Confirmed Trade: [VAN/NJD] Louis Domingue for Zane McIntyre

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
Well now I want to hear about their frequent flyer miles.

Hopefully it involves moose meat, a weekend pass at Whistler, and some of that fine BC...

Whistler is in the other direction, Delta is where you drive through to get to the ferry to Vancouver Island or to drive to Seattle.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
I don't really get why the Devils make this deal, but yeah...okay. A career AHLer goaltender for an AHL goaltender with at least a tiny bit of NHL experience. Kinda feels like maybe a karmic "returning the favour" for when Benning sent a guy like Biega to Detroit for diddly squat so he'd get a chance to play. Devils sending Domingue out to where he might get a chance to play a game or two in the NHL again, in kind. Pay it forward style...where eventually it probably works its way back to the Red Wings somehow via like..."future considerations" or something?

From a budget standpoint, Domingue is due about $250,000 for the remainder of the season while McIntyre is somewhere around $100,000. As much as we like to think our owners are bottomless cash dispensers, I'm sure they don't mind the savings especially if it was involving AHL players for us.

And like you said, it doesn't hurt to give Domingue a chance to catch on elsewhere if the Devils' intention was to bring Schneider back for the remainder of the season.

Reactions: biturbo19

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
From a budget standpoint, Domingue is due about $250,000 for the remainder of the season while McIntyre is somewhere around $100,000. As much as we like to think our owners are bottomless cash dispensers, I'm sure they don't mind the savings especially if it was involving AHL players for us.

And like you said, it doesn't hurt to give Domingue a chance to catch on elsewhere if the Devils' intention was to bring Schneider back for the remainder of the season.

I was wondering the same thing and came to that conclusion. Also worth noting that like the Canucks the Devils have a younger goalie they're playing as the starter in the AHL, which I'm sure is intentional and they don't want/need an expensive vet like Domingue getting in the way down there.

Reactions: biturbo19

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ

I didn't really like this trade from a Devils perspective at the time as I would've rather had even a 7th round pick, but McIntyre has been great for the Binghamton Devils so far.

The B-Devils got off to an awful start to the season, but have won 6 in a row and 24 of 31 to surprisingly get into the playoff picture, which is great for the Devils prospects.

Reactions: Jerzey Devil

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad