Proposal: Value of: Teddy Purcell to MTL

Pacio Ready

Oct 1, 2008
You guys seem to have a lot of up-and-comers at RW. Habs need depth at RW. What would it take? Try to stick to the following:

Plekanec, Desharnais, Gorges, Emelin, Moen, Briere, Bourque, prospects (except Beaulieu, Tinordi, McCarren), draft picks.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
You guys seem to have a lot of up-and-comers at RW. Habs need depth at RW. What would it take? Try to stick to the following:

Plekanec, Desharnais, Gorges, Emelin, Moen, Briere, Bourque, prospects (except Beaulieu, Tinordi, McCarren), draft picks.

Cant remember the other offers but last week got an agreement primarily for pateryn and budaj

there was something around emelin too that think got light agreement on.

I would like tinordi. Not sure how others feel.

Jacko95

Sep 19, 2012

Obviously we would love to have Tinordi, but there is a reason you don't want to trade him ;)

How about a 2nd rounder and Budaj for Purcell and a late toi pick?

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Rather just have a pick for Purcell preferably a 15' 2nd. Don't really want Budaj but if we need to for cap reasons then that's fine. Still want a 15' 2nd we'd add a 5th this year for Budaj.

jayslightning79

@jayslightning79
Aug 22, 2013
Moncton NB

Wouldn't take much IMHO, the guy makes way too much. Taking over his contract with maybe a 3rd or 4th rounder should be sufficient, his value would probably rise significantly if TB were to hold back some of his salaries,

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
I would trade Purcell for a 2nd rounder this year. Absolutely. Open up another spot for kids/signing a veteran that will actually try + another pick for Murray to work miracles with.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Hell I would be fine just trading him for future considerations. Unless he stops these 15 game scoring droughts this year he has lost his last chance with me. We already have 4th liners that don't score regularly, we don't need a top 6 forward doing it too.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Hell I would be fine just trading him for future considerations. Unless he stops these 15 game scoring droughts this year he has lost his last chance with me. We already have 4th liners that don't score regularly, we don't need a top 6 forward doing it too.

One that is making 4.5 million dollars a year to go through the motions.

DarrylshutzSydor

Aug 9, 2007
California
One that is making 4.5 million dollars a year to go through the motions.

And I remember all the people here lining up saying what a great signing that was! The guy has been the same inconsistent periphery player his whole career, get rid of him and get what you can, there are plenty of talented players in the Bolts system waiting for opportunity!

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
And I remember all the people here lining up saying what a great signing that was! The guy has been the same inconsistent periphery player his whole career, get rid of him and get what you can, there are plenty of talented players in the Bolts system waiting for opportunity!

He is not the player he was 2 or 3 years ago.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
His game is exactly the same as it has his entire career, people in Tampa just didn't know it yet.

Watch the Boston series in 2011 and then watch any game after November this year and tell me that he is the same player. If you have nothing better to do than throwing out nonsense with no factual backing in every thread, then you need to get cable TV or something.

ThunderAlleyNomad

Aug 24, 2009

You can not seriously be saying that you think Teddy is putting the same effort and work into his game as he was when he got that contract? It's not even close to the same level of play. Although I will agree with the getting rid of him part.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Teddy hasn't been the same since he signed his contract but you could do a hell of a lot worse for a 4.5 caphit. He still somehow manages to put up points. Would you rather have Malone/Erat/Booth/Leino or Purcell? On the right team, with a good sniper he could possibly hit 60 again.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Watch the Boston series in 2011 and then watch any game after November this year and tell me that he is the same player. If you have nothing better to do than throwing out nonsense with no factual backing in every thread, then you need to get cable TV or something.

No kidding, Purcell was certainly a valuable asset in that 2011 run, much moreso than even Stamkos, and he certainly was playing his worth in the 2011-2012 season that followed.

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
Teddy hasn't been the same since he signed his contract but you could do a hell of a lot worse for a 4.5 caphit. He still somehow manages to put up points. Would you rather have Malone/Erat/Booth/Leino or Purcell? On the right team, with a good sniper he could possibly hit 60 again.

With a good sniper? We have THE sniper, in Steven Stamkos. Teddy plagued Stammer's line every time he was put on it. Not to mention, literally every other line he was put on.

Take Purcell for futures. Anything to get him off this team.

EDIT: ****, I got Hosed

Last edited:

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
With a good sniper? We have THE sniper, in Steven Stamkos. Teddy plagued Stammer's line every time he was put on it. Not to mention, literally every other line he was put on.

Take Purcell for futures. Anything to get him off this team.

Yeah. I think it's more that Teddy scores points on other people's work ethic. It's not like he's feeding guys for big opportunities that they're just not cashing in on.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad