Post-Game Talk: VAN @ WAS - 2pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Empty Goal Net

I don't smell disgusting, musky, and rancid
Feb 13, 2010
b2b afternoon games in January with travel in between

I was not expecting a buzzsaw effort

Yeah but ... opponents had almost identical previous day's games + travel. The 'nucks' buzzsaw > Caps' effort.

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
Not worried about standings. Caps still on well over a 100 point pace.

the issue is play and getting better. I don’t see any players “improving” as the season goes on. In fact, I see some players decreasing. Not good.

They need a spark - or a goaltender who can come in and be the number 1 guy. I don’t think any of our goalies can steal a series at all right now... and sometimes you need goaltending to make up for the other stuff.

Me either, just get in and see what happens in a new season of playoffs. I'm not saying they are locked for it, but they have enough points and talent to get in hopefully. Having a new playoff opponent would be nice change too. I'm to the point I want the Caps in a new division. Tired of the NYI, Rangers, and Pitt.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Yeah but ... opponents had almost identical previous day's games + travel. The 'nucks' buzzsaw > Caps' effort.

I wasn't expecting a buzzsaw effort from the Caps.

I don't know anything about the Canucks. Maybe a bounceback win in b2bs is normal for them. IMO this sort of letdown game is common for the Caps. Especially this time of year.

PlushMinus

Nov 18, 2021
There are some very nice members here but there also some that aren't nice at all.
Sorry guys but this might be the most hostil message board on the site.

Nah, there are alot worse: Boston, Tampa Bay, Edmonton, Calgary, Pens, Isles.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Ovechkin….nursing an injury…on the second of a back to back…leads all forwards in ice time. Genius level coaching.

An injured Ovechkin is still better than the rest of the team. 1 goal and 7 shots on net, not bad for a 36 year old guy who was listed as TBD before the game. Others need to wake up and start pulling their weight again.

Wilson’s been a bit more productive lately but we need more from others. Kuzy had 2 assists which is great, but 0 shots on goal with 21 minutes of ice time.

Our 3rd line with Eller is non-existant. They’re getting less ice time than the Dowd line.

The forwards are not even the most concerning part. Our transitions are not as clean as they were earlier this season, and you never know what you’re getting with the shitty goaltending that we get most nights.

Reactions: Ovie's Neighbor

Ovie's Neighbor

Jan 23, 2007
An injured Ovechkin is still better than the rest of the team. 1 goal and 7 shots on net, not bad for a 36 year old guy who was listed as TBD before the game. Others need to wake up and start pulling their weight again.

Wilson’s been a bit more productive lately but we need more from others. Kuzy had 2 assists which is great, but 0 shots on goal with 21 minutes of ice time.

Our 3rd line with Eller is non-existant. They’re getting less ice time than the Dowd line.

The forwards are not even the most concerning part. Our transitions are not as clean as they were earlier this season, and you never know what you’re getting with the shitty goaltending that we get most nights.
Totally agree that he is our best offensive threat. He is a legend. And yeah it sucks our other forwards are not stepping it up. That’s why we were so good early on in the season.

BUT…you have to play the long game and I really worry by the time the playoffs come around he will be hurt or gassed. Our veterans fell apart physically last year in the playoffs and it feels like it could happen again.

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
Can't agree with all the gloom & doom in here. The team generated a ton of high quality chances today. The puck didn't go in. It happens. Hot/good goalie, bad luck, poor execution in high danger areas, whatever, I didn't see a lot of red flags today.

There are games where they are clearly outplayed. This wasn't one of them.

Having said that, it would be really nice to have a Demko-level goalie on the Caps.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
No there isn't worse. People here look down at everyone.
Boston fans are some of the most knowledgeable fans on the forum.
The only team you mentioned that might have fans similar to ours is the Penguins.

well-bye.gif

Reactions: HTFN and Calicaps

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
A couple of years ago I started to notice Wheeler's whining and chippy play. Subsequently, virtually every game I see him play he engages in some sort of weasel-like behavior.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad