Confirmed Trade: [VAN/CGY] Elias Lindholm for Andrei Kuzmenko, Hunter Brzustewicz, Joni Jurmo, 2024 1st, cond. 2024 4th

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
It would surprise me either but they would be an "empty" 30 goals.

He's very offensively gifted, if he gets his confidence back he's able to score at a PPG level with being a very entetaining player and funny and positive person. It's just you have to let him play his hockey which is always a problem in the NHL. Too many "system coaches" who care about their systems only. They are hired, win some games, get some points in couple of seasons, then fail miserably, get fired... and then this vicious circle continues.

Very few creative coaches, who see hockey as art and not hard and tedious work...

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
Brzustweich lead the OHL in assists as a dman and was top 10 in scoring looks like the flames got another player out of that trade as well

Boomstick

Oct 29, 2003
St. Catharines, Ontario
Visit site
At least Weegar and Huberdeau have more goals than Tkachuk ?
Should be an interesting After Hours with Huberdeau.
He has 11 goals, Weegar has 18. Huberdeau's overall game has been decent, but points production is still way down, his plus/minus stinks too. Going to be a tough few years for us Flames fans, but every team has to go through it. I honestly thought we should have started selling at last years trade deadline with retention. Lindholm, Hanifin with a year and a bit with retention may have gotten us a bit better picks or prospects. Hindsight though.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
He's very offensively gifted, if he gets his confidence back he's able to score at a PPG level with being a very entetaining player and funny and positive person. It's just you have to let him play his hockey which is always a problem in the NHL. Too many "system coaches" who care about their systems only. They are hired, win some games, get some points in couple of seasons, then fail miserably, get fired... and then this vicious circle continues.

Very few creative coaches, who see hockey as art and not hard and tedious work...
The irony is that systems came from the Russian advances in hockey to make it a world power but I digress.

What you describe about Kuz is correct but that's not a recipe for winning today and that's why I'm glad he is gone.

He will be good when the players around him are leading but he is an anchor when adversity strikes.

HairyKneel

Jun 5, 2023
Lindholm is a 3rd liner. Most overrated in the NHL.
He scored at a 70 point pace in Calgary for five years prior to this season. So as a third liner on what must have been an absolute juggernaut, can you name me the six forwards that were better than him and can you also tell me why this all star team didn’t win anything in Lindholm’s time there.

Reactions: Nucklehead Supreme

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
The irony is that systems came from the Russian advances in hockey to make it a world power but I digress.

What you describe about Kuz is correct but that's not a recipe for winning today and that's why I'm glad he is gone.

He will be good when the players around him are leading but he is an anchor when adversity strikes.

Soviet system was based on creativity and physical conditioning. Most of NHL coaches have taken just conditioning from it.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
He scored at a 70 point pace in Calgary for five years prior to this season. So as a third liner on what must have been an absolute juggernaut, can you name me the six forwards that were better than him and can you also tell me why this all star team didn’t win anything in Lindholm’s time there.
I don’t know where you got your numbers from but the only times he got over 70 pt pace were the 2 years Gaudreau got 100 pts. He was definitely carried by Gaudreau and Tkachuk/Monahan.

He is definitely not a 1st line center. Possibly a 2nd line center except he can’t carry his line offensively so I think he is a good 3rd line center on a good team.

Anyway, his production now shows it

• Haha
Reactions: Ledge And Dairy

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
It was based on puck possession and the larger ice surface.

Absolute majority of best vs best games were played on the small ice, Soviet players didn't see it as a problem at all, and as you probably remember in 1972 Soviets won the small ice series but lost the big ice one.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
I will say that if Canucks fans are waiting for Lindholm to arrive in the spring, they’ll be disappointed. Even when healthy, he was never much of a playoff performer

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
I think you're misisng a certain someone

Sean Monahan

Sean Monahan was a limiting factor on Lindholm/Gaudreau going nuclear outside of one season.
He was just always hurt in Calgary, and for some reason no one ever thought it right to just get the guy under the knife, rehab it correctly and go from there. It was always the same cycle for probably 6 years in Calgary after his rookie/sophomore season.

- Gets hurt midway through the year
- Team/him play through it, really limiting what he can do on the ice.
- Season ends, it's announced he's having a least 1 procedure done, some times multiple.
- He's back for training camp, game 1.
- Looks weird out there for the first 10 games, starts scoring and playing well again after.
- Gets hurt midway through the year
Rinse & Repeat.

TBH though, I think it'd be bonkers if CBJ went out and got Lindholm/Monahan to reunite the old gang. That'd be funny. Purple Gatorade 2.0. Go do it!

Reactions: HitterD and Nanuuk

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1