Confirmed Trade: [VAN/VGK] Nate Schmidt for 2022 3rd round pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Vegas is also in the western conference? What do you mean by your comment? Schmidt is an excellent dman.
Colorado came into free agency with one of the top teams in the NHL and enough cap space to add real difference makers. If they come out of free agency with Saad and Schmidt? That's a huge win for the rest of the league.

And that's not intended to be a shot at either Saad or Schmidt.

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Maybe the Pens and Knights pull off some mega deal where Fleury and Schmidt go to Pittsburgh.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
orangutan_square.jpg

GrotesqueBitterBrahmanbull-small.gif

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
Colorado came into free agency with one of the top teams in the NHL and enough cap space to add real difference makers. If they come out of free agency with Saad and Schmidt? That's a huge win for the rest of the league.

Gotcha :)

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com

I agree on Saad, but Schmidt would be a brilliant add for Colorado and I can’t see Vegas risking it.

Reactions: Richard88

Goal Caufield50

Jul 13, 2007
Wish it was Nate to the Habs.
Schmidt. Weber
Chariot. Petry
Edmundson Romanov
Mete. Kulak

Trade kulak to save $1.8 and let Juulsen, Flurey, and Brook develop in Laval. Protect Weber , Petry and Schmidt in the expansion draft.

Reactions: Spearmint Rhino

Freaky Styley

Aug 14, 2007
redlinerapport.blogspot.ca
This is so stupid by Vegas. Let's trade our only legit top pair D to make room for Petro. Should have spent whatever picks they needed to get Fleury out and then move Mcnabb/Martinez.
umm is someone forgetting Theodore? Am I missing something with Schmidt? I feel like he's getting pretty overrated in here. Good player, but #1 Dman? Plus the guy has missed 20+ games 3 of the last 4 seasons

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Perplexing that they think removing Schmidt and adding Piets makes them a better team.

Especially when Theodore brings a ton of the positives Piets already.

They gave up Stastny too to have a shot at Pietro and would still meed to dump cap.

So Schmidt+Stastny+x for Pietro

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
No shade on Nate Schmidt, but I don't think the organization is in love with Schmidt as they were the name value of OEL.

Agreed with this. Schmidt IMO is a much better fit overall, especially when factoring in contract. Perfect Edler replacement.

Plus I feel they were also potentially getting rid of some anchor contracts in the OEL deal. Assume that Vegas can't/won't take back any salary in the deal.

Rumour was Sutter and maybe something else, most likely one of Baertschi, Roussel or Benn. But OEL also carries a $2.25M higher cap hit with 2 extra years so something significant had to go back. Vancouver could send Benn back in a Schmidt deal and make it work. Saves Vegas
about $5M.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
umm is someone forgetting Theodore? Am I missing something with Schmidt? I feel like he's getting pretty overrated in here. Good player, but #1 Dman?

Schmidt is the guy that gets all the hardest matchups, minutes and dzone starts. He played the 6th hardest minutes in the league and still put up very good numbers. Theo gets sheltered more than 75% of the league and gets 60% ozone starts with no PK time.

Reactions: CanuckCity
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad