Vancouver 2010 Roster Projections (Top 7 Nations)

Status
Not open for further replies.

therealdeal

Apr 22, 2005
Spezza and E. Staal?? last year you wouldnt say that:p:

They certainly will not be on the team. Nor will any of the goalies featured in the last world championship, that team will be extremely different from the 2010 Olympic team.

daver

Apr 4, 2003
Visit site
what about Getzlaf,Heatley,Nash?? they played last year as well. dont tell me that they arent good enough for canadian team :laugh: what ever:D

You mean these three guys?

SCORING LEADERS / MEILLEURS MARQUEURS

R Name No Team Pos GP G A PTS PIM +/-
1 HEATLEY Dany 15 CAN F 9 12 8 20 4 +13
2 GETZLAF Ryan 51 CAN F 9 3 11 14 10 +10
3 NASH Rick 61 CAN F 9 6 7 13 6 +9

pouskin74*

Three of Russia's top 7 scorers thus far in '09 played in the '08 WC and only one of Canada's top 7 thus far was there. What is your point?

who are the 10 best canadian forwards ?? in my point of view :Crosby,Thornton,Getzlaf,Heatley,Iginla,Nash,LeCavalier,E.Staal,St.Loui,Spezza
who is top 7 scorers who is not that different story. if we take a look at top 10 russian forwards then most defently you can find there 3 players from russian home league - Marozov,Radulov,Teresenko who are better than Zherdev,Afinogenov , Samsonov,Kulemin and so on . my point was that Russian home league have a lot of quality guys who are even better than those guys from Russia who are playing in NHL . and they proved that at WC last year against everybody and against Canada as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr Kanadensisk

May 13, 2005
who are the 10 best canadian forwards ?? in my point of view :Crosby,Thornton,Getzlaf,Heatley,Iginla,Nash,LeCavalier,E.Staal,St.Loui,Spezza
who is top 7 scorers who is not that different story. if we take a look at top 10 russian forwards then most defently you can find there 3 players from russian home league - Marozov,Radulov,Teresenko who are better than Zherdev,Afinogenov , Samsonov,Kulemin and so on . my point was that Russian home league have a lot of quality guys who are even better than those guys from Russia who are playing in NHL . and they proved that at WC last year against everybody and against Canada as well.

There are some good players in the KHL, especially those who specialize on playing on the big ice. I think we would both agree though that the NHL is a vastly superior league. It is hard to evaluate players based on their international play, since those tournaments are so short. A much better measure is league play. I will admit that in this snapshot in time Russia's top 7 scorers are comparible to Canada's top 7, but after Russia's top 7, the drop off in quality is considerable. Morozov would have had to retire years ago if he had tried to stay in the NHL and Radulov was good but let's not forget that he was 67th in league scoring last year.

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
There are some good players in the KHL, especially those who specialize on playing on the big ice. I think we would both agree though that the NHL is a vastly superior league. It is hard to evaluate players based on their international play, since those tournaments are so short. A much better measure is league play. I will admit that in this snapshot in time Russia's top 7 scorers are comparible to Canada's top 7, but after Russia's top 7, the drop off in quality is considerable. Morozov would have had to retire years ago if he had tried to stay in the NHL and Radulov was good but let's not forget that he was 67th in league scoring last year.

Does anyone outside North America who has seen at least 15ish KHL teams think that the NHL is VASTLY superior?

pouskin74*

russian top 7 is not just comparible but are better than canadian top 7 but on next 7 edge goes to canada . Radulov 1 season 64 games and 37 points second 81 and 58 and after that he left NHL. he is only 22 and he is going better and better!! lets compare him to Getzlaf (24) 1 season 57 games 39 points second 82 and 58 third 77 and 82 , Mike Richards(24) and Jeff Garter(24) did game on surface only on 4 -th seasone!? Radulov are playing in KHL but that dosnt change reality that he is great player and not worse than those 3 guys !! Marozov?? why would he have had retire?! because he had bad year ? who dosnt have a bad years ??? NHL is most defently best league on the world but only because of Swedens,Americans,Czheks,Slovaks,Finns . but not only because of Canadians . i just wonder what would you guys say if Malkin, Datsuk,Ovechkin,Semin,Frolov and Kovalchuk leave NHL :sarcasm: a la Marozov,Radulov and Jashin :laugh:

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don

Why would Morozov need to retire? Considering he survived 7 years of the 'clutch and grab' era, he'd have no problem in today's NHL.

And it's not like Morozov totally dominated the RSL right when he returned either. He has really taken his game to a whole new level in the last 3 years........there's nothing to suggest he wouldn't have done the same if he was in the NHL.

daver

Apr 4, 2003
Visit site
russian top 7 is not just comparible but are better than canadian top 7 but on next 7 edge goes to canada . Radulov 1 season 64 games and 37 points second 81 and 58 and after that he left NHL. he is only 22 and he is going better and better!! lets compare him to Getzlaf (24) 1 season 57 games 39 points second 82 and 58 third 77 and 82 , Mike Richards(24) and Jeff Garter(24) did game on surface only on 4 -th seasone!? Radulov are playing in KHL but that dosnt change reality that he is great player and not worse than those 3 guys !! Marozov?? why would he have had retire?! because he had bad year ? who dosnt have a bad years ??? NHL is most defently best league on the world but only because of Swedens,Americans,Czheks,Slovaks,Finns . but not only because of Canadians . i just wonder what would you guys say if Malkin, Datsuk,Ovechkin,Semin,Frolov and Kovalchuk leave NHL :sarcasm: a la Marozov,Radulov and Jashin :laugh:

Maybe the Top 2 or 3 but beyond that Canada's depth, experience and international success evens it out.

Canada's has argueably 7 or 8 players that are Top 20 in the world. Russia has 5.

Canada's top players all have multiple Harts, Rocket Richards, Art Ross's, Stanly Cups, and dominant international performances.

Mr Kanadensisk

May 13, 2005
Does anyone outside North America who has seen at least 15ish KHL teams think that the NHL is VASTLY superior?

Make a list of who you feel the top 50 forwards are in the world right now and I'd like to know how many those are in the KHL vs. the NHL. Where do most of Finland's top players play?

Free Ã…land!

Mr Kanadensisk

May 13, 2005
Why would Morozov need to retire? Considering he survived 7 years of the 'clutch and grab' era, he'd have no problem in today's NHL.

And it's not like Morozov totally dominated the RSL right when he returned either. He has really taken his game to a whole new level in the last 3 years........there's nothing to suggest he wouldn't have done the same if he was in the NHL.

It wasn't just one bad year, he was consistenly missing 10 or more games a season, and with age that gets worse, not better.

Mr Kanadensisk

May 13, 2005

Here is what I would like you to do.
List who you think the top 20 forwards are between Canada and Russia, in order.
For Example:
1. Yashin
2. Morozov
3. Crosby
4. Domi
...etc

By "top" I mean those forwards who would most help any team win a championship.
Then we can have a debate about who's top 7 are better.

p.s. I'm still chuckling that you brought up Yashin

pouskin74*

Here is what I would like you to do.
List who you think the top 20 forwards are between Canada and Russia, in order.
For Example:
1. Yashin
2. Morozov
3. Crosby
4. Domi
...etc

By "top" I mean those forwards who would most help any team win a championship.
Then we can have a debate about who's top 7 are better.

p.s. I'm still chuckling that you brought up Yashin

at first i did mention Marozov,Radulov and Jashin because of one reason-Canadians most likely talk about Marozov as a NOBODY, Radulov as a WASTED with no POTENTIAL , Jashin as CASHIN !:shakehead but all those guys are very good dosnt matter what you guys think about them ! not in NHL mean NOBODY on your minds. therefore i was wondering what would you do if all Russian stars from NHL leave that league!? you most defently call them as a WASTED and NOBODYS :sarcasm: but lets came back to the list . only canadians and russians? ok . here we go
1-Ovechkin
2-Crosby
3-Malkin
4-Datsyuk
5-Iginla
6-Kovalchuk
7-Thornton
8-Lecavalier
9-Semin
10-Getzlaf
11-Heatley
12-Marozov
13-St.Louis
14-Marleau
15-Richards
16-Kovalev
17-Nash
18-E.Staal
19-Radulov
20-Frolov

you mean win Championship. not just NHL right. because NHL isnt the ONLY one.

pouskin74*

Maybe the Top 2 or 3 but beyond that Canada's depth, experience and international success evens it out.

Canada's has argueably 7 or 8 players that are Top 20 in the world. Russia has 5.

Canada's top players all have multiple Harts, Rocket Richards, Art Ross's, Stanly Cups, and dominant international performances.

top 6
Ovechkin,Crosby,Malkin,Datsyuk,Iginla,Kovalchuk

pouskin74*

Make a list of who you feel the top 50 forwards are in the world right now and I'd like to know how many those are in the KHL vs. the NHL. Where do most of Finland's top players play?

Free Ã…land!

44 from NHL and 6 forwards from KHL. but on next 50 KHL would get about 10-12 positions.from 100-150 even more about 15-20 positions.

Mr Kanadensisk

May 13, 2005
at first i did mention Marozov,Radulov and Jashin because of one reason-Canadians most likely talk about Marozov as a NOBODY, Radulov as a WASTED with no POTENTIAL , Jashin as CASHIN !:shakehead but all those guys are very good dosnt matter what you guys think about them ! not in NHL mean NOBODY on your minds. therefore i was wondering what would you do if all Russian stars from NHL leave that league!? you most defently call them as a WASTED and NOBODYS :sarcasm: but lets came back to the list . only canadians and russians? ok . here we go
1-Ovechkin
2-Crosby
3-Malkin
4-Datsyuk
5-Iginla
6-Kovalchuk
7-Thornton
8-Lecavalier
9-Semin
10-Getzlaf
11-Heatley
12-Marozov
13-St.Louis
14-Marleau
15-Richards
16-Kovalev
17-Nash
18-E.Staal
19-Radulov
20-Frolov

you mean win Championship. not just NHL right. because NHL isnt the ONLY one.

Kovalchuk is too high, as an all around player I don't think he makes the top 10. After that you are really stretching it. Canada has at least 7 more forwards (Carter, Cammaleri, Doan, Spezza, Savard, Toews, Gagne) that are better than Morozov, Kovalev, Radulov or Frolov.

It would be too bad if the Russian stars left the NHL, but given the state of Russia I think it is more likely that some might come back from the KHL than more will leave.

pouskin74*

Kovalchuk is too high, as an all around player I don't think he makes the top 10. After that you are really stretching it. Canada has at least 7 more forwards (Carter, Cammaleri, Doan, Spezza, Savard, Toews, Gagne) that are better than Morozov, Kovalev, Radulov or Frolov.

It would be too bad if the Russian stars left the NHL, but given the state of Russia I think it is more likely that some might come back from the KHL than more will leave.

Toews,Gagne,Doan,Cammaleri better than Radulov,Kovalev,Frolov and Marozov??? ooh my....i knew that we wouldnt find common language a 100%. but that is normal. anyway there is WC coming and OG next year . we gonna see who is who.

Mr Kanadensisk

May 13, 2005
Toews,Gagne,Doan,Cammaleri better than Radulov,Kovalev,Frolov and Marozov??? ooh my....i knew that we wouldnt find common language a 100%. but that is normal. anyway there is WC coming and OG next year . we gonna see who is who.

I don't care about the WC, it doesn't have any meaning to me. I am looking forward to the OG though.

Four days after losing to Canada 7 -3 the USSR turned it around about beat Canada 8 - 1 in the final. The year was 1981 and it is the only time in history where the USSR/Russia has won a tournament where Hockey Canada was free to select any player without interference from the NHL or any other league.

29 years and waiting, bring it on comrad!

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
It wasn't just one bad year, he was consistenly missing 10 or more games a season, and with age that gets worse, not better.

Morozov's a soft player but has no history of any serious recurring injuries (ie Forsbergs foot, Gaborik's lower body, etc.).......those are the types of injuries that force players to retire; not nagging ones.
In his 7 NHL seasons the only surgery ever required was for a broken wrist.

Honestly, there's nothing to suggest Morozov would've 'had to retire years ago' if he stayed in the NHL......and to claim so just sounds like you're trying to win an argument at any cost.

Absolutely ridiculous

Mr Kanadensisk

May 13, 2005
Morozov's a soft player but has no history of any serious recurring injuries (ie Forsbergs foot, Gaborik's lower body, etc.).......those are the types of injuries that force players to retire; not nagging ones.
In his 7 NHL seasons the only surgery ever required was for a broken wrist.

Honestly, there's nothing to suggest Morozov would've 'had to retire years ago' if he stayed in the NHL......and to claim so just sounds like you're trying to win an argument at any cost.

Absolutely ridiculous

And there is no evidence to support your claim that he would be a star in the NHL.

Chea*

Except that he's playing in an inferior league.

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
And there is no evidence to support your claim that he would be a star in the NHL.

Unlike your absurd assertion with little supporting evidence, I’ve provided much that suggests Morozov would be an NHL star today. Remember, when he played in NHL he was a 4th line/replacement player for the national team. Today, he’s arguably the teams 4th best winger behind Kovalchuk, Ovechkin and Semin (ahead of Frolov, Kovalev, Zherdev, etc.)….a national team that is much better than it was 10 years ago mind you.

For instance, he’s been faaaaar better than Radulov in every aspect of the game this year (including on NHL ice at WC) and Radulov was a lock to be Nashville’s ‘go-to’ winger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad