basically need to run the table or at least win the vast majority with this early season hole they've already dug.

But with their performance so far being "same old, same old" if not worse (where's the early season surge that wears off?), I'm not very confident right now.

Hopefully EP continues to get back on track but crazy how Hughes can step right in and EP looks like he is still on the beach most days.

Goaltending is already playing pretty well. Other than EP finding his form, what's going to bring us out of the doldrums? Green's coaching? Very unlikely.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
the defence is playing ok and the defensive play is good enough. halak was bad on those goals but he only let in two.

i get that this is an adjustment to the forwards actually playing defence as well as offence, but it is still weak sauce

the forwards are presently not strong enough to initiate a push in their own building or bear down on the powerplay. all they can do is keep playing until it kind of happens naturally or there is a broken play to jump on. when it does happen they are doing all kinds of goofy no confidence stuff. boeser in the third shooting with no advantage instead of making that tap in pass or at least changing the angle would be an example.

green has mixed and matched i think pretty well. he just has no dangerous lines to work with. the fourth line is almost ok and could be an energy line without chiasson. the rest is ass.

most of the top six are playing like ass, by which i mean horvat and boeser are a little off, and petey and miller need to be benched, and petey may need an intervention. horvat is playing well in fits and spurts. boeser is trying hard but not able to play physically at all for some reason but i think he will get rewarded. garland was great but now two invisible games. pearson is grinding it out being pearson. hoglander has been dragged down a bit by the other guys.

playing chiasson is admitting you don't have a full nhl forward lineup. there is a piece of his hockey missing.

sucks to be podz right now. i actually think he needs sheltering from his own team more than the opposition.

brutal home stand.

Brock Boeser Laser Show

Sep 27, 2017
The only positive aspect on this roster is our goaltending, Demko and Halak are a very good one-two punch.
I love Demko but I’d rather have shit goaltending.

Coaching and management have been using the goalies to shield them from the piss poor jobs they’ve done. If we had bad or average goaltending there wouldn’t be anywhere to hide and even a stupid owner like Aqua would realize changes need to be made.

thekernel

Apr 11, 2011
no but it would be more interesting
You already forgot how terrible 2013 was? That was an utter black hole of fun and entertaining hockey.

Torts is >>>>>>>than Green
Remember when Torts missed the playoffs with us, and then next year we made it with Willie Desjardins?

Never forget how sh***y Tortorella was. Actually the worst coach we've had since Mike Keenan

WishfulThinker

Jun 10, 2021
Bad coaching, bad Pettersson. Team throwing away the easiest points they have been offered in a long time.

Just life as a Canucks fan.

I would think another listless loss would mean we can finally see a change, but I have a feeling Demko will save Green's ass one more time.

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
Oilers, Flyers, and Wild all have huge warts on their teams and IMO are bottom-bracket playoff teams if that.

We haven't played a good team yet. Think about that.

Next teams aren't that good either. Normally that would be an ideal scenario since they basically need to run the table or at least win the vast majority with this early season hole they've already dug.

But with their performance so far being "same old, same old" if not worse (where's the early season surge that wears off?), I'm not very confident right now.

Hopefully EP continues to get back on track but crazy how Hughes can step right in and EP looks like he is still on the beach most days.

Goaltending is already playing pretty well. Other than EP finding his form, what's going to bring us out of the doldrums? Green's coaching? Very unlikely.

A coaching change would help. The way this team is constructed though, at best, it's a team that just sneaks into the playoffs. With Green coaching, it's a team that misses the playoffs rather easily.

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
You already forgot how terrible 2013 was? That was an utter black hole of fun and entertaining hockey.

Remember when Torts missed the playoffs with us, and then next year we made it with Willie Desjardins?

Never forget how shitty Tortorella was. Actually the worst coach we've had since Mike Keenan

Idk torts trying to fight the flames was pretty good

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad