Proposal: VAN / DAL

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I like Boeser but eesh thats a steep price i probably wouldn't pay for Boeser . He gets hurt too much for my taste.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Sorry Dallas fans, I wish we didn't bring you into this. Fine players our guy is asking for and all that.

Boeser is a fine sniper and fantastic player. He's allegedly been playing injured for a while, he's got some difficulties off ice that he is dealing with, and an off year he's got 45 points in 56 games.

Plus, I mean presently he's out of the line up due to an unrelated injury. That's not going to help his value.

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
Vancouver looks like they got a good thing going. I think they should add pieces not trade away 1 of their top young pieces.
Yeah. There’s no reason for Vancouver to trade him. He’s a great young player who’s still developing. The injuries are the one concern. But I seriously doubt management has any interest in moving him, despite what some over dramatic fans might think

BannedFromCDC

Sep 18, 2012
New Westminster
So stupid, guy has been one of the Canucks top players in the last 3 years.

now he’s getting pushed down the lineup a little bit by elite players, that’s exactly what you want. Why would we trade a young 30 goal scorer with no drama?
He’s never scored 30 in a season though. Also Jake Virtanen, and Loui Eriksson arn’t elite players...

UK Canuck

Dec 27, 2018
Boeser shouldn't be traded at all, BUT if he were to be, it shouldn't be for futures, it'd be a hockey trade for a quality RHD

Reactions: Cogburn

Tempo

Jun 13, 2019
Yea, let’s start trading our young core away for prospects and rebuild the rebuilt because our players will never aged...

Another quality post from OP as per usual...

CascadiaPuck

Proud Canucks investor.
Jan 13, 2010
Vancouver
He’s never scored 30 in a season though. Also Jake Virtanen, and Loui Eriksson arn’t elite players...

You're right. He's a 29 goal scorer and a two-time 26+ goal scorer (both in under 70 games) who has averaged a >30 goal/season pace for the nearly 200 games he's played in the NHL so far. Happy?

Last edited:
Reactions: Cogburn

eartotheground

capslock broken
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2006
Helsinki South
You're right. He's a 29 goal scorer and a two-time 26+ goal scorer (both in under 70 games) who has averaged a >30 goal/season pace for the nearly 200 games he's played in the NHL so far. Happy?
he'd better be that and more if dallas is going to give up a 1st, and 2 out of their 4 best prospects. it's no cheap date the op tossed out there.

CascadiaPuck

Proud Canucks investor.
Jan 13, 2010
Vancouver
he'd better be that and more if dallas is going to give up a 1st, and 2 out of their 4 best prospects. it's no cheap date the op tossed out there.

Yeah - I completely understand if there's hesitation on the Dallas side. It's probably true that neither side makes the deal

I just think it's asinine for other posters to quibble about Boeser not "technically" being a 30 goal scorer. It's dumb.

BannedFromCDC

Sep 18, 2012
New Westminster
Yeah - I completely understand if there's hesitation on the Dallas side. It's probably true that neither side makes the deal

I just think it's asinine for other posters to quibble about Boeser not "technically" being a 30 goal scorer. It's dumb.
It’s the truth. He’s not a good skater to begin with. He’s already had injury problems this early in his career. He’s not the saviour you think he is.

CascadiaPuck

Proud Canucks investor.
Jan 13, 2010
Vancouver
It’s the truth. He’s not a good skater to begin with. He’s already had injury problems this early in his career. He’s not the saviour you think he is.

I never said he was a saviour or commented on ANY of that.

I said quibbling about him not technically being a 30 goal scorer was dumb. (It’s also textbook pedantry.)

That is all.

But since you brought it up: I also think you’re selling him short. He’s not going to be the saviour, but he’s going to be a key piece who could be good for 70+ points year in and year out for a long time. I hope he sticks around.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
He still has not recovered from his back injury and his shot has gone downhill.

He’s only put up points because he was originally playing with EP and Miller, thus riding their coattails, and getting PP1 time.

Since he moved away from the top line he has not produced much.

He’s also lazy defensively, hence the demotion from the top line.

Anyone thinking he’s a top line forward right now is purely stat watching and not paying attention to his actual game.

If he’s not in the Top 6, which before his injury he was not, then he does not bring much value to the team.

Those are the reasons for him being in so many proposals lately.

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
First line player?
Check
First year of cost-effective bridge deal?
Check
Visibly improved checking game?
Check
Playoff contending team?
Check

Better trade him boys

Diablo2020

Feb 11, 2020
Calgary
Boeser is something Vancouver hasnt had for a long long time. A hugely valuable asset we think we could do without.

So obviously we're going to include him in every armchair scenario we can to improve the team.

In the end, we've also never had young talent with such promise as Boeser on the wings so unless a Seth Jones or Matt Dumba becomes available Brock likely stays put for a long time.

Brock is 43rd all time in forward scoring for the Canucks. In his third year. Its about time we tried for some longevity and classy kids like Brock are a good place to start.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad