Confirmed with Link: [VAN/TOR] Canucks acquire F Sam Lafferty for 2024 5th Round Pick

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
To summarize my thought:
In a nutshell, I like this trade. A 5th is an underpayment for Lafferty and if they would to trade him in the near future, they can easily recruit a 5th round pick or more (IF they would to trade him)

I just don’t like the fact that they acquired Studnicka, a player that they quickly identify as not very good (which I ageee)

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
I don't mind Lafferty... but same question, why? Why do we need 10 bottom 6 forwards when the D is a mess.
Don’t don’t trust Studnicka, Aman or Joshua on PK

Does Studnicka out, Lafferty in improve our overall team speed? If so, I'm good with the trade.
Yes, Lafferty is like the Walmart version of Josh Anderson

LemonSauceD

Instigator
Sponsor
Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver
Not sure I like this trade.

Doesn’t have the greatest underlying numbers, limited offensive ability, soon to be 29 years old..

I mean we could’ve easily just gotten someone like him for league min through waiver wire. Would’ve much preferred we traded the 5th in a package to remove a contract or something. I don’t care about the pick, it’s just do we really need Lafferty that badly? Is he really that much more of an upgrade over other potential waiver fodders?

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria
Yeah i mean coghlan imo is the first one that is kinda worthy of claiming / sacrificing a player for

Ludvig is intriguing too

Reactions: Vector

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria
Not sure I like this trade.

Doesn’t have the greatest underlying numbers, limited offensive ability, soon to be 29 years old..

I mean we could’ve easily just gotten someone like him for league min through waiver wire. Would’ve much preferred we traded the 5th in a package to remove a contract or something. I don’t care about the pick, it’s just do we really need Lafferty that badly? Is he really that much more of an upgrade over other potential waiver fodders?
What salary does a 5th move? Juulsens?

Not sure what forwards have gone through established in this role as lafferty is

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria
A bit weird.

I like Lafferty, fast effective 4th line type. Probably an upgrade on Studnicka but I’m surprised they aren’t giving Studnicka more of a chance after a pretty good preseason.
I think it has to do with studnicka simply not being able to do anything with the puck... cant have two of those on one line (aman)

Reactions: Indiana

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad