Confirmed with Link: [VAN/LA] Canucks acquire F Tyler Toffoli for Tim Schaller, Tyler Madden, 2020 2nd Round Pick

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014
I didn't give an opinion on it so I don't know how I am being critical...

I just asked if as per this tweet, we lose these guys to sign Toffoli does it change your perception of the trade? Hell I will simplify it for you. If we lose 2 of the three does this change anything for?
I said I felt you were being uncritical of the information you saw because you wanted it to be true. In reality, there's no way signing Toffoli would cause the team to lose both Markstrom and Tanev. It just doesn't add up. Stecher, while useful, is a 3rd pairing defender I'd be completely comfortable losing, especially in order to keep Toffoli, if the teams decides to make a big push to sign him.

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
I said I felt you were being uncritical of the information you saw because you wanted it to be true. In reality, there's no way signing Toffoli would cause the team to lose both Markstrom and Tanev. It just doesn't add up. Stecher, while useful, is a 3rd pairing defender I'd be completely comfortable losing, especially in order to keep Toffoli, if the teams decides to make a big push to sign him.

I am just going by the information from the tweet.

It doesn't change the trade for me. I think we paid too much, and a few posters have shown this. As a rental we just paid too much.

If we resign him I personally think it is a separate idea in this case, but it was talked about earlier in the thread. with the current makeup I would rather sign Tanev and Markstrom as they are more pressing needs for this team. We really need dmen that can play and right side. Markstrom has been our team MVP.

Hoghandler

Jul 9, 2019
with the current makeup I would rather sign Tanev and Markstrom as they are more pressing needs for this team. We really need dmen that can play and right side. Markstrom has been our team MVP.

What if Markstrom won’t take less than 5 years?

What if Demko posts a .920sv % down the stretch?

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014
I am just going by the information from the tweet.

It doesn't change the trade for me. I think we paid too much, and a few posters have shown this. As a rental we just paid too much.
Again -- simply saying something, or noting that someone else said something, isn't evidence that it's true or likely to happen. As far as I can tell, whether or not the trade was a good one strategically, Benning paid about what he ought to have paid for one of the best rental forwards on the market. Like most of us, I'm torn between enjoying better hockey now and possibly advancing in the playoffs and wanting to have seen Madden in a Canucks uniform. But the price didn't seem out of line to most people outside of this forum.

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
What if Markstrom won’t take less than 5 years?

What if Demko posts a .920sv % down the stretch?

I don't trust Demko's health to hold up long term as a starter. As stated before I think he has great potential, but would have played him more and been looking to flip him.

Again -- simply saying something, or noting that someone else said something, isn't evidence that it's true or likely to happen. As far as I can tell, whether or not the trade was a good one strategically, Benning paid about what he ought to have paid for one of the best rental forwards on the market. Like most of us, I'm torn between enjoying better hockey now and possibly advancing in the playoffs and wanting to have seen Madden in a Canucks uniform. But the price didn't seem out of line to most people outside of this forum.

Its a discussion board... I never claimed this was a fact... I just used a tweet, from a good source, to continue a conversation that was had in this thread a few pages back.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
Schaller is on waivers:

Gauderau to the Canucks???

two hockey Gauds!!!!!!!!

Yup, Travis Green plays him for 50 games. First thing a bottom feeder team does is send him to the minors.

the running tally of guys who were regular players on this team but were out of the league soon after they left: vey, prust, bartkowski, granlund, pouliot, schaller, tbc

that said, gudbranson, mdz, sbisa, all still very much in the league.

tradervik

Hear no evil, see no evil, complain about it
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2007
Yup, Travis Green plays him for 50 games. First thing a bottom feeder team does is send him to the minors.

Why would LA put Schaller in the lineup when they have a some good prospects they can now take a closer look at in NHL games? LA is in rebuild mode and Schaller is not going to be a part of that, so it makes total sense to waive him so he can try to help their AHL affiliate make the playoffs.

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
Why would LA put Schaller in the lineup when they have a some good prospects they can now take a closer look at in NHL games? LA is in rebuild mode and Schaller is not going to be a part of that, so it makes total sense to waive him so he can try to help their AHL affiliate make the playoffs.

The clear answer is to become a cap strapped playoff bubble team
Like we are. We did that same thing we signed him last year and people thought it was a good move duh....

Reactions: mathonwy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad