Confirmed with Link: [VAN/OTT] Canucks trade F Alex Burrows to OTT for F Jonathan Dahlén

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Jonathan+Dahlen+nzN7Xx-egM3m.jpg

I can only think 8 months of staring at this was all Dorion could handle.

thefeebster

Mar 13, 2009
Vancouver
I love the trade also from a standpoint of loading up Utica.

Having a good center prospect in Utica will have trickledown effects for other prospects too. It'll be incredibly smart for us to just stack Utica with good prospects next year. Let them cook.
Not a centerman. Is a winger, will be a winger at the next level.

I'd side-eye a written source that claims he is still a C. They probably only went to hockeydb and went with what was there.

Last edited:

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Let's just be glad because I can't see it being better than this for us.

I think Burrows made this trade hence why we actually won a trade for once. He's grooming himself to be in Canucks management in a few years.

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
Now, I'm a bit more content after this trade - as are many.

Icing on the cake would be.. anything for MillerTime.

I'm happy keeping Hansen until next years deadline.

He would be worth a lot more.

So you keep Hansen and expose one of Baertschi or Granlund?

Not that I'd be that heartbroken about losing Granlund but it seems to make more sense to get a rental return for Hansen now (i.e. Team values him as a rental cause of expansion draft) than wait a year to get a rental return anyway.

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles

Not that I'd be that heartbroken about losing Granlund but it seems to make more sense to get a rental return for Hansen now (i.e. Team values him as a rental cause of expansion draft) than wait a year to get a rental return anyway.

Every team exposes a couple of good players and we expose Granlund and Sbisa. Lol
Vegas is going to ****ing hate us.

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Pickle Time Deli & Market
Not a centerman. Is a winger, will be a winger at the next level.

I'd side-eye a written source that claims he is still a C. They probably only went to hockeydb and went with what was there.

Perfectly fine too, I don't know much about the kid except he's put up good numbers.

Still a good player to have in Utica nonetheless.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.

If it forces Vegas into taking Sbisa that's a huge bonus.

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
If it forces Vegas into taking Sbisa that's a huge bonus.

Hehe, well I don't think we can *force* them to choose Sbisa out of all the guys we expose, though it'd be awesome if we could.

GranvilleIsland

Feb 26, 2013
Vancouver, B.C.
Benning saying this is a fair trade for both teams makes me cringe because I feel like he's being genuine.

Well Dahlen is all potential right now still a lot to prove before we should get too excited. I don't think it's a stretch to say it's a fair trade rentals are always expensive when the market is like this. I'd say it's risky for Ottawa but if Dahlen busts or they go on a long run they won't give a damn.

Paulinvancouver

Gas station in Carbondale did not have fresh yams!
Dec 19, 2015
Benning saying this is a fair trade for both teams makes me cringe because I feel like he's being genuine.

Because it would have been super classy to come out and constantly brag about you fleeced Dorion in this trade? Very professional. Come on man, he's not Trump.

You never want to give another club bulletin board material. You act like you've been there before. Complement the other team and move on.

Rotting Corpse*

Sep 20, 2003
Kelowna, BC
Because it would have been super classy to come out and constantly brag about you fleeced Dorion in this trade? Very professional. Come on man, he's not Trump.

You never want to give another club bulletin board material. You act like you've been there before. Complement the other team and move on.

Oh Jesus the one freaking time someone spells complement this way...

VancouverJagger

Not trying to fit in
Feb 26, 2017
Vancouver - Coal Harbour
Hallleh - fricking - luuuuyahhh...........Jimbo did a gooder......

This ought to buy him at least 37 minutes of grace time before the wolves start in again.......

Please for the love of God keep SELLING.......LIQUIDATE!!! I would have been happy if one of the 3 - Hansen, Burrows, or Miller got traded. If he can do 2 - OMG - I'm dong cartwheels over here.

Askel

By the way Benning should be fired.
Apr 19, 2004
Malmö/Vancouver
I love the trade also from a standpoint of loading up Utica.

Having a good center prospect in Utica will have trickledown effects for other prospects too. It'll be incredibly smart for us to just stack Utica with good prospects next year. Let them cook.

Dahlen is a winger, but otherwise I agree its time to fill Utica with good prospects, and play them in big roles down there

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad