Value of: Steve Mears

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
While watching USA/Sweden this morning, my wife turned to me and said, "I don't think we're going to have Steve Mears for long."

Of course, what does she know — she initially called him Pat Meares (in her defense, none of us are that sharp during this lockout). But she's right — he's extremely good, and if he doesn't advance within the Pens organization, I think a lot of teams/networks would love to have him.

On the plus side, he's a Pittsburgh guy (Murrysville, if I remember correctly), and we're patient people when it comes to our dream jobs, so if his goal is to be a Pens broadcaster, he'll stick around until it's available, as long as the wait isn't too long.

Hey, Lange isn't gonna be around forever, and he'll at least break in on the radio side. I definitely would rather he was calling games than (guy who we will not name), and I could tolerate his misgivings learning the job than listening to that nameless person.

He'll be really good the sooner he's in there.

He's got my backing. Looking forward to his future play by play.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
Steigerwald, Errey and Pierre McGuire are reminders that everything is NOT perfect about the return of the NHL!

Gotta find the mute button once again.

SirBrad

Sep 30, 2009
Anyone been listening to Pens Radio this week in the morning/afternoon? Brutal.

They got Rossi on now blabbing about nothing but acting like a hot shot.

I haven't had a chance to listen to Pens Radio during the day in almost 2 years because of where I was working, but am back listening and wow, it's absolutely dreadful. :(

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad