Confirmed Trade: [VAN/DAL] Jason Dickinson for 2021 3rd round pick

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
Some here crap all over JD, calling him easily replaced, but he is a solid player Van fans will like. I'd call him middle six because the Stars could and did slide him up and down the lineup.

His best role is shutdown line center, and he'll do well at that.

Glad the Stars got some value our of him. Well see if Dellandrea or someone else really can replace him, but he'll take a few years to be as good.

Izzy Goodenough

Oct 11, 2020
Middle six is being generous, he is a bottom six player for sure.

Bottom six you say, Jim Benning and the brain trust of the Canucks have spent almost a complete decade pursuing the Cup by acquiring elite 4th liners and it sounds like Dickenson fits the bill, that is if his new contract is for 3.5M or above for 4 years.

LBCANUCK

Jun 26, 2012
take some heat off Horvat in the matchup game. Love his game but hes never played 82 games before in the NHL

eartotheground

capslock broken
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2006
Helsinki South
Good pickup for the Canucks. As a Stars fan, I wanted them to keep JD and expose or trade Faksa. But no problem—you’ll like his game and compete. Only problem is injury issues. Dude just needs to wear a cage and he’d be good to go for all 82.
i've never seen a face that was more of a magnet for sticks and pucks. it's unreal how often he gets drilled in the face.

also, seven pages for JD? peak offseason.

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
i've never seen a face that was more of a magnet for sticks and pucks. it's unreal how often he gets drilled in the face.

also, seven pages for JD? peak offseason.
Any player acquired by a Canadian team will see this type of action.

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Some here crap all over JD, calling him easily replaced, but he is a solid player Van fans will like. I'd call him middle six because the Stars could and did slide him up and down the lineup.

His best role is shutdown line center, and he'll do well at that.

Glad the Stars got some value our of him. Well see if Dellandrea or someone else really can replace him, but he'll take a few years to be as good.

No idea how he could possibly be considered middle six when he puts up 23 points a season and produces even worse in the playoffs.

TheUnusedCrayon

Apr 12, 2018
I'm surprised we lost a pretty high 3rd for this but that's Benning for you. There's usually a lot of these players in the nhl during free agency, dunno why this guy constantly throws away his best asset (drafting) before the draft even exists. Why not wait until the draft at that spot to make this trade???

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I'm surprised we lost a pretty high 3rd for this but that's Benning for you. There's usually a lot of these players in the nhl during free agency, dunno why this guy constantly throws away his best asset (drafting) before the draft even exists. Why not wait until the draft at that spot to make this trade???

Because Dickinson would've been in Seattle if the Stars didn't move him. Stars traded him because they didn't want to lose a player they like for nothing. Just get some value while they still can.

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
I think a third for a player of his quality is quite fair. Good deal for both sides, given the circumstances. I mean, the chances of that pick turning into a regular NHL player are pretty low.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Take a look at the centre market in the NHL ufa class this year

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011

Who are all these players you speak of that are going to fall into our laps in FA? I'm honestly curious?

I hate Benning as much as anyone, but this is a good deal for both sides, now hopefully he doesn't go all Benning and overpay him.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2