Confirmed Signing with Link: [VAN] Jason Dickinson signs with Canucks (3 years, $2.65M AAV)

Ledge And Dairy

17m and I don t think either of them is worth 10m. As a VAN fan I believe Hughes‘ contract should be above Girard s, in line with Krug, something like 6.5 max, and this is generous considering the fact Krug was a UFA.

Anything else on top of that may very well be a bad signing, esp. Given the fact that Boeser Horvat are due a raise in the two next years.
The exact space is 16.64M assuming Bailey, Rathbone, and Hunt are all sent down to Utica. You may believe that neither is worth 10M but that doesn't stop an OS from being 10M. I doubt both players sign the same amount of term but if you want either locked up long term it will cost more. They can likely fit both players but they are going to have trouble matching a 10M OS to EP40 as I don't see Hughes getting less than 7 after the defenseman deals signed this summer

DeltaSwede

Jun 15, 2011
Gbg
The exact space is 16.64M assuming Bailey, Rathbone, and Hunt are all sent down to Utica. You may believe that neither is worth 10M but that doesn't stop an OS from being 10M. I doubt both players sign the same amount of term but if you want either locked up long term it will cost more. They can likely fit both players but they are going to have trouble matching a 10M OS to EP40 as I don't see Hughes getting less than 7 after the defenseman deals signed this summer

They will match any offer sheet if one is made to Pettersson (Benning quote). They can always move a body to get more money to then sign Hughes if that problem would arise.

Hoping for a long-term on Petey and a bridge on Hughes.

48MPHSlapShot

Nov 3, 2018
I'm a little worried about his FO% and production, but his defensive play and underlying numbers are top notch, and with our blueline looking the way it does, having an elite defensive forward on the roster isn't a bad thing.

Solid signing.

Captain Awesome

Mar 29, 2008
Long Beach, CA
That likely would mean his defensive game slips quite alot in return. I don't think he has that much offense in him and still be that effective . Also he also looses about ~10 games each year to injuries .

Yeah, don't think he has any noteworthy offensive tools, so if he's putting up 40 points he is either cheating or has much, much better linemates than he should be playing with.

I think this signing is fine, he's good defensively and played a lot of wing for Dallas, so he's versatile. The Stars did often play him up the lineup, but that's more due to lack of offensive depth, and not because Dickinson has untapped offensive potential.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Yeah, don't think he has any noteworthy offensive tools, so if he's putting up 40 points he is either cheating or has much, much better linemates than he should be playing with.

I think this signing is fine, he's good defensively and played a lot of wing for Dallas, so he's versatile. The Stars did often play him up the lineup, but that's more due to lack of offensive depth, and not because Dickinson has untapped offensive potential.

With all the injuries he played with the teams best offensive players a ton last year and still didn't really improve his scoring all that much. With how much premium icetime the Stars gave him last year if there was any untapped potential there he would've put up at least 25-30 points not 15 .

Reactions: Captain Awesome

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Yup, that’s fine. I actually would have preferred a 4th year, but that would likely raise the cap up, so I’m good with this.
He was an rfa at 26. Per cba rules because he has a July birthday he doesn’t qualify to be a ufa next year despite having at least 4 nhl seasons under his because he doesn’t turn 27 til after July 1. For those players born in that 11 week period between July 1 to the sept 15 draft cutoff if they don’t are on on an nhl roster for half the season in their first pro year they won’t get to be ufa until the year they turn 28.

thus Dickinson only signed 1 ufa year away. Will turn 29 when this deal expires. He would need to hope that both he and the Canucks do well over these 3 years to put himself in position to land a Goodrow type contract on his next opportunity. That’s probably why it’s a 3 year term and not any longer. Gets him some guaranteed money at $8 mill since he’s only made around $6 mill so far in his career.

Reactions: JAK

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
His QO was 2.75, chances are he doesn't take much less than that, which is what happened, value is value.
No. His salary last season was just $1.6 mill. So his QO isn’t going to be $1.15 mill higher than that. There are built in percentage increases depending on where your salary was against the nhl average.

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
No. His salary last season was just $1.6 mill. So his QO isn’t going to be $1.15 mill higher than that. There are built in percentage increases depending on where your salary was against the nhl average.

I must've misread that, because I swear I remember reading it was 2.75, and I remember worrying that we would give him 3 or more a year.

Xanlet

Apr 16, 2013
B.C.
Pettersson 1st 3 seasons .93ppg Marner .93 Eichel .84 he gets over 9 book it Hughes 8+
And the two teams that signed those players are perennial under achievers. If Pettersson wants to play for a winner, like he says, he should take a more modest cap hit.

bertuzzi2bure

Apr 14, 2021
can someone explain whats so special about this guy defensively? in dallas was he matched up against other teams top forwards?

im always weary of this "defensive" forwards that barely crack 10 goals..... so he can backcheck..? tell me there is more here.

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
His faceoff % is a little overemphasized IMO but he's been improving each year. I also wouldn't put it past Travis Green to throw Sutter on that line for late game time and take off Podkolzin/winger on that line.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00