Confirmed with Link: [VAN/FLA] Canucks acquire Erik Gudbranson, 2016 5th ~ PT2

Status
Not open for further replies.

MadaCanuckle

Jun 25, 2012
Lisboa
BAM!

I would also say to the corsi guys out there, probably the best corsi team of all time would be the Russians in the 70's. It can tell you a lot about the game but those kind of stats based approaches can't explain why Canada won the Summit Series or why the Bruins beat us in '11. Emotion, confidence, team toughness, hard work, competitiveness, heart, the willingness to break the odd ankle to win or stick some fingers in a guys mouth and claim a guy bit you... the so called intangibles will trump skilled 'possession play' hockey every time, especially in the playoffs.

Well, past Cup winners prove otherwise.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Just giving my 2 cents about this trade. I feel like benning has a huge problem, he favors high floor players rather than high ceiling ones. That's problematic because it drags the whole team down and i feel like the potential coming with all these "middle of the pack" players is quite low. maybe he is trying to limit the risk (boom vs bust potential) but i also think that the reward is minimal with the majority of the players he traded for (Gudbranson included)

Btw, no team, trying to compete (Florida) would trade a Defensive cornerstone if he wasn't flawed (always ask yourself why these players are available in first place)
Bingo.
Although its important to consider cap reasons. (I dont think it applies in this instance) even though reported as such.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
One could make a "highlight" package of Andrew Alberts very similar to that one.

Yeah, not exactly much to see there.

Loads of fights! Most of which came in his first couple seasons when he fought far more than now.

It's worth mentioning again, as well, that Gudbranson has already had 2 concussions in 2016. This is not good, at all, for a player whose game is built on physical play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad