Confirmed Signing with Link: [VAN] Jordie Benn signs with the Canucks (2 years, $2M AAV)

Ditch Donkey

Oct 3, 2017
Benn is decent in his own and and that's it. He may had some trauma as s child because he thinks that approaching opposing zones is forbidden. That's why he had no offer from us.

The game is too fast for him but a solid bottom pair. Unfortunatly, we have nobody on the left side and overplayed him.
Habs offered the exact same offer, tell me more about your silly comparison to trauma and entering a zone..

Seatoo

Never Stop Poasting
Oct 19, 2012
Okanagan
With today's signings and expected RFA signings, Vancouver now pretty far above salary cap limit...

(Note - the free agent figures I am using, if they are not already reported in press, are from Evolving Hockey's contract predictions. Other cap figures from Cap Friendly)

Right now.............$60.9 m
+ Myers.....................+6.0 m
+ Benn…..................+ 2.0 m
+ Fantenberg.......+ 0.85 m
+ Boeser…...............+ 7.0 m (RFA)
+ Motte….................+ 1.1 m (RFA)
+ Goldobin…..........+ 1.8 m (RFA)
+ Leivo…...................+ 1.9 m (RFA)
+ Teves…..................+ 0.7 m (RFA)
+ Rafferty….............+ 0.7 m (RFA)
Off-season TOT.....$ 82.922 million (limit is 110% of $81.5 m = $89.65 m)

Recapture Penalty.....+ 3.0 m
Season Start.................$85.956 million (Cap limit is $81.5 m)

It’s almost like the Canucks can’t have 30 people on the NHL roster at once and a bunch of those guys will be in Utica

Favin

Jun 24, 2015
Toronto
It’s almost like the Canucks can’t have 30 people on the NHL roster at once and a bunch of those guys will be in Utica
Sutter, Schaller, Sautner, Spooner, Stecher...I mean, c'mon, can't they just combine all these guys into one?

qqaz

Think Happy Thoughts
Oct 25, 2018
I mean, ya. Sure. Why not?

You gotta fill out the roster. Benn is a serviceable player. He gets paid the normal premium for a UFA. *shrug* Nothing to complain about, here.

Reactions: Cogburn

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Nothing to love, nothing to dislike. I think this is what we were hoping to sign Hutton around (yeah right) as our third LHD behind Hughes and Edler.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad