Van vs Tor - Which core would you rather have?

Which core is better now and going forward?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CascadiaPuck

Proud Canucks investor.
Jan 13, 2010
Vancouver
People getting too excited about 12 games. Matthews/Marner/Nylander core has made the playoffs every season, even in early years when no one expected them to.

Canucks have been very inconsistent, with some truly horrible/disappointing seasons in the mix.

Guys like EP/Hughes look great so far this year - but Matthews himself is a goal per game, and Nylander has a point in every game this year.

As for Demko....he looks good so far this year, but he was really bad last year and people were already writing him off as a bust. It's going to take more than a 9 game sample size for me to make the decision based on a goalie.

I think Leafs is still better now - and possibly going forward too.

If we're considering salary too, it's true Leafs have some very high salaries, but you probably oughta also consider that EP has publicly stated he may or may not stay in Vancouver, which is a big risk (and he might also want a huge AAV).
That’s certainly a take for Demko. Guy has been good for years and his notable performance dips were *shocker* when he was playing with injuries behind a shambles defence.

No problem with anyone picking the Leafs core. But you’re takes on the Canucks players are… off.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
People getting too excited about 12 games. Matthews/Marner/Nylander core has made the playoffs every season, even in early years when no one expected them to.

Canucks have been very inconsistent, with some truly horrible/disappointing seasons in the mix.

Guys like EP/Hughes look great so far this year - but Matthews himself is a goal per game, and Nylander has a point in every game this year.

As for Demko....he looks good so far this year, but he was really bad last year and people were already writing him off as a bust. It's going to take more than a 9 game sample size for me to make the decision based on a goalie.

I think Leafs is still better now - and possibly going forward too.

If we're considering salary too, it's true Leafs have some very high salaries, but you probably oughta also consider that EP has publicly stated he may or may not stay in Vancouver, which is a big risk (and he might also want a huge AAV).
Terrible take. Most posters are basing their opinions on much more than 12 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad