Proposal: Van - Detroit swap 6th OA for 9th OA +

zcaptain

Apr 4, 2012
Hi Everyone

A Canuck fan here. I am coming to you in friendship.

I am just wondering what would the add be to convince the Red Wing's to swap the 6th OA for the 9th OA?

Our prospects are thin, as they are all playing on the big team, so I propose the add to be a pick.

Any thoughts on it?

On a totally separate note, are you guys remotely interested in picking Wallstedt or Cossa?

Thanks!

Go Detroit!

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
Hi Everyone

I am just wondering what would the add be to convince the Red Wing's to swap the 6th OA for the 9th OA?

Our prospects are thin, as they are all playing on the big team, so I propose the add to be a pick.

Any thoughts on it?

On a totally separate note, are you guys remotely interested in picking Wallstedt or Cossa?

Thanks!

Go Detroit!

To the second question: There's a split, many including myself, don't want a first round goalie. Some on the other hand do.

As for trading up? Juolevi would be my ask.

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
Hi Everyone

Any thoughts on it?

Thanks!

Go Detroit!
God damn you I'm tired after a beer league game and thought this was an official announcement :help:

Reactions: zcaptain

golffuul

Oct 24, 2011
Hi Everyone

Any thoughts on it?

Thanks!

Go Detroit!
That's tough. Maybe a 2022 Conditional 2nd that becomes a first if you make the playoffs? Stays a 2nd if you don't.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Is it because Hughes brothers. I don't think they will be good together. I don't think it's make a lot of sense for you guys. Price isn't going to be cheap. Get Johnson instead Hughes, I don't see much difference between 2

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
To answer the OP question, a mid/late-ish ~50th OA 2nd isn't worth dropping down 3 spots in the Top 10. Not to me anyway. We have plenty of picks & really need more NHL ready/near-ready prospects w/skill (Top6C/Top4D) realistic projection, if not floor.

Also I've read Juolevi is a bust, but I have no idea what his true value is.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Why the fear of this idea? Especially in a draft like this one.
I kinda see a top 9, then a drop off. If it was a move from 3 to 6 or 4 to 7, I could be more comfortable with it, knowing that there were still multiple options in that tier, even if nobody went off board.

But if I only like 9 players, and there's a chance that all but one will be gone...Vancouver would likely have to add more than they'd be willing to part with for me to cut the margin that thin.

zcaptain

Apr 4, 2012
Sorry if I scared anyone...not my intention

I think???? there is a top 10 if you include the goalie Wallstedt

To answer about Juolevi, IMO, he has shown well in his limited viewings. "Smart!" Great first pass. Still needs more games, before making a big statement and saying he is a regular, but I would say he is well on his way to being that.

I would be good with either Juolevi or a 2022-2nd, as the add

Our targets IMO are McTavish and Clarke, but with these rankings, there all over the place, so I thought I would ask.

Thanks

Reactions: golffuul

Tetsuo

Boss of a Pile of Rubble
Apr 11, 2018
Michigan
To swap 6 for 9? It would take pick 41 or next years 2nd, pure and simple. I just looked over the Vancouver's prospect pool and it is... not great. We already have plenty of depth guys in our pipeline.

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
To answer the OP question, a mid/late-ish ~50th OA 2nd isn't worth dropping down 3 spots in the Top 10. Not to me anyway. We have plenty of picks & really need more NHL ready/near-ready prospects w/skill (Top6C/Top4D) realistic projection, if not floor.

Also I've read Juolevi is a bust, but I have no idea what his true value is.

I completely agree. I don’t have much interest in any of the packages being discussed in here.

Gyldenlove

Jun 10, 2013
I would take their 2nd rounder this year to do that trade, or throw something on top and take next years 1st rounder.

As for picking Wahlstedt, I am really warming up to the idea. Aside from a short period of Mrazek and Howard we have been accepting bad goalie play too often the last several seasons. Looking at how important goalie play is to playoff success, I would not mind picking a goalie. Especially in a year like this when prospect ranking is so uncertain.

Reactions: Three Crowns

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
I would take their 2nd rounder this year to do that trade, or throw something on top and take next years 1st rounder.

As for picking Wahlstedt, I am really warming up to the idea. Aside from a short period of Mrazek and Howard we have been accepting bad goalie play too often the last several seasons. Looking at how important goalie play is to playoff success, I would not mind picking a goalie. Especially in a year like this when prospect ranking is so uncertain.

I would want Juolevi, he could be a middle pairing guy for a long time and their 9 oa.

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
Am I taking crazy pills? People would move down from 6th to 9th for a 2nd rounder or Olli-will-never-be-an-NHLer-Juolevi?

We get extra 2nd rounders for moving from 16 to 20, or from 18 to 20.

Price would be much higher to move down within the top 10.

Never will be an NHLer played in the NHL last year.

jfrank21

Oct 1, 2009
Am I taking crazy pills? People would move down from 6th to 9th for a 2nd rounder or Olli-will-never-be-an-NHLer-Juolevi?

We get extra 2nd rounders for moving from 16 to 20, or from 18 to 20.

Price would be much higher to move down within the top 10.
Thank you! Olli "We should have just kept Cholo" Juollevi is not someone who would entice me enough to give up that 6 pick, unless they only have eyes for a goalie. And even then, what if San Jose takes Wallstedt? Would be a pretty dumb look.

Killerjas

Mar 6, 2017
Netherlands
Hi Everyone

Any thoughts on it?

Thanks!

Go Detroit!

Eriksson plus your 1st round pick for our 2nd round pick sounds like a deal to me

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Never will be an NHLer played in the NHL last year.
I mean you called Smith "not an NHL level player" and he has more games than Juolevi at the NHL level despite being a much later pick.

Averaging 13 minutes a game at this point in his career and still making some noticeable terrible mistakes..?

Don't get me wrong, I'd be open to something like a Svechnikov/Juolevi swap 1-for-1, but he's not a piece that moves the needle for us at the #6OA.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad