Confirmed Trade: [VAN/VGK] Nate Schmidt for 2022 3rd round pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
What's Vegas looking for in return? Just cap space? If so, I'd imagine they'd wanna give him away to a team outside the conference.

Panthers will give a 1st and a prospect like Noel. Or Replace the prospect with Stillman if you want a cheap LD for replacment.
Cost controlled #2 C would be my guess. Glass/Stephenson is not good enough
Either that or just futures (1st + I'd imagine).

NeoCanuck

Jay Beagle? In THIS economy?
Jan 17, 2005
North Vancouver B.C.
But they we’re all in on OEL? I agree Vancouver won’t be in on him, but that’s just because Benning is incompetent.

No shade on Nate Schmidt, but I don't think the organization is in love with Schmidt as they were the name value of OEL.

Plus I feel they were also potentially getting rid of some anchor contracts in the OEL deal. Assume that Vegas can't/won't take back any salary in the deal.

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
BOS:
Moore
Vaakanenien
2021 2nd

Vegas:
Schmidt

Vegas saves 3.25 per and gets some nice pieces. Boston gets the top 4 guy they desperately need

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Does VGK even really need Petro?? Their d core is easily good enough as it is
Vegas' D has always been their weakspot. Only after Martinez was added, Whitecloud took a spot, and Pete replaced Turk has the D been called good. Sure, you can say they struggled scoring in the POs, but I think it's Pete's type of coaching which makes D look better and F worse if you don't have players who have deflections, and rebounds as their M.O.

kerrabria

May 3, 2018
Cost controlled #2 C would be my guess. Glass/Stephenson is not good enough
Either that or just futures (1st + I'd imagine).
Then where is the cap for Pietrangelo coming from? And what team has a cheap 2C to cough up and a need on LD?
Idk if they'd move Stasny before Schmidt if they were gonna immediately look to fill the hole Stasny left.

Puckclektr

Jul 15, 2004
GTA
1. How many teams can afford him? I don’t think Vegas is taking salary back.
2. The teams going after Petro are not going to take Schmidt and give up any asset and then allow a competitor to take Petro
3. Good chance it will be a three way style trade. Giving Assets to take Schmidt and then giving assets to send cap elsewhere. The cost of Schmidt will be more than usual unless you have cap space like NJ Detroit etc.

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
Youre not getting a first with all 30 other teams knowing your team needs to clear cap. Honestly it’s a pretty in the ball park estimate IMO. But time will tell.
If Schmidt is available, top pair D signed to reasonable deal long term, they'll get a 1st for sure.

This is no Ryan Murray.

Reactions: Fisticuffer

yvrtojfk

Aug 13, 2016
Canada
What does Vegas think they will get with Schmidt? I think if he goes out east or our of the division they can actually get value for him. Alternatively, could Schmidt and Fleury be added together? If so, what team could he go to?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad