Confirmed with Link: [VAN/ANA] Canucks Acquire 2016 2nd-Round Pick for D Kevin Bieksa

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
Some fans can never be happy even with moving out a 4.6 million liability from last season for a 2nd round pick.

Doug Wilson is a complete turd to negotiate with, well known around NHL circles. Its worth a few draft slots not to let him get a player he wanted.

A) Never said I wasn't happy with the value.

B) The execution sucked. We had a better deal from SJ, held out and then got a worse deal. Wouldn't matter if it didn't leak, but it did. It's a joke that we have Juice already scouting out houses in SJ when they didn't even agree on a deal.

VanCanucks53

Jul 6, 2007
Calgary
Bieksa will be fine in Anaheim. I think he'll be able to bounce back on a good team playing much less minutes. They have cap space and it's only a 2 year deal so it's not bad for them. He's a good fit there.

arsmaster*

Bieksa was an even player next to sbisa last year. I expect that to improve next to lindholm and fowler.

I get that he wasn't great here but he's got plenty of gas left. Hoping he and kes get another crack at Stanley.

Drop the Sopel

May 4, 2007
calgary
Bieksa was an even player next to sbisa last year. I expect that to improve next to lindholm and fowler.

I get that he wasn't great here but he's got plenty of gas left. Hoping he and kes get another crack at Stanley.

He looked done this season. Anaheim locked him up for 3 years.

I love that. If you're looking for a steadying, veteran presence for the young, offensively inclined blueliners the Ducks have, Bieksa was the worst possible veteran to add IMO. Guy plays like a raw rookie a lot of the time.

Francois Beachemin was a good, steady veteran there. Him being forced out is also a major factor in all of this.

The Chicago Blackhawks endorse this move. :laugh:

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013

He will look better in Anaheim for sure, but he was never going to be worth that contract here. And probably isn't worth it now.

Jimson Hogarth*

Nov 21, 2013

Juice is one of the all time greatest Canucks. Some players play here a long time, some just as long or longer, and they don't come close to having a list like this. You could probably throw a couple others:

1. Superman punch against the now infamous Mike Richards
2. Replacing Lain to take the face off against Westgarth in Calgary
3. The infamous brawl in Chicago with Burrows
4. Shark seeker slayer goal in game 5
Etc

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad