Confirmed Trade: [VAN/NJD] Louis Domingue for Zane McIntyre

jd22

Aug 16, 2008
Texel, Netherlands
Talk about moving the goal. First post.

Presumably insurance for Demko if Markstrom's questionable knee injury becomes a real thing.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Markstrom out for the season, rats

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
Thatcher Demko is a bad ass, I like Domingue as well so I think they'll be very good as a tandem and the Nucks will be fine. Sorry to hear about Markstrom though.

Reactions: calderkids

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
Markstrom due for the big contract. My mind can't help but wander to how his injury might affect that.

Reactions: Morrison

calderkids

Feb 8, 2020
Markstrom out for the season, rats
He's out 3-4 weeks. Demko was lights out when Marky was dealing with his Dads death and the other two absences Marky took in relation to that. If Demko can't hold the fort for 10 games with a pretty easy schedule it sure clears the issues as what to do going forward. Anyone who claims the Nucks have avoided the injury bug spoke to soon. Brock, Josh, Ferland, all lost for 8 weeks or more, Sutter half the season so far and now our MVP vezina candidate for a month during the stretch run.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
He's out 3-4 weeks. Demko was lights out when Marky was dealing with his Dads death and the other two absences Marky took in relation to that. If Demko can't hold the fort for 10 games with a pretty easy schedule it sure clears the issues as what to do going forward. Anyone who claims the Nucks have avoided the injury bug spoke to soon. Brock, Josh, Ferland, all lost for 8 weeks or more, Sutter half the season so far and now our MVP vezina candidate for a month during the stretch run.
Thats true CK cant argue that

Reactions: calderkids

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Could be a blessing in disguise for the Canucks and Demko plays well and shows that the team can survive without Markstrom. Or he crumbles under the pressure, the team misses the playoffs and they sign Markstrom to a massive contract.

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
Yep. It's a small city about a 30 minute drive from Vancouver proper (or up 2 hours during rush hour which basically lasts about half the day) and is part of the Greater Vancouver metropolitan area.
Well now I want to hear about their frequent flyer miles.

Hopefully it involves moose meat, a weekend pass at Whistler, and some of that fine BC...

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
I don't really get why the Devils make this deal, but yeah...okay. A career AHLer goaltender for an AHL goaltender with at least a tiny bit of NHL experience. Kinda feels like maybe a karmic "returning the favour" for when Benning sent a guy like Biega to Detroit for diddly squat so he'd get a chance to play. Devils sending Domingue out to where he might get a chance to play a game or two in the NHL again, in kind. Pay it forward style...where eventually it probably works its way back to the Red Wings somehow via like..."future considerations" or something?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad