Proposal: Vancouver and Edmonton (Proposal)

zcaptain

Apr 4, 2012
Vancouver offer's Derrick Pouliot @ 50%

for

Edmonton's 2019 2nd

Pouliot is a LHD offensive Dman that can play RHD, which is Edmonton short fall
(Cost $1,100,000 per year for 1 year @ 50% = a Cool $550,000, which is below what you could get
any player out of UFA...…...Pouliot has potential)

Nurse is going to cost big time, and there may yet be a casualty in the fall out

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
Vancouver offer's Derrick Pouliot @ 50%

for

Edmonton's 2019 2nd

Pouliot is a LHD offensive Dman that can play RHD, which is Edmonton short fall
(Cost $1,100,000 per year for 1 year @ 50% = a Cool $550,000, which is below what you could get
any player out of UFA...…...Pouliot has potential)

Nurse is going to cost big time, and there may yet be a casualty in the fall out

Pouliot is a defensive liability... that's the last thing the Edmonton Oilers need.

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
Pouliot is not worth what could be a high 2nd. Vancouver got him for a throw away prospect and a 4th. I doubt a mediocre season in Vancouver raised his value that much

Reactions: Dan Kelly

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Pouliot got traded for an AHLer and a 4th round pick a season ago and didn't do anything to raise his value since. His value is still minimal. He doesn't have any "potential" left, he's a bust.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Pouliot would be in the minors for us, or a 7d. He's awful defensively and offensively isnt too great either. I'd rather use that 2nd to add to that horrid winger group.

zcaptain

Apr 4, 2012
Hard no from Edmonton. We have no need whatsoever for Pouliot and I have no idea what Nurse has to do with him.

Tom Wilson just signed in Washington for 5.1 M......what is Nurse going to Sign for? This lead me to the fact that the Oilers are going to be hurting for cap.

Pouliot scored 23 points last year in the NHL on a not very offensive team, and he played both sides. Edmonton has 6 defensemen under contract, with one being Kevin Gravel at $700,000 per...Kevin Gravel! 11 points in the A.

Nurse is going to suck up every last bit of your cap, and probably then some. If he doesn't it will be close. Yes you need wingers, but if your defensemen suffer any injuries, you will have no one who can jump in.

I do not argue, that Pouliot will be a 6/7, but will and can step into every position on your back end short term . I am not selling a top 4 defenseman......but at $550,000 that is very cost efficient, which is what you need. Good luck finding a Dman for that cost that can play both sides and PP

LOL....you guys think you need a Winger? LOL of course you do, but once you sign Nurse...you will have nothing left in the jar...….the reason I offered you the deal is we have cap space and want to capitalize. PS....we will sell you Gagner at 50% which will be just short of 1.6 M, but I don't think you can afford that...…and you will still need that extra Dman.

Hey, people can laugh at Pouliot, but at a discount, that is good value...…...good luck with your problems...…..I actually like watching the Oilers

zcaptain

Apr 4, 2012
PS...……….what all these negative Nellies won't say, is who and what you are going to replace Pouliot with.
What is the reality? Do you guys think you can sign Nurse and still go after something better than Pouliot?
Power to you.

Jamin

Aug 25, 2009
Oilers have 7 dman so why trade a 2nd for another 7th dman? If someone gets hurt call up bear and let him get some seasoning.

I don't get the cap argument or the constant loling? Nurse is gonna use the last of our cap space so we should carry 8 dman because Pouliot is cheap?

If Oilers don't have cap space adding Gagner and Pouliot even if they are cheap doesn't matter because there is no cap space.

That's ignoring what others have said one season did not raise his value to a 2nd

Jamin

Aug 25, 2009
PS...……….what all these negative Nellies won't say, is who and what you are going to replace Pouliot with.
What is the reality? Do you guys think you can sign Nurse and still go after something better than Pouliot?
Power to you.
Why does Pouliot need to be replaced?

Larsson, Klefbom, Russell, Sekera, Nurse, Benning.

If someone gets hurt play the 7th dman Chia signed or play Bear.

I honestly can't tell if youre trolling. No oiler fan ever said sign Nurse and go after something better. Most oiler posters have resigned themselves that this is the roster barring a Lucic trade.

Adding a second 7th dman does nothing

WHISTLERNATE

Nov 14, 2017
Pouliot is not worth what could be a high 2nd. Vancouver got him for a throw away prospect and a 4th. I doubt a mediocre season in Vancouver raised his value that much

I came in to post the exact same comment.

Kid has another year or 2 to either become a 35 pt D, or learn how to play in his own end. I don't consider him to be a bust yet, but not a ton of hope left for him. I don't know that we would get a 4th back for him, let alone a c level prospect to go along with it.

zcaptain

Apr 4, 2012
Why does Pouliot need to be replaced?

Larsson, Klefbom, Russell, Sekera, Nurse, Benning.

If someone gets hurt play the 7th dman Chia signed or play Bear.

I honestly can't tell if youre trolling. No oiler fan ever said sign Nurse and go after something better. Most oiler posters have resigned themselves that this is the roster barring a Lucic trade.

Adding a second 7th dman does nothing

Not trying to troll and you guys know your team a lot better than I do, but I thought that last year, you guys got into Defensive trouble when you Dmen started going down.....It is true that Pouliot has defensive problems, but that was partly due to our team, and the 23 point is pretty friggin good for a spare part at 550,000

I like Bear, and he will fill one of the holes for sure...….but when that injury bug happens, you will need more.
It is not unreasonable to think you could have 2 of your top 6 down at any one time.

Gravel......is dirt...….but if you want to use him, your call.....just for the record, I have issues moving Pouliot because he is such a Swiss Army Knife kind of player...….they are rare, even at #6 /7 /8

Good luck!

PS. Thanks for the way you answered! Appreciated.

PSS...……...Bouchard was a great pick up!

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Tom Wilson just signed in Washington for 5.1 M......what is Nurse going to Sign for? This lead me to the fact that the Oilers are going to be hurting for cap.

Pouliot scored 23 points last year in the NHL on a not very offensive team, and he played both sides. Edmonton has 6 defensemen under contract, with one being Kevin Gravel at $700,000 per...Kevin Gravel! 11 points in the A.

Nurse is going to suck up every last bit of your cap, and probably then some. If he doesn't it will be close. Yes you need wingers, but if your defensemen suffer any injuries, you will have no one who can jump in.

I do not argue, that Pouliot will be a 6/7, but will and can step into every position on your back end short term . I am not selling a top 4 defenseman......but at $550,000 that is very cost efficient, which is what you need. Good luck finding a Dman for that cost that can play both sides and PP

LOL....you guys think you need a Winger? LOL of course you do, but once you sign Nurse...you will have nothing left in the jar...….the reason I offered you the deal is we have cap space and want to capitalize. PS....we will sell you Gagner at 50% which will be just short of 1.6 M, but I don't think you can afford that...…and you will still need that extra Dman.

Hey, people can laugh at Pouliot, but at a discount, that is good value...…...good luck with your problems...…..I actually like watching the Oilers

Most rumblings right now have the Oilers and Nurse bridging for two years in the 3 million range. Don’t fret. We’re fine.

We don’t need Pouliot, because he’s terrible. He can’t defend at this level to save his life and 21 points is completely mediocre production.

Klefbom-Larsson
Nurse-Benning
Sekera-Russell
Gravel

Gravel is not a point producer but he’s a good skater, physical, and never looked out of place when L.A. needed him.

We’ve also got Ethan Bear who will start in the minors but looks fine.

William Lagesson, who played top pairing minutes in Sweden, is also coming over - he’s only 22.

We’re not giving up a 2nd rounder for a 7/8 defenceman who would never see the ice over any of the top six. That’s ridiculous valuation - no one is giving up a 2nd rounder for a guy who shouldn’t be a regular NHLer on a team that wants to compete.

Reactions: 780il

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Power to you.

We don’t need to, that’s the point you’re missing.

7 NHL defencemen. Evan Bouchard, Ethan Bear, William Lagesson, and Caleb Jones knocking on the door. Joel Persson and Filip Berglund both playing top pairing on their respective Swedish teams. Pouliot is not solving any problems he’s just another body. You don’t give up 2nd rounders for what would effectively be camp competition.

Ctrain2k

Dec 3, 2016

You're misinformed we have more than enough D.

zcaptain

Apr 4, 2012
OK...…….but you guys have been saying this for a long time

I can't believe you are still planning on picking high in the second round ??????

BudBundy

May 16, 2005

I can't believe you are still planning on picking high in the second round ??????
We were so chock full of mediocre bottom pairing Leftie D that our depth chart was laughingly referred to as "the Leftorium" in these parts. We also have a string of Leftie prospects that frankly have as much upside as Pouliot at present that we won't have to fork over a high, low, or any 2nd round draft pick to acquire.

Reactions: zar

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA

The thing you're ignoring here is that Derrick Pouliot sucks at hockey and isn't worth a 2nd round pick. The Oilers wouldn't even remotely improve by trading for him, they'd actually probably get worse by adding him. Pouliot would be Jultz 2.0 for the Oilers, maybe even worse than that.

Reactions: 780il and zar

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad