Post-Game Talk: Vancouver Canucks Eliminated from the Playoffs

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
I really don’t get this Buffalo, Detroit , and Ottawa dissing thing. They aren’t that bad lol. Especially when compared to us. Well they are bad but we are no spring chickens. We can easily lose to all three on any given night. We aren’t like Tampa . We are 4th in our division and it’s a weak division 😂 They are 5,6, and 7 in a much stronger division. 🤷🏻 There’s honestly not that much between us.

In fact, Detroit is being built nicely by the Tampa architect and Ottawa has Chabot, batherson, tkachuk, norris, and stuetzle. Love those pieces actually for the price. Well tkachuk already getting 8 mill and norris getting a big raise next year but still it’s a good group.

But who am I kidding. There’s no reasoning with people that actually think we are better off than LA is. 😂

I hate it so much.

Every team lost to bad teams. Nashville lost 5 games to Buffalo/Montreal/Seattle. Dallas lost 4 games to Arizona/Montreal/Ottawa. Vegas lost 5 games to Arizona/Buffalo/Detroit/Philly.

No team goes 35-0 against non-playoff teams. But every time a team misses the playoffs, this ‘oh we were good enough but just lost these 1 or 2 easy games!’ thing pops up. It’s nonsense.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
I hate it so much.

Every team lost to bad teams. Nashville lost 5 games to Buffalo/Montreal/Seattle. Dallas lost 4 games to Arizona/Montreal/Ottawa. Vegas lost 5 games to Arizona/Buffalo/Detroit/Philly.

No team goes 35-0 against non-playoff teams. But every time a team misses the playoffs, this ‘oh we were good enough but just lost these 1 or 2 easy games!’ thing pops up. It’s nonsense.
Goes without saying that good teams lose to poor teams all the time...Its unsurprising, and says more about the normal ebb and flow of the regular season.....Losing both season series against obvious bottom freeders BUF/DET and getting zero points out of, can definitely be looked at as squandered....and one of the reasons for missing the post season.

Calgary was a far superior team to Ottawa last season in the North Division, but Ottawa had their number all season...cost them in the end.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Goes without saying that good teams lose to poor teams all the time...Its unsurprising, and says more about the normal ebb and flow of the regular season.....Losing both season series against obvious bottom freeders BUF/DET and getting zero points out of, can definitely be looked at as squandered....and one of the reasons for missing the post season.

Calgary was a far superior team to Ottawa last season in the North Division, but Ottawa had their number all season...cost them in the end.

Again : every team has results like this. We were no different than any of the teams we were chasing, who all also lost multiple season series against bottom feeders.

Reactions: timw33 and geebaan

Tomatoes11

Dec 25, 2021
Well the Canucks CAN win these last 3 (Seattle, LA Edmonton) but I can't fathom Dallas losing to the Yotes or Vegas losing to the Hawks with their season's on the line.

I visited the Vegas forums for giggles and I see the opposite. They can see the other teams losing out but can’t see vegas winning all 3 yet here we somehow have people thinking we can win out easily even when it was 12 in a row we had to win. People here really need to temper their expectations of this team’s capabilities. This is a dim Jim built team.

Reactions: LickTheEnvelope

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
I think I’ll just take a page from your book and ignore answering the question. I’m not going through my ignore list to do this for you.
Good one....lol.....Roughly translated...nobody really said that the team was 'perfect' and we shouldn't make any changes.

If you dont want to answer the question for me, why dont you do for your own benefit,.....?.... just to demonstrate that you dont talk out of your posterior.:)

geebaan

7th round busted
Oct 27, 2012
Good one....lol.....Roughly translated...nobody really said that the team was 'perfect' and we shouldn't make any changes.

If you dont want to answer the question for me, why dont you do for your own benefit,.....?.... just to demonstrate that you dont talk out of your posterior.:)

Was Jim Benning a bad GM?

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
You can’t even admit he was bad. Why would I go through my ignore list if you yourself can’t answer questions. No point. It won’t change your mind.
Obvious diversionary tactic...nice try.

Now you;'re doubling down...you're not discrediting me, you're losing your own credibility... because you're the source of the quote in question, and you cant even answer it.

and you know it,

• Haha
Reactions: geebaan

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Most GM's are considered bad. Look at how many have been fired because they couldn't turn things around.
The majority are hired to be fired..They all know that day is coming...When you're fired, generally its because you were unssucesful in some way.

Its the cycle of life in the NHL.

geebaan

7th round busted
Oct 27, 2012
The majority are hired to be fired..They all know that day is coming...When you're fired, generally its because you were unssucesful in some way.

Its the cycle of life in the NHL.

So no GM’s are good? Lol just admit Benning was bad and I’ll go through the work of finding those posts.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
You can’t even admit he was bad. Why would I go through my ignore list if you yourself can’t answer questions. No point. It won’t change your mind.
He's tied himself into so many knots over the years: PoM is bag of pretzels. First he supported Green because benning's a good GM. Then he defends green's poor results by pointing out Benning assembled a team so bad "no system" could work. Even in the offseason he was boosting Green, a coach lots of teams were interested in. He was still defending him in Oct/Nov. Now he's talking up the team and blaming the failure entirely on Green because BB's record shows Benning made a team going at the rate of [insert top ten here].

Last edited:

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
He's tied himself into so many knots over the years: PoM is bag of pretzels. First he supported Green because benning's a good GM. Then he defends green's poor results by pointing out Benning assembled a team so bad "no system" could work. Even in the offseason he was boosting Green, a coach lots of teams were interested in. He was still defending him in Oct/Nov. Now he's talking up the team and blaming the failure entirely on Green because BB's record shows Benning made a team going at the rate of [insert top ten here].
Feel free to quote me where I said I supported Green because Bennings a good GM

"In Greens first two years ,he had a weak NHL roster…No “system “ can overcome that."
You've taken this quote of mine and twisted it around. ... .When teams are transitioning core players, rosters are weak, and they lose a lot...No secret there, but nice try....From 2019-20 on he had a decent roster.

I admit I liked Green as a coach, not denying that...Obviously though, when he tanked the team for the second year in a row ..The shine was off....

Last edited:

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
Last time I engaged in a conversation with pastor he just said good night, and posted a gif. If any poster here shouldn’t be saying answer a question it’s him.
Was it a girl saying umm ok gif?

RussianRacket

He/Him/His Pronouns
Dec 29, 2019
Coast Salish Unceded Territory
I think Green will emerge again in the NHL and will be successful, but it was clear the team needed a shake up. It was a very good team that got off to a terrible start and it spiraled until Boudreau came aboard. Different coaching tone, different style, different personality, different message. Having played fairly high level sports and gone through something similar, there is a definite possibility that Green was just no longer the guy to unlock this team's potential. It seems Boudreau is.

30-15-9 since the skake up.

• Haha
Reactions: geebaan

Vancouver_2010

Canucks and Oilers fan
Jun 21, 2006
So no GM’s are good? Lol just admit Benning was bad and I’ll go through the work of finding those posts.
Why concentrate on the terrible things that has already been passed? Just celebrated one of the worst GM (Benning) in nhl history is no longer with the canucks, just thinking about that makes me so happy, the future is getting brighter.

Reactions: m9, geebaan and me2

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Feel free to quote me where I said I supported Green because Bennings a good GM

"In Greens first two years ,he had a weak NHL roster…No “system “ can overcome that."
You've taken this quote of mine and twisted it around. ... .When teams are transitioning core players, rosters are weak, and they lose a lot...No secret there, but nice try....From 2019-20 on he had a decent roster.

I admit I liked Green as a coach, not denying that...Obviously though, when he tanked the team for the second year in a row ..The shine was off....
“Our goal is going to be to make the playoffs every year." Jim Benning 2014.

"Competitive but not elite" 2016/17.

"Our goal is to win games and be competitive to make the playoffs, that’s what we’re here for.” Jim Benning 2018

Jimbo's plans have been playoffs. If he assembled terrible teams during Green's early year it was not intentional, just gross incompetence.

Either Benning is a bad GM or he's not honest like JR.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
“Our goal is going to be to make the playoffs every year." Jim Benning 2014.

"Competitive but not elite" 2016/17.

"Our goal is to win games and be competitive to make the playoffs, that’s what we’re here for.” Jim Benning 2018

Jimbo's plans have been playoffs. If he assembled terrible teams during Green's early year it was not intentional, just gross incompetence.

Either Benning is a bad GM or he's not honest like JR.
Before Greens first season (2017) Linden said the Canucks were in a rebuild….There’s nothing to suggest they were really trying to make the playoffs in 2017-18 or 2018-19

‘Our goal is to competitive to make the playoffs’…..what else is he going to say to the fanbase. At the beginning of the season ?..That was the first year he never said he thought they were a playoff team…

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $100.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $935.00