Confirmed Signing with Link: [VAN] Canucks sign free agent F Andrei Kuzmenko (1 year, $950k)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
I actually want to keep him. We can’t gut the roster dry because we need somebody that can also play with petey and for him to rack up points. He’s also a great model for us. Dudes all smiles all the time he’s absolutely hilarious.

Reactions: brakeyawself

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
Absolutely destroying all expectations
I still can't find that guy who said he will not be as good as Kubalik or

I actually want to keep him. We can’t gut the roster dry because we need somebody that can also play with petey and for him to rack up points. He’s also a great model for us. Dudes all smiles all the time he’s absolutely hilarious.
No Canucks need to keep those elite young players and build around them. We can't just gut the whole team because we are missing 2 top 4D and Demko playing bad this year. The team has lots of good young pieces

EP to Kuzmenko

Dec 5, 2015
I've read his agent has said he will wait until after the season to negotiate. If true, you need to consider trading him.

Reactions: lawrence

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
I've read his agent has said he will wait until after the season to negotiate. If true, you need to consider trading him.
I assume his agent is going to want to see what’s available in free agency. He’d be foolish to sign an extension before.

Reactions: lawrence

Warh1ppy

Feb 14, 2018
If he isn't re-signed before the deadline and can return a decent piece, they have to move him.
100%

he is literally found money and his cap hit of less than $400k at the TDL means if he has not committed to the team they can not risk him doing what Bobrovsky and Panarin did to Columbus.

Schenn and Kuzmenko should be moved at the TDL as the value of their contracts makes them incredibly worth while additions to cap strapped cup hopefuls.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
If Vancouver has to trade him to another team, I hope it will be Tampa. Him instead of Namestnikov on that Stamkos - Kucherov line can potentially be filthy.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Whoever picks him up at the deadline is going to be looking real smart because by the time the deadline hits he's going to be owed almost nothing.

brakeyawself

Oct 5, 2006
I'm not sure how much other teams would be willing to pay, if they know he won't extend with the Canucks. Which just means, they will lose him either way. I doubt they get what he's actually worth, but if they really cant extend him, not sure there's a choice.

Dudes a star though. Sucks they can't keep him.

jd22

Aug 16, 2008
Texel, Netherlands
I'm not sure how much other teams would be willing to pay, if they know he won't extend with the Canucks. Which just means, they will lose him either way. I doubt they get what he's actually worth, but if they really cant extend him, not sure there's a choice.

Dudes a star though. Sucks they can't keep him.

He was re-signed to a two year, 5.5m deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad