Proposal: VAN / DAL

Tempo

Jun 13, 2019
It’s the truth. He’s not a good skater to begin with. He’s already had injury problems this early in his career. He’s not the saviour you think he is.

No one ever said Boeser is the saviour other than yourself...

Man...you are arguing with yourself and you don’t even realize it... /smh

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
I think the price is a fair ask because of Boeser’s skill level. From Dallas it would still be a no for a variety of reasons. Doesn’t work cap wise, have Pavelski and Radulov on high cap contracts for the next two seasons (both right wings), doesn’t work cap wise, and he wouldn’t fit into our current system. I don’t expect any of the three pieces offered to end up as good as Boeser, but considering it’s a bad fit I wouldn’t give it up.

Reactions: Tempo

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
I doubt I'll ever live long enough for the Canucks and Stars to ever complete a trade....the owners hate each other.

LuckyBoeser

Oct 8, 2018
Some people acts like Boeser is consistently lazy, which is certainly not the case. Does he have his off games where no effort is shown... yes. However, he does seems to put effort in defensive positioning and checking aside from the odd game. Even if he appears to not be flashy in that area; it doesn't equal low effort.

Reactions: lawrence

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
It'd be rough to give up Robertson but I'd probably make that deal.
Of course something like that will never happen, Cap wouldn't work, owners hate each other.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Forgot about the Derek Roy trade?
A rental between teams such as the Roy trade is a possibility to happen, but you have to go back 8yrs to find the last time the two teams made a trade (with Current Ownership). A player the caliber of Boesser, not likely going to happen

serp

Jan 17, 2016
A rental between teams such as the Roy trade is a possibility to happen, but you have to go back 8yrs to find the last time the two teams made a trade (with Current Ownership). A player the caliber of Boesser, not likely going to happen

Even rentals are not a sure thing. I still remember when the Canucks randomly kept upcoming UFA Hamhuis that Dallas really wanted at the deadline in 2015-2016 and Stars then traded for Kris Russell ..... ugh . In the offseason Hamhuis signed with the Stars.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
He’s not the sniper we thought he was.

I fondly recall nucks fans proclaiming him to be a 40g scorer before he even hit 30. he still hasnt hit 30.
I think he settles in a 30g/65pt guy though..who knows maybe he can take a connor like leap

Dynamite Time

Where Is My Mind?
Jan 23, 2018
Austin, TX
I don’t see why Vancouver would do this at all out of the blue.

A week or so ago Boeser for Benn, one of the two guys mentioned and a 1st sounds a little more probable; Benn also has a NMC but Vancouver is his home so.

Vancouver isn’t going to trade Boeser and heading into the last 3rd of regular season Benn is finally...

Hierso

Time to Rock
Oct 2, 2018
Boeser shouldn't be traded at all, BUT if he were to be, it shouldn't be for futures, it'd be a hockey trade for a quality RHD

The only way i can see it happening is if Boeser wants to go back to Minnesota to be closer to his family and the Wilds are willing to trade Dumba for Boeser straight up.

Aqualung

Nov 16, 2007
I fondly recall nucks fans proclaiming him to be a 40g scorer before he even hit 30. he still hasnt hit 30.
I think he settles in a 30g/65pt guy though..who knows maybe he can take a connor like leap
How many fond memories do you have of leaf fans proclaiming a young player before running them out of town?

Reactions: Homer J Benning

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014
I don't think I'd make the trade, but it's actually decent value and solves the team's cap/bridge problems for the next couple of years.

ZeHockeyFan

Apr 9, 2014
To Dallas Stars
Brock Boeser

To Vancouver Canucks
Ty Dellandrea
Jason Roberston
2020 1st Round Pick

Stars need a player like Boeser, but that trade isn't happening without salary going back. Just don't have space for his near $6M and Stars have no equivalent talent on roster to give away. Pretty sure Pavs doesn't want to go to Vancouver nor does Vancouver want a much older and more expensive player in return.

ZeHockeyFan

Apr 9, 2014
Canuck fans are the worst... selling Boeser like this... it wasn’t long ago when they were doing this to Virtanen, Horvat in his early days. Zero patience, trading Boeser would be a huge mistake and a very dumb move.

What is going on there with Boeser?

GoodbyeLuongo

Jun 8, 2012
Seattle
What is going on there with Boeser?

There are folks that have concocted this idea that he's lazy and isn't playing hard. Which of course isn't true. He hasn't scored as frequently but he's still on pace to produce very well. Couple in the fact that he may be understandably distracted with his fathers health and it just doesn't make much sense why he's become a whipping boy.

GoodbyeLuongo

Jun 8, 2012
Seattle

People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. We all know that Leaf fans have been long notorious for overhyping their prospects.

Cancuks

Former Exalted Ruler
Jan 13, 2014
At the EI office
Fans want to trade him because after his rookie year, they were expecting him to be the next Pavel and score 50 goals a year. He's not a superstar and never will be. He's a very good player who can pot 30-35 a year. He's being misused by Green and doesn't fit well with Pettersson who needs playmaking wingers. He should be playing with Horvat where he had success before Pettersson arrived but Green is too much of an idiot to understand this.

ZeHockeyFan

Apr 9, 2014
There are folks that have concocted this idea that he's lazy and isn't playing hard. Which of course isn't true. He hasn't scored as frequently but he's still on pace to produce very well. Couple in the fact that he may be understandably distracted with his fathers health and it just doesn't make much sense why he's become a whipping boy.

Thanks for the explanation

Copenhagen91

Jan 28, 2016
“BannedfromCDC” I can see why...

He’s having a down year, he’s a young player. Why trade him..?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->