Proposal: Van and NYI

Alexander Edler

Dec 9, 2015
Vancouver BC
i posted this on one of the NYI Van threads so here we go

Ho-Sang 2017 1st
For
Eriksson (25% = 4.5 Mil) Canucks 2nd 2017

Canucks Bring in Ho-Sang who has some problems but could be moved up to nhl and NYI 1st this year

Eriksson Provides Tavares with a much needed Winger and a 2nd round pick likely to be low 30's

kasper11

Feb 27, 2002
New York
Visit site
Oooohhhh...you mean we could have Eriksson and Ladd for the next 6 years? Wow, that sounds awesome and not at all like something Islanders fans would be regretting. All that for only Ho Sang AND a first? What a friggin steal!

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
Ho-Sang Has been Struggling and Eriksson with Tavares could push them out of top 10
i do agree tho we would have to add, we could add a D Prospect Not Named Juolevi or Stecher

Eriksson has no value, his contract is almost as bad as Ladd and with retention his value is still minimal.
Flip the picks and leave everything else as is and then you may be looking at a feasible deal

Skirbs1011

May 18, 2015
Does NYI even have the cap space to do this? Does it help if Van takes negative value in Grabovski or Kulemin

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
Does NYI even have the cap space to do this? Does it help if Van takes negative value in Grabovski or Kulemin

Kulemin is not truly negative value. He has been a very good contributor when healthy... especially in this recent run.

Baymen4

Oct 31, 2016
I'd do it if Erikkson is retained at 50%, Guys still has a lethal shot and trading our first for their second is likely only moving down 15 spots from 15-25 to 31-35 in a weak draft. I'm fine with trading our first after the season is over and we see what position we're in, Not at the deadline.

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
LMAO Ho-Sang and most likely a top 5 pick for ERIKSSON and a 2nd. ERIKSSON.

Haven't looked at the standings lately have you . . .

Right now the Isles control their own fate in the Wild Card standings. 5 points out with 3 games in hand.

More likely mid-round first.

ichabod13

Oct 5, 2010
Baltimore Maryland
Kulemin is not truly negative value. He has been a very good contributor when healthy... especially in this recent run.

you aint kidding he has. hes been playing some damn good hockey lately.
i always felt kind of bad for him because his contributions to the team-for the most part-go un-noticed by most fans.

i dont really have any interest in erikkson.

TacitEndorsement

Jul 2, 2009

Ho-Sang 2017 1st
For

Canucks Bring in Ho-Sang who has some problems but could be moved up to nhl and NYI 1st this year

Eriksson Provides Tavares with a much needed Winger and a 2nd round pick likely to be low 30's

Dude Eriksson is on pace for 35 points and is signed for 6 more years. Are you nuts?

JuniorNelson

Jan 21, 2010
E.Vancouver

Ho-Sang 2017 1st
For

This is very unlikely. Eriksson is a Canuck until he retires. The contract he has isn't transferrable. Canucks had to grossly overpay to get anyone.

Ho-Sang is an attractive prospect. He didn't make a good impression in his initial showing with Islanders. If Snow is just dumping him, Canucks can offer another prospect.

FOurteenS inCisOr

FOS COrp CEO
May 4, 2012
Republic of VI
To be fair Granlund has played pretty well when I've watched the Nucks this year. And I'm a Flames fan who hates the Nucks and is super upset about that trade now.

He's been alright in the offensive zone—opportunistic.

Just an absolute liability in his own end and in any sort of puck battle.

I'd like to see better than alright with that sort of one way play.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad