Proposal: Van/SJ Andrei Kuzmenko for Mikael Granlund

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stewie Griffin

What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada
Much rather have Granlund. As others have said, Kuzmenko would NOT thrive on this sharks team, where as Granlund has. (Maybe thrive isn't the proper word but you get it)

Reactions: Gecklund

harro92

Jan 22, 2009
Melbourne
This thread was started as a bit of a joke. Grandlund was a cap dump and a bad player that doesn't move the needle or get the puck going in the right direction.

Kuzmenko's defensive numbers are better than a lot of other one way players. He scored 39 goals in his first NHL season. The coach just hates him. He's a top 6 offensive talent. And he's available. But other GMs seem to drink the same koolaid as the fans. When a Canuck player is in a funk, everyone just jeers them and makes it out that they're the worst player ever. It happened with Boeser and Garlund. And its happening now with Kuzmenko.

SJ should take the trade and run away laughing.

SJ would easily reject this deal, Kuzmenko does nothing for the sharks

• Haha
Reactions: Brookbank

Brookbank

Nov 15, 2022
SJ would easily reject this deal, Kuzmenko does nothing for the sharks
Again, this proves my point. Kuzmenko was the most sought after undrafted free agent in 2021. And was being wined and dined by multiple NHL teams. Then he chooses to sign with Vancouver and gets 39 freaking goals. And he was even producing at an acceptable clip this year. And here you are thinking he's waiver fodder. Its just unbelievable.

I could post an even more ridiculous proposal. Like I dunno, Connor Brown for Kuzmenko. And Oilers fans would have the same reaction that you did.

If Van was actually interested in Granlund, SJ could trade for Kuzmenko, give him top line minutes, let him play his one way game and then trade him for picks after he starts scoring again.

Much rather have Granlund. As others have said, Kuzmenko would NOT thrive on this sharks team, where as Granlund has. (Maybe thrive isn't the proper word but you get it)
The proposal was meant to be a joke and now the joke is on you.

Brookbank

Nov 15, 2022
What's wrong with Siberians? :huh:

Anyway, he's not been nearly as bad or "invisible" as a lot of people seem to be trying to convince Canucks fans he is. Disappointing that the new coach doesn't seem to like him. But even in a down year, he's still pacing for ~20G while playing far more limited depth minutes and inconsistent PP utilization. That's not nothing. Though obviously counter to the "value" he represented last year.

People are acting like he just took the money and ran. When he actually hasn't been a different player at all. He's just had a lot less opportunity, and the production has dropped off accordingly, because he's never been a real line-driving player...so when he's not with a guy like Pettersson to set up him, it's going to put a big dent in his effectiveness and production.
Most opposing teams fans don't even know what is going on with Kuzmenko apparently. But it makes them feel good to say that X Canuck player sucks. So they just pile on without even thinking about it. They did the exact same thing with Boeser last year and when Garlund made his trade request. Oh and Tyler Myers too.

Now Oilers fans are saying that they're glad they didn't get Kuzmenko. :laugh: After he scored 39 goals in his first year in the NHL. Admittedly he's not the kind of player they need. But there's lots of teams that could use offense. Vegas, Seattle, Dallas to name a few. But if a trade proposal was posted for one of their 30+ year old overpaid 3rd line scrubs, they would probably reject it too.:naughty:

Reactions: biturbo19

Sendhelplease

Dec 21, 2020
Again, this proves my point. Kuzmenko was the most sought after undrafted free agent in 2021. And was being wined and dined by multiple NHL teams. Then he chooses to sign with Vancouver and gets 39 freaking goals. And he was even producing at an acceptable clip this year. And here you are thinking he's waiver fodder. Its just unbelievable.

I could post an even more ridiculous proposal. Like I dunno, Connor Brown for Kuzmenko. And Oilers fans would have the same reaction that you did.

If Van was actually interested in Granlund, SJ could trade for Kuzmenko, give him top line minutes, let him play his one way game and then trade him for picks after he starts scoring again.

The proposal was meant to be a joke and now the joke is on you.
Do you think that on the 2023-24 San Jose Sharks Andrei Kuzmenko would be in a position to succeed?

Brookbank

Nov 15, 2022
This is the guy nobody wants. He made 2 industrial grade assists in the first period. Both goals the team got in this period were a direct result from Kuzmenko's compete and offensive instincts around the net. And he almost got one for himself that got a cheer from the crowd

Brookbank

Nov 15, 2022
Do you think that on the 2023-24 San Jose Sharks Andrei Kuzmenko would be in a position to succeed?
I think he would get lots of ice time and he'd get goals and would be able to be flipped for picks. Especially if they retained a little

Reactions: gianni

Cas

Conversational Black Hole
Sponsor
Jun 23, 2020
Or we could just trade Granlund for picks.

Reactions: CupfortheSharks

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I think he would get lots of ice time and he'd get goals and would be able to be flipped for picks. Especially if they retained a little
I doubt the pick difference between Granlund and Kuzmenko on the trade market is all that large. Sharks are rebuilding. Swapping this sort of way doesn't really do anything but decrease their lineup flexibility. They've used Granlund at center for a lengthy period of time while Couture was out. Anybody that wants Granlund, can throw a 2nd round pick at the Sharks to make that happen if they want but I doubt anyone will until next season's trade deadline.

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
I opened this thread expecting to see picks coming back to the Sharks for taking on the Kuzmenko cap dump in addition to trading Granlund and somehow it's a one for one proposal. Delusional Canucks fans strike again.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I like Kuzmenko a lot but this does nothing for us. Granlund has 29 in 38, Kuzmenko has 21 in 41. Granlund is also better defensively and is a C and does not have trade protection. If Granlund keeps up this pace I could see him returning a 2nd again. Kuzmenko if he turns it around could return maybe a 2nd and a prospect. I’d rather keep the sure thing.

Reactions: CupfortheSharks

Brookbank

Nov 15, 2022
I opened this thread expecting to see picks coming back to the Sharks for taking on the Kuzmenko cap dump in addition to trading Granlund and somehow it's a one for one proposal. Delusional Canucks fans strike again.

:facepalm:
Kuzmenko had more goals last year than Granlund has had in his last 3 NHL seasons combined. He has more goals than Granlund this year and is a plus 1. Granlund is a minus 10.

Again, other fanbases see struggling Canucks player and think player bad. Player very bad. And just pile on without even thinking.

Reactions: Cogburn and gianni

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
Kuzmenko had more goals last year than Granlund has had in his last 3 NHL seasons combined. He has more goals than Granlund this year and is a plus 1. Granlund is a minus 10.

Again, other fanbases see struggling Canucks player and think player bad. Player very bad. And just pile on without even thinking.
Kuzmenko sounds awesome. You should just keep him then.

Brookbank

Nov 15, 2022
Kuzmenko sounds awesome. You should just keep him then.
Im not sure if I know one Canucks fan who actually wants to trade Kuzmenko in a vacuum. They just know that Tocchet doesn't like his one way style and won't make any exceptions for him. So he will just continue to be benched and not fit into a role as a one way player. Tocchet would probably treat Karill Kaprizov the same way

Mattb124

Apr 29, 2011

I was prepared to disagree with your point until you brought up +-, and that sealed it as to who the better player is.

Reactions: Brookbank
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad