Shink
Colorado
Cass
Pedan
Hutton
Trymakin
Demko
Zhukarov

Coronado probably has the least upside, but is the most NHL ready.
All of the rest, except Cassels, could have top end up sides, but are also boom or busts as well. Demko is a G so really hard to decide where he fits.

CouverNucks

May 25, 2015
For #3 behind Virtanen and Mccann id have Boeser. Great shot plus already seems as far if not farther along as a prospect than most others on this list and its only his draft year.

CouverNucks

May 25, 2015
For #3 behind Virtanen and Mccann id have Boeser. Great shot plus already seems as far if not farther along as a prospect than most others on this list and its only his draft year.

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
That entire post was a train wreck. How can you spell the same name not one but two different incorrect ways.

seriously. You didn't get that was humor? Deal with point i was making rather than the obvious humor. The 3 spellings were so obviously .... never mind ...

Luck 6

\\_______
Oct 17, 2008
Vancouver
Going to go with Shinkaruk here. Slow start notwithstanding, he was a top prospect coming out of the 2013 draft and he put together a great second half last year that showed glimpses of what he can become. He's much more well rounded now, getting stronger, and I am fully confident he will have a big impact in 2015-16.

I really hope you're right.

I guess I'll go with Demko for the time being.

Ho Borvat

Sep 29, 2009
Man, anyone else find this prospect pool a bit depressing still? :laugh:

Voted for Cassels because he has progressed significantly since his draft year, and really like his development curve. Thing he can become a solid 3rd line center in a Brad Richardson mould.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Man, anyone else find this prospect pool a bit depressing still? :laugh:

Voted for Cassels because he has progressed significantly since his draft year, and really like his development curve. Thing he can become a solid 3rd line center in a Brad Richardson mould.

I don't know about "depressing", it's come a long way in the last few years and would look a lot better if Bo was still part of the equation...but yeah, these sort of polls kind of highlight how far we are from "rebuilt". Long ways to go still. A lot more Virtanens, McCanns, Boesers, Demkos and Cassels to add to the pool (and at least a couple high end bluechippers), before our rebuild is really ready to turn the corner i'd say.

Ho Borvat

Sep 29, 2009
I don't know about "depressing", it's come a long way in the last few years and would look a lot better if Bo was still part of the equation...but yeah, these sort of polls kind of highlight how far we are from "rebuilt". Long ways to go still. A lot more Virtanens, McCanns, Boesers, Demkos and Cassels to add to the pool (and at least a couple high end bluechippers), before our rebuild is really ready to turn the corner i'd say.

I think we have a really good group of "depth"/secondary prospects... But its all going to be moot unless we can draft 1-2 franchise type players (which likely means we need 2 picks at least in the top-5) if we want to turn this group into one that can contend.

Agreed this pool has inproved tremendously. Its just we really probably won't go anywhere unless we can add a Stamkos/Hedman, Doughty/Kopitar, Toews/Keith caliber duo, you know? We lack guys who project as franchise players

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad