Prospect Info: Vancouver Canucks Top 25 Prospects 2015 - #20

Aug 3, 2005
Vancouver & OK Falls
Saunter for me. At this point it's all just stupid luck really.

Captain of his team, hard worker.

His name is Sautner, pronounced SOTner . . .

I agree he's a good pick at this late stage of the prospect rankings. His combination
of points and plus-minus excellence, along with leadership, would seem to give him
an outside shot at a pro career.

The other D who deserves support on the list is Carl Neill, who has good size and
quite decent skills. He could be a sleeper.

I voted for McEneny because he seems pro-ready right now, and he's bigger than Sautner,
who looks smaller on the ice than his size stats would indicate. Actually ranking these guys with
confidence seems impossible to me.

ihaveyuidonttouchme

MrShiftbyShiftGuy
Feb 21, 2009
Vancouver
www.youtube.com
His name is Sautner, pronounced SOTner . . .

I agree he's a good pick at this late stage of the prospect rankings. His combination
of points and plus-minus excellence, along with leadership, would seem to give him
an outside shot at a pro career.

The other D who deserves support on the list is Carl Neill, who has good size and
quite decent skills. He could be a sleeper.

I voted for McEneny because he seems pro-ready right now, and he's bigger than Sautner,
who looks smaller on the ice than his size stats would indicate. Actually ranking these guys with
confidence seems impossible to me.

i think McEnemy uses his size effectively...not as in crushing meany Stewart way but he can be agreesive along the boards and up front like Tanev/Hamhuis and what have you (bad comparison?) i was pretty hard on him in that regard when he was with Kitchener...
but been better recently with KIngsont

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Daniel Rahimi was on the Swedish U20 team twice.

Randomly, Rahimi has become one of the best defenders in the SEL and has been named to the Swedish team at the last two World Championships.

There's been talk of NHL interest again and a return to North America. Washington was linked with him at one point last year.

looseneditforyou

Apr 30, 2011
Oh 2013 had some funny rankings...

1. Bo Horvat
2. Hunter Sinkaruk
3. Frankie Corrado
4. Nicklas Jensen
5. Brendan Gaunce
6. Jordan Schroeder
7. Eddie Lack
8. Joacim Eriksson
9. Alexandre Mallet
10. Ben Hutton
11. Henrik Tommernes
12. Peter Andersson
13. Ludwig Blomstrand
14. Patrick McNally
15. Joe Cannata
16. Jordan Subban
17. Darren Archibald
18. Cole Cassels
19. Evan McEneny
20. Joseph Labate
21. Kellan Lain
22. Anton Cederholm
23. Adam Polasek
24. Alexandre Grenier
25. Ronalds Kenins

2014:
1. Bo Horvat (0)
2. Jake Virtanen (N/A)
3. Hunter Sinkaruk (-1)
4. Nicklas Jensen (0)
5. Brendan Gaunce (0)
6. Jared McCann (N/A)
7. Frankie Corrado (-4)
8. Linden Vey (N/A)
9. Ben Hutton (+1)
10. Thatcher Demko (N/A)
11. Dane Fox (N/A)
12. Cole Cassels (+6)
13. Joacim Eriksson (-5)
14. Nikita Tryamkin (N/A)
15. Jordan Subban (+1)
16. Evan McEneny (+3)
17. Ronalds Kenins (+8)
18. Micheal Zalewski (N/A)
19. Gustav Forsling (N/A)
20. Alexandre Grenier (+4)
21. Anton Cederholm (+1)
22. Kellan Lain (-1)
23. Darren Archibald (-6)
24. Patrick McNally (-10)
25. Joseph Labate (-5)

Kenins up 17 ranks since 2013 :laugh:

Cole Cassels and Nick Jensen have switched spots in 2 years.

We're ranking players who will probably never make the league and who most of us have never even watched on television, basing our judgements on, at most, a couple of badly written articles by guys who might have watched a couple of Youtube videos of the players, maybe. People who really like a sport will uncritically parrot any crumb of information they hear or read about it just for the pleasure of doing so. No stage of the process has any relevance whatsoever to reality.

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007
Randomly, Rahimi has become one of the best defenders in the SEL and has been named to the Swedish team at the last two World Championships.

There's been talk of NHL interest again and a return to North America. Washington was linked with him at one point last year.

Yeah, I've kind of loosely kept track of him every now and again. What I was probably-not-very-clearly getting at was that the big, strong "good junior player" type D men with limited puck skills can look strong, but then often fall off once they hit the next level.
Even if they eventually establish themselves, it often takes long enough that any advantage of them having originated within your system is gone.

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
I chose Cederholm because he has played in the SHL and seems to have no problem playing a physical defensive game. I think he will impress.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Fox for sure. Has an intriguing skillset and had a good season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad