Proposal: Van/SJ Andrei Kuzmenko for Mikael Granlund

Status
Not open for further replies.

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
As an Oiler fan, gotta say, I love what’s happening with Kuzmenko right now. Karma for all of last years comments from Canuck posters on here and Kuzmenko‘s demands to play on the PP1 (so he can pad his stats, get a nice contract and then coast the next couple of years). Glad Kenny took him to Joey’s… too bad he didn’t take Campbell to a soup kitchen (pardon the pun).

If Kuzmenko ain’t scoring he’s not worthy of an NHL roster. He can’t play in the bottom 6.

Granlund is average at everything but at least has a decent work ethic and can play on the defensive side of the puck.

Current value, Granlund > Kuzmenko.

Potential, Kuzmenko > Granlund.

Pick your poison.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
As an Oiler fan, gotta say, I love what’s happening with Kuzmenko right now. Karma for all of last years comments from Canuck posters on here and Kuzmenko‘s demands to play on the PP1 (so he can pad his stats, get a nice contract and then coast the next couple of years). Glad Kenny took him to Joey’s… too bad he didn’t take Campbell to a soup kitchen (pardon the pun).
Please don't pretend that taking Kuzmenko out to a chain restaurant was some big plan to "dodge a bullet" or what ever story you're telling yourself to stop the sobbing. Edmonton is still a trash heap.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
He is very solid defensively, always has been, but ya kind of butter soft but still never seemed scred to sacrifice his body to go into the dirty areas or make a play. Can't argue against slow but he was great in MN.

Granlund has never been completely clueless defensively. He's a smart enough player and obviously never goes running off out of position chasing the play or anything (because he can't). But his softness is a huge detriment to playing effective defence and always has been. He's got the same problem as Kuzmenko; a guy who also isn't clueless defensively. Just weak, slow, and ineffective. In Tocchet's system, that lack of engagement defensively makes a guy pretty useless to him.

• Haha
Reactions: OKR

KaraLupin

카라
Jun 4, 2009
Vancouver
Granlund sucks and does absolutely nothing for the Canucks. Any issues Tocchet has with Kuzmenko, would be magnified substantially with Granlund's game. At least Kuzmenko has shown chemistry previously with Pettersson and has top tier goal-scoring capability. Granlund is a soft, slow, defensively questionable passer-leaning complementary forward who just doesn't fit whatsoever.
Tell us you don't watch the Sharks without telling us

I would pass on this if I'm Sharks he has great value this year as a second line center or third on team deep at Center for a playoff run, need a pick for that

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Tell us you don't watch the Sharks without telling us

I would pass on this if I'm Sharks he has great value this year as a second line center or third on team deep at Center for a playoff run, need a pick for that

Nobody watches the Sharks on purpose right now. lmao :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I've seen a long career of Granlund outside of San Jose though, which is more than enough to know exactly what he is as a player. And again, i reiterate that, there's a reason the Penguins fans couldn't get rid of him fast enough. The Preds were dancing in the streets managing to somehow unload him on the Penguins. And Wild fans ultimately weren't any too broken up about "losing" him to Nashville in the first place.

He's a deeply flawed player.

If ya'll want to keep him, then absolutely do so. Please. By all means. Nobody else wants him. His "best fit" probably is as a scoring line space filler on a tanking team like the Sharks. Good for him, good for the Sharks, cool beans...let's just leave it at that then.

Just don't try to piss on people's heads and tell 'em it's raining. Don't try to convince people he'd be any kind of beneficial add for a playoff team.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
I like it when the Canucks do well because suddenly all their posters who disappeared during the shit runs come back to talk trash before inevitably disappearing again.

Brookbank

Nov 15, 2022

If Kuzmenko ain’t scoring he’s not worthy of an NHL roster. He can’t play in the bottom 6.

Granlund is average at everything but at least has a decent work ethic and can play on the defensive side of the puck.

Pick your poison.

Heard the same BS about Brock Boeser for 82 games. It was only a matter of how much we would have to pay to salary dump him.

Reactions: biturbo19

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
Heard the same BS about Brock Boeser for 82 games. It was only a matter of how much we would have to pay to salary dump him.
I never shit on Boeser once… he had a rough time with what happened to him personally. Glad he bounced back… seems like a great guy.

Kuzmenko… zero excuses. I have a strong opinion as to what the reason is, but I’ll keep it to myself so I as to avoid any bans.

Brookbank

Nov 15, 2022
This thread was started as a bit of a joke. Grandlund was a cap dump and a bad player that doesn't move the needle or get the puck going in the right direction.

Kuzmenko's defensive numbers are better than a lot of other one way players. He scored 39 goals in his first NHL season. The coach just hates him. He's a top 6 offensive talent. And he's available. But other GMs seem to drink the same koolaid as the fans. When a Canuck player is in a funk, everyone just jeers them and makes it out that they're the worst player ever. It happened with Boeser and Garlund. And its happening now with Kuzmenko.

SJ should take the trade and run away laughing.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
I never shit on Boeser once… he had a rough time with what happened to him personally. Glad he bounced back… seems like a great guy.

Kuzmenko… zero excuses. I have a strong opinion as to what the reason is, but I’ll keep it to myself so I as to avoid any bans.
"Because he didn't choose my team"

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
"Because he didn't choose my team"
”because he THANKFULLY didn’t choose my team”

… for the record I’m not a fan of 90% of players from that certain geographical area… so, I was perfectly fine with it. Admittedly, his 30+ goals would have been nice last year for $1.8M… but it’s exactly what I suspected would happen… get got paid and then does his best Casper The Friendly Ghost impression. Enjoy!

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012

Pick your poison.
Oiler fans still trying to hang onto the false narrative that Kuzmenko was guaranteed PP1 time :laugh:

Reactions: lawrence

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
Oiler fans still trying to hang onto the false narrative that Kuzmenko was guaranteed PP1 time :laugh:

It was highly rumoured to be the reason but I could not guarantee that was the reason. You don’t know either, so it’s not necessarily a “false narrative”.

We already have a complete dead weight contract in Campbell… that Kuzmenko one would have just added to our pain. Glad the pain is being shared.

Either way, I am very happy Kuzmenko made the decision he did. Enjoy! 🤣

Three On Zero

Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
It was highly rumoured to be the reason but I could not guarantee that was the reason. You don’t know either.

We already have a complete dead weight contract in Campbell… that Kuzmenko one would have just added to our pain. Glad the pain is being shared.

Either way, I am very happy Kuzmenko made the decision he did. Enjoy! 🤣
It was reported by many sources he was guaranteed nothing to come here, that was gone over ad nauseam in the original Kuzmenko thread.

Kuzmenko is fine, most of us are enjoying him. He just unfortunately has an easier contract to move

Reactions: biturbo19

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
It was reported by many sources he was guaranteed nothing to come here, that was gone over ad nauseam in the original Kuzmenko thread.

Kuzmenko is fine, most of us are enjoying him. He just unfortunately has an easier contract to move

“Kuzmenko is fine, most of us are enjoying him”… why is every Canucks trade being offered in these forums trying to get rid of him then. Don’t be ridiculous.

I won’t argue that his is a far easier contract to get rid of than Campbell’s.

Three On Zero

Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
“Kuzmenko is fine, most of us are enjoying him”… why is every Canucks trade being offered in these forums trying to get rid of him then. Don’t be ridiculous.

I won’t argue that his is a far easier contract to get rid of than Campbell’s.
Because it’s a moveable contract? Usually that’s how trades work :laugh:

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
”because he THANKFULLY didn’t choose my team”

… for the record I’m not a fan of 90% of players from that certain geographical area… so, I was perfectly fine with it. Admittedly, his 30+ goals would have been nice last year for $1.8M… but it’s exactly what I suspected would happen… get got paid and then does his best Casper The Friendly Ghost impression. Enjoy!

What's wrong with Siberians? :huh:

Anyway, he's not been nearly as bad or "invisible" as a lot of people seem to be trying to convince Canucks fans he is. Disappointing that the new coach doesn't seem to like him. But even in a down year, he's still pacing for ~20G while playing far more limited depth minutes and inconsistent PP utilization. That's not nothing. Though obviously counter to the "value" he represented last year.

People are acting like he just took the money and ran. When he actually hasn't been a different player at all. He's just had a lot less opportunity, and the production has dropped off accordingly, because he's never been a real line-driving player...so when he's not with a guy like Pettersson to set up him, it's going to put a big dent in his effectiveness and production.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Please don't pretend that taking Kuzmenko out to a chain restaurant was some big plan to "dodge a bullet" or what ever story you're telling yourself to stop the sobbing. Edmonton is still a trash heap.

they just pissed, he chose Vancouver over shit hole edmonton despite selling him McDrai. He visits Edmonton for 3 hours, and was like (get me the f*** outta here)

Reactions: Cogburn
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad