Confirmed Signing with Link: [VAN] Jordie Benn signs with the Canucks (2 years, $2M AAV)

flying v 604

Sep 4, 2014
Sutter is an awful deal, how can anyone even suggest otherwise. Beagle, roussel, dorsett, gudbranson, Eriksson, were all awful and I know I am forgetting some... Nucks have been giving guys the richest contract offers.
Sutter when signed was an ironman. He is capable of 20 goals while shutting down top lines how is 4.5 a bad deal? Guddy was terrible I admit that, but it was parlayed into Pearson who played quite well with Bo. Beagle is a proven winner who is slightly overpaid but who cares its not a buge cap hit. Rousell? Well obviously you didn't watch himast year he was 5th on the team in points while playing in the bottom 6, he also brought tons of energy. Dorsett really? How about Tanev Bo, Demko, Jake, Edler, all very good signings. Lastly a bad contract handcuffs your team in some way. None of these deals do that in fact, with the core being so young having Beagle and Sutter, allows Bo, and Petey to be deployed in favourable matchups. Rousell quickly endeared himself to all Canuck fans, you would be hard pressed to find someone who has a bad thing to say about him. Im curious what team do you cheer for? Im willing to bet your team has some contracts that people will crap on.

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
Sutter is an awful deal, how can anyone even suggest otherwise. Beagle, roussel, dorsett, gudbranson, Eriksson, were all awful and I know I am forgetting some... Nucks have been giving guys the richest contract offers.
Sutter has had some tough injuries throughout his contract.
Like literally half the contract he has been injured.
Only missed three games in the previous 5 seasons before joining the Canucks.

edit: error

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Benn at 2M/2.5M-ish playing around 18 minutes a night on the RIGHT side (somehow, he's much better on the right than on the left, despite being a LHS) is perfectly reasonable. You could also probably flip him for a 3rd rounder at the deadline when he's about to go back to Free Agency.

Pay him more than that, and that means he's probably playing more than he should (or you're paying your 5th/6th D too much)

Nucks N Canes

Jun 22, 2011
Sutter has had some tough injuries throughout his contract.
Like literally half the contract he has been injured.
Only missed three games in the previous 5 seasons before joining the Canucks.

edit: error

He's had injuries and he's been an offensive blackhole when healthy. He wasn't worth the deal when we gave it to him.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
was hoping Schenn would stick around. Looks like he wants to win a cup. I won't blame him for it either.

I am ok with a Jordie Benn Signing.

Nucks N Canes

Jun 22, 2011
Sutter when signed was an ironman. He is capable of 20 goals while shutting down top lines how is 4.5 a bad deal? Guddy was terrible I admit that, but it was parlayed into Pearson who played quite well with Bo. Beagle is a proven winner who is slightly overpaid but who cares its not a buge cap hit. Rousell? Well obviously you didn't watch himast year he was 5th on the team in points while playing in the bottom 6, he also brought tons of energy. Dorsett really? How about Tanev Bo, Demko, Jake, Edler, all very good signings. Lastly a bad contract handcuffs your team in some way. None of these deals do that in fact, with the core being so young having Beagle and Sutter, allows Bo, and Petey to be deployed in favourable matchups. Rousell quickly endeared himself to all Canuck fans, you would be hard pressed to find someone who has a bad thing to say about him. Im curious what team do you cheer for? Im willing to bet your team has some contracts that people will crap on.

When did Sutter ever provide that for the nucks? The minute the ink was signed it was a bad deal for him at the time 3Cs were getting 3-3.5M per. We are now paying a fourth line C 3M per when that's the highest in the league as well for a guy that's over the hill and we got for another three seasons. Roussel had an okay season but him being fifth in scoring shows how weak our team is and how many injuries we had. You can't pay guys that are starting to wear down that kind of money on that term, there's a reason why he didn't reup in Dallas. I'll be shocked if he makes it through the whole contract.

The contracts you are saying that are good were some of the easiest to sign, Jake has still done nothing in the NHL why does he deserve anything honestly beyond being a high pick he had a few good games last year. Tanev and edler both wanted to be here and tanev is made of glass. Horvat and demko had little bargaining power so not sure how even Benning could mess it up.

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS
He's a capable 3rd pair guy. In that role, he won't hurt you. Poster above is right. He's much more comfortable on the rhs. It's not a huge overpay.

DeltaSwede

Jun 15, 2011
Gbg
When did Sutter ever provide that for the nucks? The minute the ink was signed it was a bad deal for him at the time 3Cs were getting 3-3.5M per. We are now paying a fourth line C 3M per when that's the highest in the league as well for a guy that's over the hill and we got for another three seasons. Roussel had an okay season but him being fifth in scoring shows how weak our team is and how many injuries we had. You can't pay guys that are starting to wear down that kind of money on that term, there's a reason why he didn't reup in Dallas. I'll be shocked if he makes it through the whole contract.

The contracts you are saying that are good were some of the easiest to sign, Jake has still done nothing in the NHL why does he deserve anything honestly beyond being a high pick he had a few good games last year. Tanev and edler both wanted to be here and tanev is made of glass. Horvat and demko had little bargaining power so not sure how even Benning could mess it up.

You cheer for two teams.

Bitz and Bites

May 5, 2012
Victoria
I’m good with this,we need more grit in our lineup and another Dman who can play a shutdown/PK role to take some of the load off Tanev and Edler.Term and dollars are fine plus Benn is the type of player who’s in demand at the TDL if we’re out of the race at that point.

VanFan101

Jul 24, 2009

So you handwave away any good signing and hyper-focus on any mediocre/bad signing? Seems like a level playing field

Reactions: MarkusNaslund19

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad