Vancouver Canucks Mid Season Prospect Rankings 1

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
I'll go Hutton first. He's the best guy on the list right now and still had the potential to be even better. Really high end offensive upside.

Probably will go McCann next

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
1) Hunter Shinkaruk
2) Thatcher Demko
3) Brock Boeser
4) Brendan Gaunce
5) Andrey Pedan
6) Jordan Subban
7) Alex Grenier
8) Michael Zalewski
9) Anton Rodin
10) Cole Cassels
11) Ronalds Kenins
12) Guillaume Brisebois
13) Dmitry Zhukenov
14) Nikita Tryamkin
15) Adam Gaudette
16) Lukas Jasek
17) Alex Friesen
18) Joe LaBate
19) Dane Fox
20) Ashton Sautner

I didn't include Hutton, McCann, Virtanen, or Horvat since they're NHL regulars.

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
It is a bit odd to include Hutton, McCann and Virtanen as prospects, but I understand the reasoning. Accepting that premise, I went with McCann. Hutton looks great, but he's three years older. That doesn't mean he can't still improve, but I'm betting on McCann gaining strength and fulfilling all that offensive promise.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
1) Thatcher Demko
2) Brock Boeser
3) Hunter Shinkaruk
4) Brendan Gaunce
5) Andrey Pedan
6) Jordan Subban
7) Michael Zalewski
8) Alex Grenier
9) Anton Rodin
10) Cole Cassels
11) Ronalds Kenins
12) Guillaume Brisebois
13) Nikita Tryamkin
14) Tate Olson
15) Adam Gaudette
16) Lukas Jasek
17) Alex Friesen
18) Joe LaBate
19) Dane Fox
20) Ashton Sautner

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Pickle Time Deli & Market
1) McCann
2) Hutton
3) Virtanen
4) Boeser
5) Demko
6) Shinkaruk
7) Pedan
8) Gaunce
9) Subban
10) Zawelski
11) Rodin
12) Grenier
13) Kenins
14) Cassels
15) Tryamkin
16) Olson
17) Brisbois
18) Neil
19) Gaudette
20) Jasek

Last edited:

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Shinkaruk over Demko and Boeser??

Yes. Shinkaruk has basically been a PPG player against pro's this year. As still one of the youngest players on his team (only Subban and Cassels are younger) he has an 8 point lead on the next highest scorer.

Demko and Boeser are newer so they're shinier, but right now I'd say Shinkaruk deserves to be ranked higher.

Tobi Wan Kenobi

May 25, 2011
Vancouver
Yes. Shinkaruk has basically been a PPG player against pro's this year. As still one of the youngest players on his team (only Subban and Cassels are younger) he has an 8 point lead on the next highest scorer.

Demko and Boeser are newer so they're shinier, but right now I'd say Shinkaruk deserves to be ranked higher.

Boeser is stronger along the boards and has an elite level shot. He's also a better passer imo. I don't see how Shinkaruk could be ahead of him in terms of their projections. Demko is probably the best goalie prospect in the world right now and he's still not yet a year recovered from his hip surgeries, which generally take that amount of time to heal. He'll just keep getting better. I'd probably even have Subban ahead of Shinkaruk at this point.

Boeser
Demko
Subban
Pedan
Shinkaruk
Zalewski
Gaunce

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Boeser is stronger along the boards and has an elite level shot. He's also a better passer imo. I don't see how Shinkaruk could be ahead of him in terms of their projections. Demko is probably the best goalie prospect in the world right now and he's still not yet a year recovered from his hip surgeries, which generally take that amount of time to heal. He'll just keep getting better. I'd probably even have Subban ahead of Shinkaruk at this point.

Boeser
Demko
Subban
Pedan
Shinkaruk
Zalewski
Gaunce

You even have Pedan ahead of Shinkaruk?

:laugh:

You're opinion, fine. I just can't take this serioiusly.

Lonny Bohonos

Apr 4, 2010
Middle East
It'll be a success if Shinkaruk has a top 6 NHL career at this point. You and Tony Gallagher are in a dream world when it comes to him.

Good ****ing grief man.

Shinkaruk is playing against men and doing well this year. Boeser is playing against lesser comp.

Boeser may very well have some better skills but hes yet to put those to the test at the pro level.

Its not like Boeser is some sort of high pick super star in the making and light years ahead of Shinkaruk or any other kid drafted in his range.

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Pickle Time Deli & Market
Look, I personally do not think Shinkaruk is a better prospect than Boeser.

But there can certainly be a case made.

He is the best prospect in Utica right now in my opinion.

Tobi Wan Kenobi

May 25, 2011
Vancouver
Good ****ing grief man.

Shinkaruk is playing against men and doing well this year. Boeser is playing against lesser comp.

Boeser may very well have some better skills but hes yet to put those to the test at the pro level.

Its not like Boeser is some sort of high pick super star in the making and light years ahead of Shinkaruk or any other kid drafted in his range.

Yeah it's pretty easy to see it. Just watch them play. Shinkaruk has serious holes in his game. Yeah it's great to get behind a player and be a "fan" but you have to look at it realistically. He's got a long ways to go. Our mangement wouldn't have tried to trade him or sent him down so early in training camp if they thought much of him. Temper your expectations of him

Tobi Wan Kenobi

May 25, 2011
Vancouver
Okay?

I would suggest that Shinkaruk could have top line potential as well. He's a PPG player in the AHL at the age of 20/21.

Why are you saying 20? Go ask that in the Utica thread with fans who watch every game if they think Shinkaruk will be a top line player. I'm not the only one with this opinion.

Lonny Bohonos

Apr 4, 2010
Middle East
Yeah it's pretty easy to see it. Just watch them play. Shinkaruk has serious holes in his game. Yeah it's great to get behind a player and be a "fan" but you have to look at it realistically. He's got a long ways to go. Our mangement wouldn't have tried to trade him or sent him down so early in training camp if they thought much of him. Temper your expectations of him
Eh?

At what point in my post did I lay out expectations of Shinkaruk?

If anything its you that needs to temper expectations of a guy who has yet to play a pro game much less show he can stick in the pros.

Shkinkaruk has done that much.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
1 McCann
2 Virtanen
3 Hutton
4 Shinkaruk
5 Boeser
6 Demko
7 Gaunce
8 Pedan
9 Subban