Speculation: Vancouver Canucks are asking for Kadri + Bozak or Kadri + Gardiner for Luongo

Status
Not open for further replies.

K19*

I fully expect Kadri and Gardiner to be dealt for Luongo. Because that's how ownership works. This has long been the case in Toronto, whether it was the Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan or Rogers/Bell that own MLSE; they want immediate results, they want playoffs, they could care less about the long-term picture. They want profits and a first round knockout team.

Kadri and Bozak? Sure.

Kadri and Gardiner? Dear god I hope not.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
And people wonder why the Leafs are such a mess...why can't our team have real owners not dictators.

daveleaf

#FIREKEEFE #MIGHTBETIMETOFIRESHANNYTOO
Mar 23, 2010
Canada
The asking price is way too high-he is simply not worth it with that contract. Trading Kadri will mean how many consecutive 1st round pics have we traded? Schenn, 2 for Kessel and then Kadri and wasn't Gardiner a first round pic? I would definitely stop watching. 40 years I have been watching the same circus and it doesn't end.

cloak

Dec 30, 2011
Pretend that Bozak + Kadri go for Luongo

Who plays #1C??? Timmy C???

???
Grabo
McCleameant (sp?)
Steckel

Ewwww

kadri is already an upgrade over bozak, that's why you keep kadri imo if they insist on this dumb trade.

Winreims

Dec 31, 2011
How exactly is Kadri alone an overpayment? A player who hasn't proven himself after years to do so. Trading Kadri will not set us back ten years. Gardiner yes, but not Kadri.

Apr 1, 2010
I gotta ask.

To all those happy BUrke is gone, and don't want Luongo;

How do you feel now that it is coming out that BUrke's refusal to give up Gardiner and Kadri for LUongo is the main reason for his termination?

For those old enough;

Ownership meddling in day-to-day operations of the club??? Remind you of anyone? H.B. ???

Giuseppe Sallo

ELE-VAT-ED
Apr 20, 2007
Back to L.A
twitter.com
This has long been the case in Toronto, whether it was the Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan or Rogers/Bell that own MLSE; they want immediate results, they want playoffs, they could care less about the long-term picture. They want profits and a first round knockout team.

9 years and counting... the new Bell/Rogers want results. Firing Burkie is a big slap in the face.

Luongo will get us into the playoffs. If we rely on Scrivens/Reimer, it ain't gonna change.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Hey guys,

According to Doug MacLean of Rogers Sportsnet, the Toronto Maple Leafs might trade Nazem Kadri and either Tyler Bozak or Jake Gardiner in a packaged deal for Roberto Luongo.

Deal #1

Nazem Kadri and Tyler Bozak

or

Deal #2

Nazem Kadri and Jake Gardiner
I would rather trade Kadri and Bozak because there is no way I want to see Jake Gardiner being traded.

Schenn

In Rod We Trust
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
Huron County
I can stomach a Bozak + Kadri trade. I'll let Lou win me over with that one.
Kadri + Gardiner will drive me up the wall.

leafsfuture

Mar 30, 2008
Agree. If the Canucks take that bozak/kadri offer... I'll laugh.

But then, and im definitely bias, but where does this leave us down the middle. We would be looking at Connolly, Grabo, McClement and Steckel as our top 4, and Connolly and Steckel wont be back next year.

daveleaf

#FIREKEEFE #MIGHTBETIMETOFIRESHANNYTOO
Mar 23, 2010
Canada
If I were to make a deal it would be Bozak+Blacker+conditional 2nd round pic. Make the playoffs they get a second. Even all of this is an over payment. To even consider Kadri and Gardiner, might as well shut the lights on this franchise because we will be the laughing stock of the NHL and hockey world.

jboknows

Feb 9, 2010
3 good years of luongo aren't worth either of those packages to me.

frankly, with luongo we are not a good enough team to win the cup. make playoffs... sure, but ultimately who cares about that.

keep the course. gardiner and kadri are two pieces i don't really want to move, even though luongo would obviously make this team much better right now

shakes

Pep City
Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
He doesn't need to be. No one ever needs to be traded :laugh:

To fill a need that is more pressing. They drafted Rielly who is a similar player which I don't think was by accident.they will be trading from a strength to fill a more pressing need. Either a 1C or a goalie. You might want to prepare yourself.

cloak

Dec 30, 2011
How exactly is Kadri alone an overpayment? A player who hasn't proven himself after years to do so. Trading Kadri will not set us back ten years. Gardiner yes, but not Kadri.

there is a difference between being unproven and being suppressed by burke and wilson while they play TYLER BOZAK 1C as a practical joke

Kessely Snipes

Great White North
Oct 16, 2011
Regina, SK
I gotta ask.

To all those happy BUrke is gone, and don't want Luongo;

How do you feel now that it is coming out that BUrke's refusal to give up Gardiner and Kadri for LUongo is the main reason for his termination?

For those old enough;

Ownership meddling in day-to-day operations of the club??? Remind you of anyone? H.B. ???

At this point isn't that pure speculation?

DD03

3D
Mar 15, 2010
To fill a need that is more pressing. They drafted Rielly who is a similar player which I don't think was by accident.they will be trading from a strength to fill a more pressing need. Either a 1C or a goalie. You might want to prepare yourself.

Read my post from earlier. I said he could be traded, but no one NEEDS to be. I agree that the #1 centre could be in discussion for Gardiner. But I think it depends on Rielly's training camp

tmlfan98

No More Excuses #MarnerOut
Aug 13, 2012
Hockey's Mecca
If Bozak isn't gonna get resigned in the offseason anyways, we should definitely trade him instead of losing him to UFA.

If Kadri and Bozak get traded, we should probably use Connolly, Colborne, or possibly Lombardi as 1C.

The Gardiner one is insane, if Nonis makes the deal I'm gonna hate the Leafs forever.

Schenn

In Rod We Trust
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
Huron County
I'd like to clarify that I am not opposed to Lou being traded to the Leafs, more or less I am concerned of his contract and implications, as well as trading young pieces such as a Kadri or a Gardiner for him. I know I will be happy to finally have a goaltender on the Leafs, but its the fact that we could potentially be trading NHL stars for him and his terrible contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad